Game Day Prelim Final vs Port Melbourne @ Adcon Stadium Port Melbourne 2.10 14/9/19 - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t ground

all the finals should be at the appropriate teams home ground then the gf should be at the g

Sort of agree with that but also like the tradition going back to the VFA days.
It was a big big advantage yesterday though for the lower ranked team to play at their home ground when there’s other neutral venues that were available.

It would be a ballsy call and definitely worth thinking about when you consider the Ellis track record in finals. Pickett's ball use is terrific, decisions quick, just not sure he has what is required to go with say a Guthrie type. I'd probably play Egg before Pickett this week. But, Pickett's silk could be important at different times in the game.
As much as Derek has come on in leaps and bounds, he is still a bit 'new' and not always composed, next season. Pickett is the opposite, reckon he is made for the big stage, although it would be a big jump to come into a Prelim.

Your description tells me Gold Coast is the go for him as I’m not interested in good vfl players, but more in blokes who can rise to the next level.
I was lenient on him for two seasons , but he hasn’t progressed so you can’t hang onto these guys forever as eventually you get swallowed up by better players. Also just as many fast players die in the afl system as slow ones. The system needs both, but you need other attributes as well.
Well I reckon he has the attributes, but I'm not sure how crazy brave he is, which is a very necessary attribute. I think that is the main attribute he is missing, but that might come with a bit more size and confidence.

Well done Tiges. Good luck in the big one!

(Seems odd this was played at Port ? Who cares I guess win anywhere mentality but would have been great $ for the Club)

One down, One to go.
I have it on good authority that Chris Scott is very disappointed that the VFL Tigers had to travel to Port Melbourne to play this final. He is quite relieved though that the boys got the job done

Even though he didn't bust out today, you could see the ceiling of RCD. Already so strong in the contest, but with the traits to break away.

Looks to be developing well.
He did have a few good moments was surprised he didn’t have more of it , still looks like an under ager playing senior footy , hope to see improvement following another pre season

So who is every body wanting to win today

Williamstown or Essendon ?
Who is a harder opponent for Richmond in the GF

I:p'm hoping Willie gets up;)

Williamstown will smoke the bombers. They are s**t

Menadue dominates the VFL. completely freezes up on the big stage.
Disagree he's still learning

in the 2s he's a ball hunter and playmaker in the 1s he gets a job as a shut down/role player, so his possession output and direct impact on games is halved. good size, good pace, he's a beautiful mover and user.

first in line for the brando role if he can have a big preseason.

With Menadue i think he just needs to add 8 -10kgs of muscle and just get stronger and gain confidence in his physical strength to know he is a beast and a beast with speed , Then get him to watch some mixed mma fights and a couple of super hero movies

Turn him into a beast .

even though essendon has AFL listed players i think williamstown will put up a bigger fight in a grand final imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't really watched too much VFL this year, but my thoughts:

- Port didn't allow us to get the ball to the outside until the last quarter. I don't think I saw any switches from our back half. It's probably why Naish and Turner had relatively quiet games. Ypu look at the senior side and Baker, Houli, Short and Vlastuin are creative enough to generate quality movement from the back half. As good as DES was yesterday (especially defensively), this is a step he'll have to make imo.
- the above is why our talls really failed to fire until Q4. Our I50 entries were relatively poor, as we went long down the line in most cases.
- Menadue was clear BoG. His last month or so deserves to see him in the seniors. In saying that, TI's arguements are valid. I'd also add that his best position seems to be half forward pushing into the midfield. We don't really play that type of player at this juncture.
- impressed by RCD yet again. Can tell that he is coming from
A bit further back than most draftees, having not played as much top flight junior footy. A few pre-seasons to add 6-7kg of muscle and a bigger tank will see thia guy blossom into a star. Way out of turn but some plays he reminded my of Dangerfield.
- Liked CCJs game. Got to the Ball in the aerial contest and helped bring it ground. Which considering how often we Went long down the line was pleasing. Would love to see him put on a few kg's (even though he is listed at 100kg) as he seemingly gets pushed around in ruck stoppages.
- Balta is so close to breaking out. I'm going against the grain and say I'd love to see him as the #1 ruck. Reckon he could be Grundy/ Nic Nat like. Was massive in the second half.
- Ross seemed to Be playing a Prestia role and often was one handball from the stoppage which is a role which seems suits him. Again was big in second half. Composed with the ball.
- liked Picketts game. Not ready for AFL yet, and not sure if he is as explosive as he is made out to be, but tries to create with every possession.
- I like English, but still not sure on what his role is even at VFL level, let alone AFL. Would love to know people's thoughts on this.

All in all a very professional win and am looking nice forward to the Grand final.

in the 2s he's a ball hunter and playmaker in the 1s he gets a job as a shut down/role player, so his possession output and direct impact on games is halved. good size, good pace, he's a beautiful mover and user.

I reckon he would but he also may see more chances elsewhere

Well said and spot on. Will be a decent player from next season if he takes Ellis spot, assuming the latter leaves

So who is every body wanting to win today

Williamstown or Essendon ?
Who is a harder opponent for Richmond in the GF

I:p'm hoping Willie gets up;)
Willie could beat us with that seasoned midfield and powerhouse ruckman they have. We better add some pacy midfielders in as they could easily expose our kids.
Morris will need to go to Ebinger and maybe Egg on Myers as they’re both dangerous goalscoring forwards.
Hopefully Mellington gets rubbed out , but unlikely as he’s a nasty hard nosed footballer. I would put Pickett on him.
Essendon would have been an easier option for me as they had a longer run with no rest.

Menadue’s 2s form has been excellent for a number of years now. It’s when he’s gone to the next level he’s been found wanting.

I think it’ll be best 22 going forward rather than pencilling players in for positions such as the wing.

This year we’ve seen Caddy slot into the wing, Baker going back, and Stacky going forward.

Players need to take their opportunities when given the opportunity and Menadue is still yet to do that

With Menadue i think he just needs to add 8 -10kgs of muscle and just get stronger and gain confidence in his physical strength to know he is a beast and a beast with speed , Then get him to watch some mixed mma fights and a couple of super hero movies

Turn him into a beast .

even though essendon has AFL listed players i think williamstown will put up a bigger fight in a grand final imo
How hard is it to put on muscle in an AFL environment Gun? We’ve been saying he needs to do this for four years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back