Unofficial Preview Predictions vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a pathetic piece of crap. I was actually being respectful and truthful at the same time.

OK mate, I can't see your visit here being very long.. Should've just left it where it was but you had to keep on biting..

For what it's worth, Fremantle are very much a bit of a bore to watch... Get 4 or 5 goals up quickly in the first quarter and then shut up shop. Did it against Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood... (won 2, lost one of them..) -

I can see why you will get defensive when someone otherwise calls your teams game plan rubbish, but you're in Adelaide town and when we want to call Ross Lyon coached teams defensive, boring rubbish, you're just going to have to deal with it

*big smile*

OK mate, I can't see your visit here being very long.. Should've just left it where it was but you had to keep on biting..

For what it's worth, Fremantle are very much a bit of a bore to watch... Get 4 or 5 goals up quickly in the first quarter and then shut up shop. Did it against Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood... (won 2, lost one of them..) -

I can see why you will get defensive when someone otherwise calls your teams game plan rubbish, but you're in Adelaide town and when we want to call Ross Lyon coached teams defensive, boring rubbish, you're just going to have to deal with it

*big smile*

????? Your three example equated to two out of three victories for us. The one we lost was against a top four side which we could've easily won. We have kicked higher scores then we did last year with a huge amount of injuries. I hardly think you are qualified to comment.

But yes I will leave your board now. Clearly you aren't very tolerant of other people's opinions. You would find that Adelaide supporters are welcome on our board.

????? Your three example equated to two out of three victories for us. The one we lost was against a top four side which we could've easily won. We have kicked higher scores then we did last year with a huge amount of injuries. I hardly think you are qualified to comment.

But yes I will leave your board now. Clearly you aren't very tolerant of other people's opinions. You would find that Adelaide supporters are welcome on our board.

Fremantle (and other team's supporters) are totally welcome on our board, but you're pushing buttons that don't need to be pushed...

And I didn't say anything about your game plan not being effective.. of course it's effective because you guys are sitting 6-1-2 on the ladder.. but's it's bloody boring.. Whether you won or not doesn't change that

Great. You should be in for a shock then as your out of form ruckman gets beaten by our third tier ruckman.

I don't think anyone would be really that shocked if Sauce gets pantsed tomorrow... There has actually been discussion on the board this week about whether or not he should be dropped for Angus Graham... yes, that's right, Angus Graham...

I hope Sauce comes good, but there will be no shock if he doesn't

We are just fine with opposition supporters coming onto our board. When you go around calling them "Pathetic pieces of crap" it shouldn't be a surprise when you get shot down by other posters.

We are just fine with opposition supporters coming onto our board. When you go around calling them "Pathetic pieces of crap" it shouldn't be a surprise when you get shot down by other posters.

It was a like for like response to Jango's aggressive retort to a measured post.

Lol... That's rubbish. Your board remains the only board to have carded me. Before last years final your board was insufferably arrogant and utensil sure. Then when I popped up after our win... Bam!

The weather being so wet will certainly help him with his sliding in with the knees that's for sure.

Must have McPharlin confused with another player. Have never seen him do this.

I think its going to be like sitting in a bath.......just heard 20mil or rain tomorrow......so it will be tight and close. I say Crows by 7 points.

I think that's quite a helpful way to look at it...on balance I think our changes strengthen our side whilst yours weaken your side...this is possibly offset by the fact that we've had twice as many changes so you have the benefit of being more settled.

I agree, it's hard to say.
From a Freo perspective though, we have won against some good opposition with those outs, and drew against Sydney at the SCG.

To me, it comes down to can your kids handle the pressure as well as your seniors could last year?
Also, our last loss against you was by 10 points after travelling to the MCG the week before.
This time we played Demons at home so we shouldn't fade out this time around.

I think it's going to be tough for either team to win, either way. As the cliche goes, let's just hope there are no injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its going to be like sitting in a bath.......just heard 20mil or rain tomorrow......so it will be tight and close. I say Crows by 7 points.

agree!

did you see the Foxtel Cup game there a few weeks ago? it was bucketing down and it was a shocking game of footy. i know the skill level is much better, but so is the pressure and intensity so it'll balance out IMO.

there's something about footy park that just makes the ground and ball so slippery when it's wet. it might have been Mooney or Hall at that game actually suggested that the cut of the surface is quite long, and that makes it slippery.

with that in mind, i'd be surprised to see a winning score higher than 50 points tomorrow, and the winner will be whoever makes the most of the very few legit shances to score they get. either that or it'll be some arsey ball skidding on that goes through or something that decides the game.

lets just hope it's us that in front at the end.

agree!

did you see the Foxtel Cup game there a few weeks ago? it was bucketing down and it was a shocking game of footy. i know the skill level is much better, but so is the pressure and intensity so it'll balance out IMO.

there's something about footy park that just makes the ground and ball so slippery when it's wet. it might have been Mooney or Hall at that game actually suggested that the cut of the surface is quite long, and that makes it slippery.

with that in mind, i'd be surprised to see a winning score higher than 50 points tomorrow, and the winner will be whoever makes the most of the very few legit shances to score they get. either that or it'll be some arsey ball skidding on that goes through or something that decides the game.

lets just hope it's us that in front at the end.

Like your post, cheers.

I came nosing around to see what some of the local Adelaide fans think the weather will do and who it will help. On the Freo board there's a general perception that the rain will help us, I'm not so sure myself. Despite what people think, after the strong defensive setup that we play, a key to our play with the ball is to attack fast with a kicking game that works better in better conditions. Adelaide's is similar, but have a couple of advantages. I think your core midfielders are better(faster) runners and with our second string ruck dept. I think you'll have a solid advantage in the stoppages in these sorts of conditions too. That leans to the weather suiting you guys, but not by much. We've got some toilers who know how to really work hard in slop.

What's true is that it sounds like it will be a stinker of a game for the viewers. I don't mind a bit of wet weather footy from time to time, but when it turns into soup it just becomes such a lottery and I hate it. A pitty given that both sides have quality mids that really wont be able to show off their skills.

I tipped you guys, but think it will be close. Best of luck anyway and for goodness sake no injuries.

It's the truth moron. Get the **** off our board, your stirring crap up. Your gameplay is disgusting to watch, the afl is bringing in the cap as a result of your under 9s style gameplan. Crows by 37. Our fwd line will fire up

This:thumbsu:

Lyon's game plan is a blight on the game and won't ever win Freo a GF. They might get close, but won't get close enough. They'll be just like the Saints, close but no cigar.

It's coaches like him with boring, mundane game plans that demand 18 blokes sit in the defensive fifty like an u12s game that will see the introduction of zones in the AFL, as much as I'd hate to see it happening, the blame will lie squarely with coaches like Lyon.

It's the truth moron. Get the **** off our board, your stirring crap up. Your gameplay is disgusting to watch, the afl is bringing in the cap as a result of your under 9s style gameplan. Crows by 37. Our fwd line will fire up

Please don't be like that. There's no need to be dickish with people just because they are not Crows fans. Telling them to get off "our" board is a disgusting attitude. We should welcome outside opinions, not just promote an enclosed circlejerk!

EDIT: I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK THE MODS FOR CENSORING (READ REMOVING) MY OTHER POST WHERE I EXPLAINED THAT I HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH A NORTH MELBOURNE MOD. GREAT ACCOUNTABILITY GUYS...DISGUSTING

Like your post, cheers.

I came nosing around to see what some of the local Adelaide fans think the weather will do and who it will help. On the Freo board there's a general perception that the rain will help us, I'm not so sure myself. Despite what people think, after the strong defensive setup that we play, a key to our play with the ball is to attack fast with a kicking game that works better in better conditions. Adelaide's is similar, but have a couple of advantages. I think your core midfielders are better(faster) runners and with our second string ruck dept. I think you'll have a solid advantage in the stoppages in these sorts of conditions too. That leans to the weather suiting you guys, but not by much. We've got some toilers who know how to really work hard in slop.

What's true is that it sounds like it will be a stinker of a game for the viewers. I don't mind a bit of wet weather footy from time to time, but when it turns into soup it just becomes such a lottery and I hate it. A pitty given that both sides have quality mids that really wont be able to show off their skills.

I tipped you guys, but think it will be close. Best of luck anyway and for goodness sake no injuries.

I don't think the rain will benefit either side. Let's be honest, neither the Crows or the Dockers get a lot of wet weather practice. Against Sydney or Collingwood I think the rain would disadvantage us, but against Freo I don't think it will tip the game either which way. It will just lower the standard of play, and potentially result in some injuries.

weirdtim

I think for the most part the Adelaide board is fairly good in that the mods don't go handing out cards at the drop of a hat - I've had cards from both Essendon and West Coast boards for not much at all...

You're always going to get people talking about 'our board' - that goes for all boards. People seem to want to 'other' people all the time - I don't quite understand the urge that people get, maybe it makes them feel comfortable....

Which would you prefer the jumping with the knees method that ended Scott Stevens career? Or maybe the sliding method which left Jon browns face a jigsaw puzzle?"

Well, you said sliding with the knees so that knocks out the first example by your own admission as incorrect. Just looked at a video of the second one and McPharlin does not slide into Brown with his knees, rather he is running and tries to stop as Brown, taking a mark, falls into his path. So that's two incorrect examples. Do you actually have one of McPharlin "sliding in with the knees"?

You guys are entitled to be confident on your own board, as a lot of us are on ours. That's what happens with a 50/50 game, which I think this is.

I'm finding the underrating of McPharlin by some on here quite amusing though. We always give the Vics s**t for not acknowledging quality players outside their borders, maybe we have to add parts of SA to that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back