Review Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They just played some clips on the Channel 9 show Footy show, Geelong's tactic against Lachie was the team tag and to pretty much man handle him him off the ball, constant pushing and shoving and don't let him near it during stoppages, the whole panel agreed that he should have got more free kicks.

They just played some clips on the Channel 9 show Footy show, Geelong's tactic against Lachie was the team tag and to pretty much man handle him him off the ball, constant pushing and shoving and don't let him near it during stoppages, the whole panel agreed that he should have got more free kicks.
I mentioned this in my post - it was a disgrace he wasn't given one free kick from some very negative defending. Atkins basically just took his eyes of the ball as soon as it was bounced or thrown up and starting pushing Neale off balance, other times he would just grab Neale's arm and pull him back as he ran towards the ball! Blicavs wasn't so bad as Atkins.

But its okay Selwood was given numerous free kicks as per usual.

Neale didn’t get a look in...beat Lions 101 is to stop him..just don’t have enough going on elsewhere atm to take the focus off

At least Fagan won’t mention it..if it happened to one of Dimmas players it’d be ad nauseum until December

Neale didn’t get a look in...beat Lions 101 is to stop him..just don’t have enough going on elsewhere atm to take the focus off

At least Fagan won’t mention it..if it happened to one of Dimmas players it’d be ad nauseum until December
51ImjJMQtsL._SY445_.jpg

My take wasn't that he wanted a formal 'final game' send off - rather an opportunity to announce it to the fans.

Obvously he did so tonight b/c there are no more games to be played. Why deny him that right, unless of course Fagan wanted him to hold off in case we made the GF and there was still a chance that Mitch could have been selected once again.
I love Mitch but the reality is this . . . if you want a formal send off game, you need to bite the bullet and pull the pin when you are still in the top 22. It's tough but that is the reality of it.

Can i just thank all the supporters who turned up to the last 2 finals games in Melbourne.
The atmosphere that was created was spine tingling sometimes ( obviously the Melbourne game was more profound) but the vibe that all the supporters created was outstanding and i hope we all can return bigger and better next year to create that same atmosphere.

Can i just thank all the supporters who turned up to the last 2 finals games in Melbourne.
The atmosphere that was created was spine tingling sometimes ( obviously the Melbourne game was more profound) but the vibe that all the supporters created was outstanding and i hope we all can return bigger and better next year to create that same atmosphere.
bc871508ed1e7691ba76fa770192a51d.jpg

It was great to be a part of it despite the disappointment of how the cats game unfolded. If Im in a position to come down next year should the team get another shot at the pointy end Ill be there with bells on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel markedly better about last week after seeing what Geelong did to Sydney. Maybe I shouldn't, but it's dulled the pain a little from the pantsing we received. Wondering how many (if any) of their 30+ crew will call it time now and go out on a high.
I was actually delighted when Sydney's deficit blew out well beyond our losing margin

Sick eh?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back