raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
Due to the controversy surrounding the Preliminary Final on 16/9 and the SA Football Commission still deliberating at this time, this week's wrap will be delayed until a definitive outcome is reached and a statement released.

Thanks SA footy heads.

DnTYgLJVsAAP5we.jpg

North just need to place a few donation cans at the entry points and will be able to pay the fine in gold coins.
Any club would take that punishment if it meant having the chance for playing for a flag

DnTYgLJVsAAP5we.jpg

North just need to place a few donation cans at the entry points and will be able to pay the fine in gold coins.
Any club would take that punishment if it meant having the chance for playing for a flag
Kinda expect a crowd fund set up and the club makes money out of it.

Don't know how the Roosters got away with that one.
There's no rule for it but somehow you'd at least expect the 1 goal 2 behinds they kicked while they had 19 to be annulled, which would give the Eagles the win.

DnTYgLJVsAAP5we.jpg

If they wanted to officially make the league irrelevant they just did.

Surprised something about this was not on a main board.

Could a club sue for fraud given arguably they are not playing in a competitive league?

if the extra player is added through the interchange gate, then the official interchange steward can report it to the umpire (as per section 7 of the rules)

But if the extra player is out there from the start of the quarter, then the opposing captain can only address it, no umpire or official can raise it.

Makes sense. :poo:

Feel bad for Eagles but they should have played better.
What a joke. QC did the best he could with the archaic rules.
Go Norwood

So are you suggesting Norwood got through based on a technicality, because technically what they did was not illegal??

Lol, that is a joke!!!

Eagles could argue they were not playing in a fair competition based on the pub test!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the extra player is added through the interchange gate, then the official interchange steward can report it to the umpire (as per section 7 of the rules)

But if the extra player is out there from the start of the quarter, then the opposing captain can only address it, no umpire or official can raise it.

Makes sense. :poo:
Think it might be time to update the rule, the rule was written when there was one interchange a game surely now in this age of 90 interchanges and multiple players on the bench it should be up to someone on either teams bench to ask for the count of the emergency umpire or interchange steward

To say this is a farce is the under statement of the year. And where's the compo for the eagles.? Nothing. huh?
There was talk of replayng the last Qtr. What an absolute laughable circus that would've been.
Hey why not give the eagles a 19th player at the start for 4-5 mins to make it fair?!?

I had to draw the line at 5AA. The clowns caling up exclaiming such rubbish as "but the roosters had a run on anyway".
It scares me to no end how so many people do not understand basic concepts and rules.

This Grand Final is tainted already. Feel sorry for Norwood. And yes, I wanna see the roosters pounded into Oblivion.
Bitter much? Yes. And I'm not even an Eagles supporter. SANFL.....you weak.....#$&@&%!!!

Yep feel for the Eagles and their supporters.

The answer is simple...strip the points that were scored when hey had an extra player on... how is it not anymore obvious than that?

You have to wonder if the SANFL wanted North in the GF as it means 10/15k more people in attendance.

From a football sense, the correct decision was made - North were the better side and the Eagles coughing up an 8 goal lead should be blaming themselves.

From a moral or legal standpoint however ...

Will have to hope Norwood wins. I am going to be seriously ****** off if Roosters win.
You if all people should know in this league cheats prosper

Look at the 2012 redlegs :)

I not watched or followed the game but to hear a team had 19 men on field in a bloody preliminary final of all things and not for just 2 or 3 seconds by accident and is allowed to play in grand final and team with legit 18 is not, is incredible. ******* joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back