Unofficial Preview Prelim final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty impressive Geelong. Just super organised and solid.
In saying that if we were playing Collingwood tonight the score would be much the same.

How the gigging going? Able to play in QLD?

We can but I'm apprehensive to book shows. Booking fees are the same or have gone up (300-400 for a 100 pax venue) but said venues can't hold a full crowd so essentially you have to charge a lot more per ticket to make the same $$ that you could previously. Couple that with a recession + less punters going to shows and it's hard to make the effort to put on a show to barely break even.

We can but I'm apprehensive to book shows. Booking fees are the same or have gone up (300-400 for a 100 pax venue) but said venues can't hold a full crowd so essentially you have to charge a lot more per ticket to make the same $$ that you could previously. Couple that with a recession + less punters going to shows and it's hard to make the effort to put on a show to barely break even.
That must be dispiriting. The Arts have been smashed by COVID. If you are writing, you should have plenty of new material to choose from.

4 of Geelong's back 6 are slow as (Henderson, Taylor, Kolodjashnij, Henry), not sure how they will line be able to keep up with our forwards or deal with our forward pressure.
You could say 4 of our back 6 aren’t lightning either (Andrews, Lester, Birchall and Gardiner). Although really these days it’s back 7, but for pace we have Rich, Starc, Ah Chee and Bailey. Looking at Geelong‘s forward line it was their pace that impressed tonight. Still I think we will go in unchanged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game tonight-

1- No way in the world we let the Cats take nearly a 100 more marks than us.
2- We will pressure them relentlessly.
3- Dangerfield forward is a beast, Gardiner probably goes to him but there must be pressure up the field, no one can go with Danger one out.
4- Confident Harris can handle Hawkins.
5- Starcevich to Rohan, lightning quick and while not consistently good he can have really good on days, need someone with pace on him.
6- You don't want the ball in Ablett's hands delivering into the 50.
7- Play as we did against Richmond and I'm extremely confident of a victory.

Note- It was delightful to be there to see the Pies cop such a beautiful pasting, they were pathetic.

Collingwood were terrible tonight.

Truly awful terrible.

Really, it wasn't much more than a training run for Geelong so I'm not getting too overawed by their performance.

When we played Geelong back in round 5 , we fell apart in the third quarter after having their measure until half time. When we regained our composure, we came back and actually won the last quarter.

We "won" three of the four quarters that night and that was at a neutral venue, the SCG.

We are a more seasoned and mature side even since then and with our home crowd behind us on Saturday night, I'm very confident the lads can get the job done.

I'm comfortable with playing Geelong rather than the Pies if for no other reason than the Cats won't get nearly as much of the crowd support than the Ferals would have enjoyed.

GO LIONS!!!!

If there was a game this year where we'll miss Marcus Adams the most, it's next week. He's the perfect physical match-up for Hawkins as he showed last year and allows Andrews to help off his man.

Defensive match-ups will be interesting this week. Do we play Andrews on Hawkins, or do we try and use him helping off his man? In the side they played tonight, they didn't really play a second tall with Stanley spending most of his time in the ruck (closest thing was probably Dangerfield).

What will the defence match ups look like? At a guess;

Andrews - Hawkins
Dizzy/Starcevich - Danger
Lester - Rohan
Ah Chee - Miers
Rich - Ablett

Danger probably the one that needs the most attention when he plays forward though not sure we have a match for Stanley (maybe Ratugolea) when resting forward. I guess Lester moves to the resting ruck and rotate smalls? Stanley been pretty handy last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back