Game Day Prelim Final vs Port Melbourne @ Adcon Stadium Port Melbourne 2.10 14/9/19 - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

A clear BOG was Menadue and hopefully he can hold onto his form of the last 3 games for one more game!! And for 4 solid 'roll' playing Qtrs that held us together? ?????? Beasley Garth Morro!!! were rock solid THE ENTIRE GAME! Once again the backs get 'screwed over' if one or two mistakes happen while half the side run around for half a game and do nothing, behind opponents chasing, but give away free kicks that come straight back at the 6 defenders!! Then get, or are involved in a few late goals and the talk on here is about who ''can'' make it or can go up if needed. ''AMAZING''

Could get more than a week. The VFL game today they said O'Sullivan has multiple facial fractures.
Gee that’s no good for o Sullivan , too bad for aartsy, he came thundering through at 💯 mph was pretty reckless when he made contact , could get 3-4 given medical report

How hard is it to put on muscle in an AFL environment Gun? We’ve been saying he needs to do this for four years now.
He's put on 11kg since he was drafted, hence him having a better ability to now win his own footy in contests, the good thing is that he has kept his speed that also allows him to break away from congestion.

He's put on 11kg since he was drafted, hence him having a better ability to now win his own footy in contests, the good thing is that he has kept his speed that also allows him to break away from congestion.

RCD?

He looked so much more balanced as an athlete then we he arrived.

Was impressed, he will be a better player than Ross & I think Ross is a beauty.

RCD?

He looked so much more balanced as an athlete then we he arrived.

Was impressed, he will be a better player than Ross & I think Ross is a beauty.
Speaking about Connor.

I hope Silvestro comes in next week as we need a bit more pace around the ball. Aarts apparently sent the Port player to hospital with a smashed cheekbone and heavy concussion so it looks like he’s done.
If the seniors make it to the GF i'm pretty sure at least 2 of the contenders will be rested.Think thats what happened in 17.So there could be 3 changes.

He did have a few good moments was surprised he didn’t have more of it , still looks like an under ager playing senior footy , hope to see improvement following another pre season
Have my doubts he'll make it.Very vanilla player if you ask me.

If he's put on 11kgs of muscle then he must have been anorexic when he arrived.
Was 69kg when drafted, listed at 80kg to start the season, maybe 82kg now. Not all muscle but the added weight/strength help him to be able to compete inside the contest more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did people think of Chols game

Looked like an incredible athelete not combining it with football ability yesterday

some of his leaps at center bounces where huge but nowhere the ball

Impressed by Port support though. Really got loud in that second quarter and gave a big collective roar after Gary Ayres 'win one for the gipper' speech at 3/4 time.

Well done Tiges. Good luck in the big one!

(Seems odd this was played at Port ? Who cares I guess win anywhere mentality but would have been great $ for the Club)

One down, One to go.

Pretty sure finals are played there because port melbourne being a stand alone club wouldn't exist without that extra cash every year. Just unlucky we got them in the prelim.

Yeah, but according to Gun he needs to put on another ten kegs. That’ll be 8years in the system at the rate he’s going. My Footy App has him at 79kg, but I think his weight is irrelevant and it’s more about his attack on the ball. He can’t win contested ball at AFL level as he’s too timid. I think it’s this that’s holding him back.I think his days maybe numbered at Punt Rd bc of what has arrived in this season alone.

Last edited:
Neil Mitchell is now involved in the Jake Aarts suspension

Neil Mitchell is now involved in the Jake Aarts suspension

Commentator "after" the incident and replay. "Aarts doing his absolute best to bring the ball to the groung to create a contest"
With my tiger hat on i thought it was reckless but no malice or intent.
He'll get a week or two, but I hope he's not hung out to dry and portrayed as a footy thug.

Commentator "after" the incident and replay. "Aarts doing his absolute best to bring the ball to the groung to create a contest"
He'll get a week or two, but I hope he's not hung out to dry and portrayed as a footy thug.
Deserves a suspension definitely but looked accidental. isn't Neil Mitchell a Geelong supporter?

He was making him earn it the old fashioned way. Was late so it is worthy of a suspension given the damage, but he didn't raise an arm or elbow or even tuck himself in a ball to hurt him, looked like chest/shoulder. There was no malice as you suggest, a bit unlucky to cop the facial injuries, because you see that sort of hit go on regularly without any real damage.

Sorry guys it was a late and reckless hit and cringe worthy at the time.
Mitchell is right on this one as I would hate it to happen to any of our boys let alone other players. It also led to mallees and scuffles which could have heightened to injuries and suspensions of other players. It was a dogs act which he could have avoided.

Sorry guys it was a late and reckless hit and cringe worthy at the time.
Mitchell is right on this one as I would hate it to happen to any of our boys let alone other players. It also led to mallees and scuffles which could have heightened to injuries and suspensions of other players. It was a dogs act which he could have avoided.
Come off it TI.A dogs act?
Did he raise his elbow or connect with a fist?

Come off it TI.A dogs act?
Did he raise his elbow or connect with a fist?
He severely fractured his face and put him in hospital. The days of dog acts are over and the game is better for it.
Blokes are bigger stronger and faster than the bad old days and when you’re hit in a stationary position by an 85kg UFO damage will almost always be done. You remind me of the 60yo old Port fan who was sitting next to us and immaturely carrying on with “I want to see a fight today , I’d love to see a fight “ and when it happened he was calling Aarts a dog and so on and wanting blood. The game doesn’t need people like that as well as cowardly acts like Aarts. I want to see players like Balta and Chol strutting their football skills and not watching thugs hitting players in a defensive position. If you put today’s players with the same rules as 50years ago you would have multiple serious injuries on a weekly basis and that’s why the rules were changed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back