Game Day Prelim Final vs Port Melbourne @ Adcon Stadium Port Melbourne 2.10 14/9/19 - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Oleg TV.
Only saw highlights.
Moore is excellent.
Didn't see the Aarts incident you refer to.
Otherwise, he is brilliant.
Noticed a couple of weeks ago too.

Last edited:
Just saw the Aarts incident on 7VFL.
Personally, I would not call it malicious.
It was unfortunate, to be sure. Each to their own opinion.
It will be reviewed by the MRP and they will judge.
Trial by media is wrong.
The role of the MRP is to take the "heat" out of reflex opinions.
Would we claim Arts deliberately intended to smash a player's jaw?
I don't think so.
If I was the player's father I would not have discussed on 3AW.
What good does that serve?

Last edited:
Sorry guys it was a late and reckless hit and cringe worthy at the time.
Mitchell is right on this one as I would hate it to happen to any of our boys let alone other players. It also led to mallees and scuffles which could have heightened to injuries and suspensions of other players. It was a dogs act which he could have avoided.
Agree it was late and reckless, don't think he meant to hurt him like he did. What part of the body did he hit him with, could only see on the replay and live it might have been more obvious, but it looked like he led with his chest, certainly not arm or even a shoulder charge. So there was a bit of bad luck that he hit him in the face, because it didn't looks like it. Of course it could have been avoided, and it was late.

Agree it was late and reckless, don't think he meant to hurt him like he did. What part of the body did he hit him with, could only see on the replay and live it might have been more obvious, but it looked like he led with his chest, certainly not arm or even a shoulder charge. So there was a bit of bad luck that he hit him in the face, because it didn't looks like it. Of course it could have been avoided, and it was late.
Their backs were facing us , but I reckon it was his shoulder.i was 25m down the line. Too hard to tell from where I was , but you could see he was lining him up and shutters were entering my mind as he was in motion.

He severely fractured his face and put him in hospital. The days of dog acts are over and the game is better for it.
Blokes are bigger stronger and faster than the bad old days and when you’re hit in a stationary position by an 85kg UFO damage will almost always be done. You remind me of the 60yo old Port fan who was sitting next to us and immaturely carrying on with “I want to see a fight today , I’d love to se a fight “ and when it happened he was calling Aarts a dog and so on and wanting blood. The game doesn’t need people like that as well as cowardly acts like Aarts. I want to see players like Balta and Chol strutting their football skills and not watching thugs hitting players in a defensive position. If you put today’s players with the same rules as 50years ago you would have multiple serious injuries on a weekly basis and that’s why the rules were changed.
Nothing cowardly about it at all.Aarts was always about the contest.Both lads were committed.

vJuiIpf.png

y6h62cs.png

Last edited:
Willie could beat us with that seasoned midfield and powerhouse ruckman they have. We better add some pacy midfielders in as they could easily expose our kids.
Morris will need to go to Ebinger and maybe Egg on Myers as they’re both dangerous goalscoring forwards.
Hopefully Mellington gets rubbed out , but unlikely as he’s a nasty hard nosed footballer. I would put Pickett on him.
Essendon would have been an easier option for me as they had a longer run with no rest.
Did mellington use to play with us ???
When we were aligned with coburg??

Did mellington use to play with us ???
When we were aligned with coburg??
Yes he was the last of the Coburg Tigers. Did the dirty on Coburg last season and went to Willy for more money. Hunt won the B and F in 2017 for Coburg and sooked it up mid last year bc he didn’t want to do the hard stuff, so we released him to North Heidelberg for $10k and he’s now at Willy. He’s a pea heart and he played like one yesterday. He’s the BART Simpson lookalike. Strangely enough his name is not up on the stats sheet listed above.

Yes he was the last of the Coburg Tigers. Did the dirty on Coburg last season and went to Willy for more money. Hunt won the B and F in 2017 for Coburg and sooked it up mid last year bc he didn’t want to do the hard stuff, so we released him to North Heidelberg for $10k and he’s now at Willy. He’s a pea heart and he played like one yesterday. He’s the BART Simpson lookalike. Strangely enough his name is not up on the stats sheet listed above.
Thought as much,, thanks for the info

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but according to Gun he needs to put on another ten kegs. That’ll be 8years in the system at the rate he’s going. My Footy App has him at 79kg, but I think his weight is irrelevant and it’s more about his attack on the ball. He can’t win contested ball at AFL level as he’s too timid. I think it’s this that’s holding him back.I think his days maybe numbered at Punt Rd bc of what has arrived in this season alone.
To be fair I think it's the position he is played in at AFL that gives the impression that he can't win contested footy. At VFL level where he is more involved in the play he has shown a good ability to win his fair share. As I've mentioned elsewhere he could be on the move, but if he does remain, I'd have him first in line for Ellis' wing

To be fair I think it's the position he is played in at AFL that gives the impression that he can't win contested footy. At VFL level where he is more involved in the play he has shown a good ability to win his fair share. As I've mentioned elsewhere he could be on the move, but if he does remain, I'd have him first in line for Ellis' wing
Big jump from vfl to afl. Also he’s in his fifth season now and he’s running out of time considering the players coming through the system. In the afl he’s played anywhere from HBF to wing to HF so he should be able to at least get of the leash, but instead he tends to suffer from getting involved.
He struggles to win uncontested possessions in AFL , so how is he going to win contested ones?
I think his days are numbered.

Big jump from vfl to afl. Also he’s in his fifth season now and he’s running out of time considering the players coming through the system. In the afl he’s played anywhere from HBF to wing to HF so he should be able to at least get of the leash, but instead he tends to suffer from getting involved.
He struggles to win uncontested possessions in AFL , so how is he going to win contested ones?
I think his days are numbered.
FWIW, this year Connor is ranked above averaged for contested possession rate, for a defender at AFL level, at just over 37% of his possessions being won in the contest. IMO, if given the opportunity of an extended run in the side on the wing, his game against Fremantle could be closer to the norm than the exception that it stands out as.

FWIW, this year Connor is ranked above averaged for contested possession rate, for a defender at AFL level, at just over 37% of his possessions being won in the contest. IMO, if given the opportunity of an extended run in the side on the wing, his game against Fremantle could be closer to the norm than the exception that it stands out as.
Lol he hardly touches it and why was he dropped then? Fremantle was his best game if I can recall. Stats mean nothing especially for Connor at AFL.
He’s played 39 games in five seasons and 16games was his best haul in 2016 😂 . He’s averaged just over 12 possessions a game in his career.
This year he’s played six games for a total of 14 possessions average, so even in his stellar season you’re attempting to tell me with stats , he’s still just above his average.In the six games he’s averaged zero or dildo contested marks and three uncontested ones per game which tells you he gets on his own. He gets monstered at AFL and suffers from stage fright. He’s like Corey Ellis as his stats drop off at the highest level.
No way does he play before Stack Ross Pickett or even Egg.

Lol he hardly touches it and why was he dropped then? Fremantle was his best game if I can recall. Stats mean nothing especially for Connor at AFL.
He’s played 39 games in five seasons and 16games was his best haul in 2016 😂 . He’s averaged just over 12 possessions a game in his career.
This year he’s played six games for a total of 14 possessions average, so even in his stellar season you’re attempting to tell me with stats , he’s still just above his average.In the six games he’s averaged zero or dildo contested marks and three uncontested ones per game which tells you he gets on his own. He gets monstered at AFL and suffers from stage fright. He’s like Corey Ellis as his stats drop off at the highest level.
No way does he play before Stack Ross Pickett or even Egg.
Not attempting to tell you anything.

I'm of the opinion that Connor won't be here next season, but I also won't be shocked to see him given another 12 months once Ellis' situation is resolved.

Finally, Stack is the only one of the group you named that I would play on the wing ahead of Menadue, but I don't believe he has the aerobic capacity to do cover the ground the way Connor would. Ross is an inside mid and Picketts best spot IMO has been when he is coming off HB similar with Egg.

The egg has really worked on the contested and defensive side of his game he’s almost unrecognisable from the purely outside player he was last year.

Someone at the club has done a lot of work with him on positioning his body in one on ones against small forwards. He’s really starting to look like s pretty decent small defender down the track

The egg has really worked on the contested and defensive side of his game he’s almost unrecognisable from the purely outside player he was last year.

Someone at the club has done a lot of work with him on positioning his body in one on ones against small forwards. He’s really starting to look like s pretty decent small defender down the track
Yes I agree CP he’s really improved his physical presence and his body has bulked up with a lot of gym work whilst still maintaining his pace.

Yes I agree CP he’s really improved his physical presence and his body has bulked up with a lot of gym work whilst still maintaining his pace.
It’s good to see a player being developed to play that small defenders role capable of closing down the oppositions best small forwards.
He’s had a good year TI don’t reckon he’s lowered his colours too often and is always excellent by foot

Not attempting to tell you anything.

I'm of the opinion that Connor won't be here next season, but I also won't be shocked to see him given another 12 months once Ellis' situation is resolved.

Finally, Stack is the only one of the group you named that I would play on the wing ahead of Menadue, but I don't believe he has the aerobic capacity to do cover the ground the way Connor would. Ross is an inside mid and Picketts best spot IMO has been when he is coming off HB similar with Egg.
So you’ve been constantly telling me he plays the wrong role in AFL and needs to be a more contested one , yet you want him to play Brando’s role?

It’s good to see a player being developed to play that small defenders role capable of closing down the oppositions best small forwards.
He’s had a good year TI don’t reckon he’s lowered his colours too often and is always excellent by foot
When discussing players that could walk into other sides with T4L on Sat Egg was one of them. Looks every bit an afl player .

Genuinely didn't know the result so read this thread from first to last post on the bus this morning to find out how we went.
I just want to say that it was actually like being at the game so well done to all and sundry, doomsdayers and brightsiders included.
I genuinely thought we were done early then felt the rise in hope as the goals started flowing late.
It was also the detailed descriptions of the crowd, umpiring and other misc. stuff that added to the experience.
:thumbsu:

So you’ve been constantly telling me he plays the wrong role in AFL and needs to be a more contested one , yet you want him to play Brando’s role?
Never said he needs to play a more contested role, may have said he needs to win more contested possessions, which he is now doing. I've always wanted to see Connor be given a shot at playing the wing as I believe it's his perfect position as he can use his best attributes, speed & endurance, to greater effect. At AFL level he has either been played across HB or HF, never as a winger. If he stays I'd like to see him given a shot in that spot for an extended period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back