Prelim - Changes / Discussion v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about Answerth but what he did do was make the Melbourne runners accountable and we were able to hold them up more once the sting went out of them.

Cal hasn't been the same since Cripps knocked him out but he's fantastic defensively and he'll get better.
Yes to be fair I was at the game and would need to watch the replay. Bit of a blur of nerves! But the balance was pretty good after the first 20 minutes so i'd be happy with no changes.

I hope the lions fight the Berry charge to the end. No way it was 'intentional' its really hard to see what you doing when attacked and with a wrist and elbow across your face.
We should just use that little clip of Cotchin/Selwood (can't reember who it was) getting off when they "eye gouged". Wasn't even cited.

Absolute f**king joke that Harmes almost decapitates a Sydney player and free to play and Berry gets his neck shoved into the ground and get a week.
I hope the lions fight the Berry charge to the end. No way it was 'intentional' its really hard to see what you doing when attacked and with a wrist and elbow across your face.

I didn't think there was much in it. Assuming the 1 match doesn't get over-turned though, who comes in for Berry?
Most likely it would be Mathieson.

Fort was horrible in the first half and ok in the second. Easiest selection decision in a long time to bring Oscar back in

The whole team was struggling in first half and hanging in there. Not just limited to Fort.

Oscar has been out for 2 weeks and coming back from concussion. After seeing how Ah Chee is going in terms of concussion recovery, I'm not that excited about bringing Oscar in cold for a prelim. Hope Fort holds his place next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole team was struggling in first half and hanging in there. Not just limited to Fort.

Oscar has been out for 2 weeks and coming back from concussion. After seeing how Ah Chee is going in terms of concussion recovery, I'm not that excited about bringing Oscar in cold for a prelim. Hope Fort holds his place next week.
Who knows but we've had Adams concussed and hasn't come back , Ah Chee knocked out and just isn't the same player even though he's trying hard and having good moments , I'm a bit worried about rushing Oscar back in as if he's just going to keep going where he left off.

Had a brief look at the Geelong board.Was already up to 23 pages.The consensus was that Geelong is 10 times the side we are and should win by 10 goals

In: McInerney, Daniher, Prior, Lester
Out: Fullerton, Payne, Answerth, Fort

If Berry misses, replace with Mathieson

Payne was diabolical in contested, pressure situations last night. He is so lacklustre, lacking in physicality and makes such poor decisions in a tight spot.
If Andrew’s goes to Hawkins and Gardiner to Cameron, Payne doesn’t really match up on anyone. Given his lack of physical intensity, you couldn’t play him on Hawkins or Cameron, because they would butcher him, as would Gary Rohan. Ryan Lester would be a far better defensive prospect because of his versatility. We could also play McStay as a defender and go in with the two talls in the forward line.

Check out some of Payne’s work in these highlights at 0:42, 1:03, 1:40 and 1:55

payne took the most marks on the ground and bit off an absolutely awesome kick in the second where mcstay dropped a sitter but recovered to make the play work

just needs to learn to punch the ball a bit 'arder

im a big fan of his work so far in finals

Can't see a match-up for Lester against the Cats. We'll need Payne due to his size and I feel like that defensive combo started gelling a little better as the game went on last night.

I like the idea of two rucks against the Cats but it feels too top-heavy.

In: McInerney, Daniher, Prior, Lester
Out: Fullerton, Payne, Answerth, Fort

If Berry misses, replace with Mathieson

Payne was diabolical in contested, pressure situations last night. He is so lacklustre, lacking in physicality and makes such poor decisions in a tight spot.
If Andrew’s goes to Hawkins and Gardiner to Cameron, Payne doesn’t really match up on anyone. Given his lack of physical intensity, you couldn’t play him on Hawkins or Cameron, because they would butcher him, as would Gary Rohan. Ryan Lester would be a far better defensive prospect because of his versatility. We could also play McStay as a defender and go in with the two talls in the forward line.

Check out some of Payne’s work in these highlights at 0:42, 1:03, 1:40 and 1:55

Payne played on and soundly beat Rohan in 2020 final, from memory…

Cameron is definitely the one we're going to struggle to account for, but as someone else said, if you rock the confidence of the team, it can affect his accuracy. I'd leave the backline and focus on shutting down the forward entries, which I think the lineup from this week is ideal for. Also down back, I wouldn't mind seeing Andrews do the ruck work on Hawkins - we know he doesn't leap and tap, and Andrews has the strength to lock him up.

If Big O is anything less than 110% I think Fort should stay. Once he blew the cobwebs away he did a stellar job.

Being optimistic, I have a question - do the Gabba put anything on to watch the Granny at the stadium or anything like that?

Oh, finally score - Lions by 5 with Bailey kicking the winner after the siren

Written off by everyone already. Preview I saw this morning by News Corp had cats by 5+ goals. Got everyone right where we want ‘em. Pressure is all on the Cats again. Might be the pensioners last shot at a flag for a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back