Game Day Prelim Final vs Port Melbourne @ Adcon Stadium Port Melbourne 2.10 14/9/19 - Live On 7

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello, I would like to buy my ticket on the Richmond VFL train :)
Piss off to the pub and drown your sorrows with all your Port mates
rofl2.gif

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Well done Tiges. Good luck in the big one!

(Seems odd this was played at Port ? Who cares I guess win anywhere mentality but would have been great $ for the Club)

One down, One to go.

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Based on today the only bloke you would elevate was Ross. The rest were in and out of the game with bursts of good and patches of nothing.

You wouldn't bring in Menadue for Ellis?

I didn't see the game but 3 goals and 26 touches seems a hell of a performance in a prelim. Menadue was always flagged as a winger too, though seems to be doing his best work in the guts recently.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Even though he didn't bust out today, you could see the ceiling of RCD. Already so strong in the contest, but with the traits to break away.

Looks to be developing well.
needs 1-2 years in the system and a bit more strength and a bigger tank but agree the signs are there and its going to be very exciting
Balta
RCD
CCJ
Chol
Naish
Turner
Ross
Stack
Bolton

There is alot of X-factor and speed in this mix of players

Ilovemeagan

Senior List
Mar 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty good win on there home deck, Strong first n last quarter, RCD , Menadue, Eggy , Weller, pickett my best on for the day was disappointed with Ross, Balta, turner, English, Townsend.
Looks like Jake Arts might miss the granny too after a big hip n shoulder witch left opponent concussed.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
You wouldn't bring in Menadue for Ellis?

I didn't see the game but 3 goals and 26 touches seems a hell of a performance in a prelim. Menadue was always flagged as a winger too, though seems to be doing his best work in the guts recently.
No Madison bc he’s a proven failure at the level. He would be too much of a risk for me. He’s a slight upgrade on The Silky Butterfly and soft as butter.
I prefer Ross who hits the packs hard and wins his own ball.

Last edited:

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
No Madison bc he’s a proven failure at the level. He would be too much of a risk for me. He’s a slight upgrade on The Silky Butterfly and soft as butter.
I prefer Ross who hits the picks hard and wins his own ball.

IIRC he played a really good game in the seniors this season when we were struggling with injuries and he got to actually play in the middle. Seems that every other time he gets played on a flank or something. I'm with you that he hasn't shown enough in general at AFL level but he's only 22, showing great VFL form this year and usually played out of position at AFL.

Also agree on Ross, he's a keeper. Such a shame he got injured when he did cos he would no doubt be cemented in our 22 if not.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta showed signs for the future today
Was huge in the last Q the most influential player imo when the hame was in the balance he really stood up. I particularly liked the way he was launching for marks and ruck contest. That hanger he nearly pulled down in the goal square -,freakish. Then of course his trademark aggression at the ball at ground level.

Needs to ditch the Mo though

Last edited:
Back