Opinion Preliminary Final Changes vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly accurate source.... He's no good but has indicated he'll get through...can't go much deeper than that but I can assure you the person knows.
If that's the case then I guess the club hopes for a Macca MJ straight swap next week if we manage to pull tomorrow night off.

As always, injuries to our key backs at the wrong end of the season are torpedoing our chances. Why, footy gods, why?!
Yes, 3 years in a row we have not managed injuries to our key backs....could potentially end up costing us two flags. McPharlin's was clearly overuse and could be excused for Dawson and Silvagni not available for large chunks but we could have tried other options such as Mayne or Tabernar down back, Smith, etc especially in the easier games. It looks like it is the same as Pavlich, unfortunately the game is so brutal that they cannot last the whole season anymore and his goal output has clearly been down in the last 4-5 weeks. We put a lot of effort in to make sure we got top 2 so hope it doesn't backfire in the end.

if robbo said it I trust it, silvagni will replace Johnson which will be enough to get us over the line

Won't have enough rebound

And I dont trust Dawson :(

I hate the fact that once again we may go in without our 2 best backs. And on the same footy show they say "West coast with it's strongest team of the year" :( I hate the fact they have had luck at the best times this year

Will be devo if we don't have Macca or Johnno. Had the opportunity to rest them, especially Macca and didn't take it. Silly really.

if robbo said it I trust it, silvagni will replace Johnson which will be enough to get us over the line

Not to be pessimistic but we have no chance without MJ. We would go into the game with our weakest backline for the year, with no general structuring our defence, and have no synergy between teammates.

He needs to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how come we have a massive 1600 tickets still available for our Prelim whereas the eagles game has been sold out for ages ??

Surely this is an exciting enough game to sell out isn't it

Michael wasn't subbed out during the Sydney game and finished the game OK.He has been training and been selected. Would be a giant smoke screen by the club if he is injured.

Nah not me the source. As you can appreciate, I'm not going to shed light on something that is not my business to go into details over, other than the person interacts with him fairly regularly.

Dawson looks like he has had no pre-season and it shows. Way too slow. I don't know how he got in tbh.

His kicking has improved massively. He should really start kicking it. Don't know why he hesistates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back