Preference - GWS OR BRIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter.

The real choice is West Coast or Richmond?
Keep the lid on bruh. Nothing is guaranteed. Arrogance like that is something Richmond supporters do. Look how that turned out in 2018...

Last edited:

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually Brisbane have quite a large Vic following. Don't forget Fitzroy.

Exactly Brisbane v Richmond in round 23 would of had 15,000 ex Fitzroy fans. Preliminary final they would be 20,000 to Collingwood 75,000!

If we play the giants then will have 94,000 Collingwood fans to 200 gws fans

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Draw, extra time. Still a draw, extra time. And so on and so forth.

The Royal Sampler Kinda like Henry the 8th I am I am. Henry the 8th I am.....

I thought it was only one extra time and then play just continues until someone scores something to break the deadlock.

There's a story in how stupidly unfair that could be out there somewhere yesterday iirc

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Prefer GWS 100%.

Stop Cameron from scoring, and you can beat them. Tag Whitfield. Game over. Plus they play poorly at the G.

The Lions have superstars everywhere.
They’ll play way too fast! Makes me uncomfortable.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
Or Adelaide.

I can only hope youre spot on.

Between their shitty interstate advantage at GMHBA and banking wins off the back of literally unnatural levels of kicking accuracy and inside 50 conversion, they were never going to hold up under Finals pressure.

I said this back in like April or so. So Friday’s result was literally zero surprise to me.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Between their s**tty interstate advantage at GMHBA and banking wins off the back of literally unnatural levels of kicking accuracy and inside 50 conversion, they were never going to hold up under Finals pressure.

I said this back in like April or so. So Friday’s result was literally zero surprise to me.

I have been saying for a month or more that they are the worst team in the top five. Would be interesting to see their percentage at the Cattery vs elesewhere. And who they played twice this year.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I have been saying for a month or more that they are the worst team in the top five. Would be interesting to see their percentage at the Cattery vs elesewhere. And who they played twice this year.

This was me back in June

And back in April

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Noble did provide a few sketchy heart in mouth moments but he got away with it. First final in front of 90k plus. It was a pretty good effort really.
Brown was the one who played a stinker and deserves to have his spot in the team under the microscope. It's no bad thing to have a player like Varcoe waiting in the wings if someone doesn't perform. We should use that leverage.

We have to have both Moore and Roughead in the backline imv. But the selectors could swing a Roughead forward and bring Magden in surprise on us. Question is: do we want to risk Magden, or risk Reid or risk a small forward line? Reid seems the obvious answer to me. If he breaks down with another soft tissue we pump it with cortisone, painkiller and tell him to suck it up!
Out: Degoey, Greenwood
Possible out: Brown
In: Reid
Possible ins: Shaz, Varcoe, Aish

Crock O clock anyone??
Edit:
Seems I have posted this in the wrong thread. Anzacday would you be so kind Sir..

Queenie Hearts

Senior List
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane definitely my preference. GWS are talented across the field with finals experience. There is no guarantee we run either but the Magpie army is more likely to overawe the Lions young players. Noble said he had never experienced anything like it and it took an adjustment. Brisbane coming off a loss to Richmond and then a hopefully tight win against GWS at home is my ideal.

If we win the preliminary, I would love Geelong or West Coast (in that order) to knock over Richmond. Geelong we can beat and Eagles will be fatigued with travel and harder games. I feel we can beat either of those teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Soaring Magpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not concerned l, this club is solely focused and driven to right the wrong of losing by under a kick last year.
90000 pie supporters at the G is going to be insane

gtrain23

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we get through Bris or GWS and make the GF
Pies vs Tigers would be the biggest thing to happen in football for a very long time
Melb would go into meltdown mode

Both Brisbane and GWS are no easy beats at the G.
We will have to be on to win against either.
Off 5% and we will loose.
We aren’t easy beats either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back