Preferred Grand Final Matchup?

Which matchup would you prefer as a neutral?

• Richmond vs Melbourne

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Richmond vs West Coast

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Collingwood vs Melbourne

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • Collingwood vs West Coast

Votes: 40 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond vs Melbourne = epic grand final? Sound's like a lot of people are bought into the media Melbourne hype.

If only Eagles didn't have their outs it would have made a good grand final vs Richmond.

I'd be happy with anyone, as any team that makes it deserves their chance.

But also Melbourne v Tigers. Just because of the interest it would generate.

Also, 3/4 of the city of Melbourne (and possibly other fans around the country) would jump on the Dee's bandwagon as they did with dogs and us.

With all that momentum and support, you know there will be lots of crying fans in the stands if Melbourne lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you haven't played at the MCG?

:rolleyes:
You didn’t get my post did you? Of course we’ve played at the g, however so far we’ve played 2 co tenants so effectively a neutral venue. If Melbourne win and we win it will be 3 finals with nil home ground advantage after finishing 2 games clear on top.
Please let me know when any other side has had that happen to them. Just pointing out that sometimes you get an advantage and sometimes you don’t, you don’t hear us complaining about it though unlike certain other supporters...

I feel like West Coast will be no match for Rich or Coll at the MCG in a grand final. So from a viewing point of you Rich vs Melb will be great.

Personal preference is West Coast to win it. Don't want Coll in the gf...will be ruined by umps blowing their whistles.

I don't care who is in it so long as Melbourne win it. So Melbourne Vs I don't care. I hate FIGJAM, I don't like West Australian's, and I can't stand Richmond supporters. Melbourne it is.

Richmond vs Melbourne would be a blinder from a neutral standpoint. Too bad the Dees have to get past us first.

Adelaide beat Richmond in the H&A last year and were undefeated in 3 games at the G, 2 wins and a draw, so the Eagles doing the same means nothing.

Agree we'd definitely go in as underdogs. I mean Cats beat Dees twice (albeit just), Hawks beat Dees, Swans beat Giants and Giants beat Pies in the home and away season and the results were all reversed in finals. Hoping the trend doesn't continue if we face the Tigers (though hope it continues for one more week lol).

Richmond vs Melbourne would be a blinder from a neutral standpoint. Too bad the Dees have to get past us first.

Yeah would've loved a West Coast vs Melbourne granny. At least if we lost Melbourne can celebrate the end of a 52 year drought. Would be nice for their supporters to taste some success.

I called Melbourne vs West Coast in the granny quite early in the season as more of a wishful thinking exercise than anything. Just two completely different, unexpected teams. Cool that they made it to a prelim against one another.
If someone could guarantee me an entertaining game i'll happily take Richmond vs West Coast though.

Richmond vs Melbourne = epic grand final? Sound's like a lot of people are bought into the media Melbourne hype.

If only Eagles didn't have their outs it would have made a good grand final vs Richmond.
Don't understand it really. Dees will give a less competitive match against Richmond then us. There best Key Forward is out in Hogan.

Done well against weaker defenses in GWS and Geelong but Rance will tear through Dees key forwards. Midfield will go Richmonds way. And Richmond have more firepower. Will be a Richmond premiership by a big margin if it were to happen.

At least we have the firepower in Kennedy and Darling. Will match there forwards as we have great defence in Gov and Barrass Hurn.

Midfield is our only weakness but if we break even on game day will provide a much more close GF. I think we can beat them if our mids handle it.

Richmond vs Dees would be s**t.

In saying that if Collingwood made it vs Dees then that would be just about even. Both teams have no key forwards. Will be actually a pretty entertaining Grand final from a natural perspective.

Id rate it as
1. Collingwood vs Eagles
2.Richmond vs Eagles
3. Collingwood vs Dees
4. Richmond vs Dees would be a boring flogfest.

Let's hope the celebrations next week are focused south of Victoria St.

And the following week west of Victoria - way west.

Ironically enough most hipster yuppie residents in both suburbs probably don't follow afl.

Back