Women's Footy Preliminary Final, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

finally finished the replay. what a good win!

Hodder has a mighty boot on her, good lord.

Really comfortable with our whole defensive line at the moment, years back I was sure of just a few of them but now we're really solid. Some article about how Melb are best defense in the league... I'd like to see how we stack up on some of those stats

Great to see Lutkins going so well. Seems she is now just winning back shoulder instead of floating in for the intercepts, but with Grider Koenen and Campbell all marking so well our .....synergy is perfect.

A bit of a heart-in-mouth moment when Dakota played on, but her marking up high was superb tonight (as was Wardlaw to be honest, and unlucky to not get a few more)

Lets hope we smash Melb and the neverending 'fairy-tale'.. give me a break.

and also I hope springfield looks great and has no issues :)

What? At the home of the AFLW??? You must be missing a zero in there!
Yes, you would have thought double that number woud have been a decent crowd at the home of AFLW

Ikon Park is a good venue and has some nice grandstand viewing sections, but has had many changes over the years
At present, Ikon is a better crowd viewing venue over ours by a big margin

Finding the correct capacity of grounds is not straight forward
The lazy media (Robbo and co) go with what suit their agenda
Going on memory Robbo and others quoted Ikon had a capacity of 21,000 compared to our gloryifed training oval of 6000 capacity
I found a couple of articles stating Ikon Parks new capacity is now 12,000. One below from Austadiums
Looks like that site has had an update. They have updated The Gabba information, and finally changed the capacity to 36,000
At present they have listed Brighton Homes Arena capacity as 8,000 but that has not yet been tested

Princes Park formerly had a seating capacity of 35,000 throughout six grandstands
Following the construction of a training and administration building, the capacity of the ground was reduced to around 21,000, and an extension of the Carlton headquarters completed in 2022 has further reduced capacity to around 12,000

Ikon Park Details​

Address
Royal Parade, Carlton North 3054
Capacity

Record Crowd
62,986 - 1945 VFL GF: South Melbourne v Carlton
Highest Crowd since 2003
30,052 - 21/05/05: AFL: Carlton v Melbourne

Yes, you would have thought double that number woud have been a decent crowd at the home of AFLW

Ikon Park is a good venue and has some nice grandstand viewing sections, but has had many changes over the years
At present, Ikon is a better crowd viewing venue over ours by a big margin
Nah. Outside of sitting right up the back at VFL Park, the remaining stands at Carlton give some of the worst views of a game of football you could ever experience.

Friday night. Couple of us sitting on the wing, towards the back. Actually ended up sitting behind a couple of rows of Crows supporters and engaging in some banter with them, even to the point of acknowledging how unusual it was for a Lions team (men or women) to be getting a good run with the umpires... And the Crows fans agreeing 😂

Funny how a LOT of seats around us suddenly became available at half time 😉

I didn't miss the bloke behind us yelling out "come on crows" over and over and over and over and over again at random intervals tho 🤦

Nah. Outside of sitting right up the back at VFL Park, the remaining stands at Carlton give some of the worst views of a game of football you could ever experience.
I was going on the various image views of Ikon Park.
Have never been there but it does look like good viewing from the grandstands
So your comments on the actual game day viewing is a big surprise

On the other hand Lions have 1 grandstand in middle of the ground, and possibly some other elevated viewing from the community club
We do have 3 tiered seating around the ground which is great if you like to sit close to the boundary.
Then the hill area if you like watching from that position
It will be miles better than your favourite ground "The Burp". I imagine a lot closer too.
Will find out on Sunday if the ground has a good crowd athmosphere and reasonable viewing for fans

Back