Unofficial Preview Prelim discussion v Demons/Blues / Gunston watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look if the umps do favour Carlton, we had plenty of practice at that against Port. That was some...interesting...one way traffic to say the least.

I think the umpiring in the Port game is just a reflection of the umps getting together pregame and talking about decision making and crowd noise which then unintentionally biases their decision making towards the away team.

Pretty funny reading Pies fans crying about potentially playing on a Saturday.

Don’t think the Lions would mind either day.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a dream matchup for us?

Melbourne scared me a bit, but I don’t really see carlton posing too many problems for us.

The occasion of a prelim can be a massive hurdle, but given where they’ve come from too and the venue, that mental hurdle for us is so much less now and against a side with no wood over us.

If we play anywhere near our best we should win.

I've reached part of last night's game.

Carlton shall henceforth be known as the Bradburies.

Totally deserved the win because they didn't give up and were able to capitalize on the other teams mistakes.

We however, are not the nameless ones who fell over in their panic for the medal.

We are mature, determined with eyes clearly focused on the process. The results shall naturally drive from that attitude.

Bradburies 62, lions 105.

Ps I think Bradbury was a magnificent athlete who remained at the top level for over 16 years. Bradbury is not an insult for me, is a combination of attitude and luck. Bradburies we're lucky lucky last night..

Good luck next week. Very interested in Gunston watch, I am assuming he definitely doesn't play though. An unchanged 23 is an intimidating prospect. If Gunston doesn't play, I am hoping our match committee bring Fisher in for Marchbank, who can give us more rebound out of defence. McKay and Martin should fix up our forward structure a lot more this week. Doc & Acres banged up but they keep delivering... Not sure if they do hit the wall at some stage.

If we played Melbourne it would be more likely we play Gunston IMO, extra tall to get around May/Lever (worked well at the MCG). Against Carlton not sure we do, only really have to get around Weitering; and can do damage with our smalls as we have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F6Hn915akAA0E_g

Excuse Me What GIF

Oh sht they've figured us out

Yeah I would say so because there’s no clash. At worst we wear white shorts.
Not that it ultimately matters, winning the flag is the most important thing but personally I would prefer us in Maroon than red on grand final day. Surely the AFL would allow us to wear our full home kit.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth (and i have satdy flights booked) i’ve been told Saturday twilight regardless of tonight, locked in. Comes from a very good source

Two narratives pretty clear around this game already. The potential Pies/Blues GF at the end of it & Voss returning as coach of the Blues against his old team.

Wont be a thing mentioned about us again this week. Hopefully we use this all as motivation to stick it right up ‘em.
I actually don't mind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back