Predictions

• Thread starter Power Mad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan24,

You have completely ignored my comments on why Power are a better club than Fremantle - it's all about that successful formula Port Adelaide has had for decades in the SANFL. Why do you think Port Adelaide were granted the second licence out of SA instead of just another generic team? Because the AFL realised that Port Adelaide has what it takes to be successful. They were right.

Then you go on to brag about how Essendon are going to dominate the universe, where in reality they've been under achievers over the last 15 years.

I agree with you DAN 24, it is a great time in the history of the Essendon Football club, if we don't win at least 2 out of the next 4 flags I will be very disappointed.

And I do agree with your previous statements regarding the minor premiership, not because of last years results but because why shouldn't the team that was better over 22 weeks not be crowned the best, instead they give it to the team that is best over 100 minutes.

If two teams are equal on games won at the top of the ladder after 22 weeks, thats when a game should be played to decide the winners, it wouldn't be fair to come down to percentage.

On a different topic, I think channel 7 should have a clock on the screen for the last say 1-2 minutes of each quarter.

POWER MAD,

The Power havn't accomplished anything yet.

In three season, they have made the finals just once (with a percentage of 90), and got beaten easily by the Kangaroos.

Whether the Power have got what it take to be successful remains to be seen. Becasue they HAVE NOT proven they can be successful in the AFL yet. They have proved however that they can be average.

All the Power are in their short unsuccessful three year history is a smal fish in a big pond. A far cry from their brother, the Port Magpies, who are a big fish in a small pond.

Spirit can only take you so far in the AFL. You need talent. When Port lack spirit AND talent we see results like Thursday nights. It was Ports biggest ever defeat and they were shameful. Essendon was too good, classy, skillful, and spirited. They embarassed Port Adelaide.

Once again, Port didn't have a forward line.

The Crows nearly won a premiership in their third season, and won two by the end of their eighth. Playing second fiddle to the Crows will be Port Powers legacy, I think.

I respect tradition more than anything. The Essendon Footbal Club has a wonderful tradition. But past results don;t guarantee future results, and the three year old Port Power (yes they are connected to the Port Magpies, but they are NOT the same thing), only have a short, and so far AVERAGE history.

I hope you feel ashamed after Thursday nights results. I was ecstatci, even though it was only agasint Port. I'd much rather beat Richmond this week coming up.

Port Didn't have a forward line! Ummm they didn't have a midfield or defence either.

There's a lot of duds in that side

heh amazing to see there on the first page Melbourne picked to taKe the wooden spoon.. guess a few boys down there at the club must've read it n decided to make liars of a few ppl
wink.gif

Thats probably the biggest amazement in there, is how many people actually rated the Dees to come dead last, and who put St Kilda in the top 4.
Ill admit that after watching the first melb v Richmond game this year, I said something along the lines of "both these teams will suck and miss the eight".
Neither sucked, and one came 3rd.
I was just amazed at the low skill level that was displayed in that game by both clubs. But it shows how fortunes can fluctuate over a 22 week season.

A.

PS- I didnt do this to stick the boot into powermad- ive done that enough. I get the feeling he/she is still around under a different name anyway.

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back