Preferred Grand Final Matchup?

Which matchup would you prefer as a neutral?

• Richmond vs Melbourne

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Richmond vs West Coast

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Collingwood vs Melbourne

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • Collingwood vs West Coast

Votes: 40 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
That time of year again, believe it or not! Collingwood were very impressive tonight, as was Melbourne yesterday. Suspect Tigers will be better rested and do them in, but the way they're playing they're a chance. Eagles/Dees also looks close.

For neutrals, which GF matchup would you most prefer to see?

Or if you can remove team allegiance and look at it purely as a spectacle. Oh who am I kidding, I don't think I can lol. Very hard to rank them as the Eags are involved without bias lol. Even if we lose next week should be an interesting matchup, only second all Melbourne granny since 2001 believe it or not.

Richmond vs Melbourne: reigning premiers, strong favourites, against a team in stellar form, a bit rough round the edges of plenty of raw talent. Would be the ultimate David and Goliath battle.

Richmond vs West Coast: 1vs2, the two best teams all year. We beat them early this year, but that was at home will NN and Gaff. We'll be underdogs but have a style of play that, if we have a blinder, might challenge them.

Collingwood vs Melbourne: Pies won on Queens birthday, and are a bit slicker and more polished. Both have a fast running game, and are of course two old Melbourne clubs so gonna be big regardless. Pies always hungry for flags, and Dees wanna break the drought.

Collingwood vs West Coast: Finals rivals, first time we meet in the big dance. They played well in the QF and took it up to us. Their speed worries me, and I'd absolutely HATE losing to them in a granny, but would love winning. We have a bad history of losing in gfs to teams we beat in qfs. Still will be huge.

The positive is that any of the 4 will be quite interesting and make for an enjoyable grand final day as a neutral.
Really pulling for Richmond vs Melbourne. Would be heavily invested for the Dees.
Worst case scenario is arguably the favourite (Tigers vs WC). Has potential to be a fierce, free flowing game which would be nice, but cannot stand West Coast and not super keen on seeing the Tigers go back to back so a decent game is all I could barrack for.

For a neutral i feel like any GF that doesn't include West Coast will be huge

Which do you think will be closest? Guess obviously next week will tell us more, but I'm thinking maybe Collingwood or Melbourne have a better chance than us unfortunately.

Richmond v Melbourne.

Chaos v Chaos, and Gawn/Oliver/Viney/Brayshaw/Harmes/Jones v Nankervis/Cotchin/Martin/Edwards/Prestia/Lambert. Would be a spectacle.

That being said, if we were to make it, I’d obviously rather play Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond v Melbourne.

Chaos v Chaos, and Gawn/Oliver/Viney/Brayshaw/Harmes/Jones v Nankervis/Cotchin/Martin/Edwards/Prestia/Lambert. Would be a spectacle.

That being said, if we were to make it, I’d obviously rather play Collingwood.

Yeah if Melbourne are the real deal both would be amazing. One consolation if we lose next week. Be barracking hard for the Dees if we do.

The positive is that any of the 4 will be quite interesting and make for an enjoyable grand final day as a neutral.
Really pulling for Richmond vs Melbourne. Would be heavily invested for the Dees.
Worst case scenario is arguably the favourite (Tigers vs WC). Has potential to be a fierce, free flowing game which would be nice, but cannot stand West Coast and not super keen on seeing the Tigers go back to back so a decent game is all I could barrack for.
Those games where you hate both teams - i barrack for whoevers losing

Back