Unofficial Preview Prelim discussion v Demons/Blues / Gunston watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck guys, hope you go on win the whole thing. Would be great for Chris Fagan too considering what he has been through this year.

And Elixuh, you we right.

Y’all will be back up there next year stronger than ever. You’re a lions fan now for the next few weeks Jib. Welcome to the gunston club.

There was some pretty rubbish disposal from Carlton last night across their half back line. A few diabolical switches. If we get those kind of opportunities on turnover our forward line won't make mistakes like Melbourne's did.

However I expect it to be a pretty low scoring affair. Carlton will flood back hard to try and clog up our forward space and hope we make mistakes where they can counter quickly. We probably need to get on top specifically in center clearances, as it will be the best chance for us to score quickly against their defence.

Looking to the Big O to backup his game against the Port ruckman and give Pittonet and Dekoning a bath.

In essence, Carlton has played two teams with no forward line and has been lucky to win both games. Last night especially, Dees should have won by 20.

We just need to play our brand and we will roll them.

Oh and if they play Acres and Doc injured, those shoulders are fair game.

There’s no easy prelims but I reckon the Blues are pretty banged up and you won’t get a better opportunity than this. Don’t stuff it up by selecting that campaigner Gunston - the game has gone past him.

Reported, enjoy your ban

Melbourne's form and sloppiness makes you wonder how good Collingwood are..

Carlton has managed to win 2 games they were entitled to lose given the run of play and Melbourne lost 2.

Have to admit what's staring us in the face , we're in with a big chance this year.

Carlton have to come down from the euphoria , travel , patch up probably half a dozen players and get to a level they haven't reached yet in consistency and execution.

It really is up to us. Play to our capacity and we win.

I’ve already resigned myself to the fact that the umpiring will be so one sided to Carlton next week particularly if Collingwood has already advanced to the GF such will be the VFL’s desire for a Pies v Blues GF.

Couldn’t be anymore surer of that; get set for a 22v18 contest.

Not too worried about Carlton, much rather play them than Melbourne. If we can contain Curnow then the rest of their forward line looks very meh. The midfield battle will be good but our forward line is significantly more potent than theirs.

Sorry to intrude. This is your best chance for a Flag guys. Carlton absolutely should not have won that game and you guys have a star studded forward line.
Plus, they will be sore. You should win this by 10 goals, then it’s anyones game in tge grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that’s s**t. I hope the recovery goes well.

I should have been more clear - i was more comparing the blood rule concern of Cripps playing the game out with a blood nose.

Thank you, healing well (arm broken in two places as well).

Who knew that trail running was a blood sport?

Thank you, healing well (arm broken in two places as well).

Who knew that trail running was a blood sport?
Hopefully your arm heals completely and you can be back trail running again soon.

Nearly broke my leg on Thursday also from running into a small hole, luckily just came away with deep grazes and cuts on the leg and hamstring but definitely dodged a bullet with that.

hungry homer simpson GIF

Good luck next week. Very interested in Gunston watch, I am assuming he definitely doesn't play though. An unchanged 23 is an intimidating prospect. If Gunston doesn't play, I am hoping our match committee bring Fisher in for Marchbank, who can give us more rebound out of defence. McKay and Martin should fix up our forward structure a lot more this week. Doc & Acres banged up but they keep delivering... Not sure if they do hit the wall at some stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back