Current Pregnant woman stabbed six times in home invasion - 14yo arrested - Another Peter Dupas?

Remove this Banner Ad

The condition of her unborn child is not known.

Neighbours rushed to help a heavily pregnant woman who was stabbed six times by a teenage boy during a violent home invasion in Sydney's north last night.

The attack began when the victim, aged 33, disturbed an intruder inside her Mt Colah home on Gloria Close about 8.50pm.

She managed to alert her neighbours, leaving a trail of blood on the footpath.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...olah-stabbing-boy-arrested-woman-hospitalised

Reminds me of Peter Dupas, who first came to attention after he stabbed a woman in her home when he was only a teenager.

Now is when the system needs to be at its best. I agree there are some concerns around this young person. Sentence him for this crime on the basis of his actions then intense psychological supervision until he is 21

I just hope he doesnt fall through the system

Now is when the system needs to be at its best. I agree there are some concerns around this young person. Sentence him for this crime on the basis of his actions then intense psychological supervision until he is 21

I just hope he doesnt fall through the system

Agree. Needs close watch and reprogramming, if it's possible.

Peter Dupas went away to juvenile facilities as well and re-offended every time he was let out. It's mind blowing what he got away with before he was finally arrested for the last murders.

Juvenile detention centres don't rehabilitate offenders, they make them worse. Someone that stabs someone, who is pregnant, after breaking in can't be fixed. What if it were your Mum, Sister, Girlfriend or friend etc. Would you want this nut case let back on the street?

These places are just like Jail. People who commit these types of crimes only go on to become even more psycho and sinister.

Juvenile detention centres don't rehabilitate offenders, they make them worse. Someone that stabs someone, who is pregnant, after breaking in can't be fixed. What if it were your Mum, Sister, Girlfriend or friend etc. Would you want this nut case let back on the street?

Still developing at that age, I'm not sure behavior is hardwired. What should we do?

Still developing at that age, I'm not sure behavior is hardwired. What should we do?
For murderers, they've already murdered someone. Do we take the risk that they'll murder again (and again) or do we lock them away forever? I dunno but I'd rather them be 'over-punished' than us be punished again.

Bottom line, as sprockets already mentioned, I'd rather see them over punished than even risk them re-offending after being let out. I wouldn't let them out ever again. Once, is too much.

There are no if's and but's, they are just a psychopath plain and simple. We can have a debate about why they did it or what led them to do it. There can be a million reasons, or there could be just one. They're crazy. Personally people like that, youth or not, they know better. A five year old knows not to stab someone, so a 14 year old is well aware. Again if they aren't aware it means they're bat s**t crazy. You can't have people like that on the street.

They could be off their meds and have a mental illness, be on crack at the time and abused as a child. Harsh upbringing, tough set of circumstances no question. But They still committed the offence. You have to put yourself in the situation of the what if it happened to your daughter or son etc. If this person has offended, went to a juvenile detention or jail etc, came out and did it again. What would you say and how would you feel? Or if it had already happened. You wouldn't want that person let out for a variety of reasons.

How would you feel living next door to someone who had committed a crime of this nature?

You have to put yourself in the situation of the what if it happened to your daughter or son etc.
Ask Ray Hadley his thoughts on people using depression/mental illness as an excuse for criminal activity. So to flip your response ( and it is fair to do so ) what if it is your son or daughter accused?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back