Unofficial Preview Prelim discussion v Demons/Blues / Gunston watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the side I preferred to play in prelim, they will put up a fight no doubt at times like Port did last week but we will punish them on turnovers if they play like last night. Some funny posts on their board though that they “do not fear us”, win two finals and cockiness creeping in already!

Feeling pretty confident after tonight
To me this is our only threat: if our guys get ahead of themselves. To be honest, after the way we played last Saturday we could hardly blame the guys. So another big test for the club in terms of our maturity.

It will be up to our leaders and coaches to get ahead of that game and prepare with good energy and thorough opposition planning, which needs to start with the very next session we have (which I believe is today). We can't afford to get lured into the mindset we had when we played Port, Hawthorn and Gold Coast during the home and away season.

You don't make a Preliminary Final solely by chance. Carlton are a good team and we need to pay them full respect. But as long as we prepare well during the week and on game day, physically and mentally, we should be good enough to get the job done.

Last edited:
The BOM has Thursday at 34degrees and Sunny. Would've been handy a few days later.
Yeah I don't know if it would be that great to be honest. Obviously it should aid us getting over the top of Carlton. But I'm not sure it would be great preparation for a Grand Final should we be good enough to win.

Current forecast is 26 for Saturday with 40% chance of rain, at this stage, with the probability being more than 5% from 9pm Friday onwards (can't see beyond 6am Saturday currently).

I'm a Lion for the rest of the season now.

Go hard.
Thankyou 🙂 Tough loss to stomach last night I'm sure. We've lost a couple of finals where our kicking for goal hasn't been up to par, but not to that extent and definitely not back to back.

You did everything right this year to address your fitness issues late in games last year, but then this one reared its ugly head. Frustrating to be a supporter no doubt!

Definitely the side I preferred to play in prelim, they will put up a fight no doubt at times like Port did last week but we will punish them on turnovers if they play like last night. Some funny posts on their board though that they “do not fear us”, win two finals and cockiness creeping in already!
Yeah, people who say Carlton winning is good for footy don’t remember what their fans are like when their team is going well

Yeah, people who say Carlton winning is good for footy don’t remember what their fans are like when their team is going well

After seeing like 12 threads pop up overnight, I am scared.

Get it done Brisbane.

Two narratives pretty clear around this game already. The potential Pies/Blues GF at the end of it & Voss returning as coach of the Blues against his old team.

Wont be a thing mentioned about us again this week. Hopefully we use this all as motivation to stick it right up ‘em.
Thats a good thing for us I think, just go about our business

Admittedly Charlie played a full game without his front teeth and a chux in his shorts to mop up the blood.

I've had a massive front on collision recently (two cheek bone fractures) and zero concussion. Not even a mild headache.

Doctor's said front on are not always concussion, especially if you don't have the whiplash type head movement from under the chin.

Side of the head very different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me this is our only threat: if our guys get ahead of themselves. To be honest, after the way we played last Saturday we could hardly blame the guys. So another big test for the club in terms of our maturity.

It will be up to our leaders and coaches to get ahead of that game and prepare with good energy and thorough opposition planning, which needs to start with the very next session we have (which I believe is today). We can't afford to get lured into the mindset we had when we played Port, Hawthorn and Gold Coast during the home and away season.

You don't make a Preliminary Final solely by chance. Carlton are a good team and we need to pay them full respect. But as long as we prepare well during the week and on game day, physically and mentally, we should be good enough to get the job done.

If they are feeling cocky they just have to watch Last night's game and think about the opposition's pathway to prelim.

We are playing Carlton because favorites lost.

Think they'll be fine.

Please don't be Friday night, I'm working then.
i believe it will be Saturday twilight, to allow the interstate team to fly home after the game to prepare for the GF...but we know blues wont make it;) The Minor Premiers play Friday night and the potential extra days break before the 'big dance'

lots of battered and sore players in that carlton team. we are simply a better side playing on our home deck with fresh legs. if this team is serious we will dispatch of them rather easily. if we balls up a shot at a grand final here i will be ropeable. no excuses now

Will this game be worked around the Broncs' home prelim on the same day? Surely they wouldn't put them on at the same time, that would be silly.

I'm confident we should win this comfortably purely because we are impossible to beat at home, are fresh and not as beaten up as Carlton BUT I respect their team, they are really good. Do they have one more effort in them?

I've had a massive front on collision recently (two cheek bone fractures) and zero concussion. Not even a mild headache.

Doctor's said front on are not always concussion, especially if you don't have the whiplash type head movement from under the chin.

Side of the head very different story.
Wow that’s s**t. I hope the recovery goes well.

I should have been more clear - i was more comparing the blood rule concern of Cripps playing the game out with a blood nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back