Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaah...they would have learned nothing....what would they know anyway???
Genuinely curious.

There were a lot of posters on here saying we desperately need some more speed, in particular around the midfield. And that Lyons and Mathieson should make way to make that happen.

Would you say that was a fair thing to agitate for? And that Lyons played for too long, particularly given he apparently had OP?

I reckon Payne is up for it. We'll give him all the tools to succeed on Friday and he's had two games to get settled in a finals environment. Just needs to keep him to 2 goals and minimal score involvements and he'll have had a big win.

Of course I still think Andrews will take him.
Yes I think Andrews will take Hawkins.

Payne is our only defender who can match it physically with Hawkins.Need to get them into a wrestle.Play him back shoulder otherwise the old push in the back will come into play and Hawkins will have a field day given that no umpire will penalize him
I think Andrews will take Hawkins. Yes Hawkins seems to grab his opponent if standing behind and position them in front and then gives a subtle push in the back.

Genuinely curious.

There were a lot of posters on here saying we desperately need some more speed, in particular around the midfield. And that Lyons and Mathieson should make way to make that happen.

Would you say that was a fair thing to agitate for? And that Lyons played for too long, particularly given he apparently had OP?
I think Mighty Lions was being pretty sarcastic in his post and I think most on here would agree with you, including me (I was quite vocal in calling for Lyons to be dropped).

The part we don't know is did Fages + crew time their changes perfectly (eg was is by design that Lyons got dropped on the eve of finals). They clearly knew he was injured for some time, gave him lots of opportunities to recover from, but then ruthlessly dropped him for our first final to bring in Dev.

I'd be so curious to know what changed to actually cause them to pull the trigger, especially considering Lyons then played in the VFL that same week. He hadn't been any worse in round 23 then any previous week, he was just bog average for months.

So several years ago now there was an octopus named Paul which was predicting the winners of world cup matches with astounding accuracy.

During the pandemic, a cleaner at the Australian Parliament house noticed that an octopus at a local Chinese restaurant was similarly intelligent, which through a short consultation project led to the octopus becoming involved throughout key stages of covid response decisions. As a way to help staff unwind in the lunchroom after stressful tank water changes, Kingy the octopus would demonstrate his similar knack for predicting afl match winners. He currently has an even higher accuracy than Paul of 95% and has gratifyingly predicted a Lions win this Friday, so everyone can just relax

1663122632116.png

I think Mighty Lions was being pretty sarcastic in his post and I think most on here would agree with you, including me (I was quite vocal in calling for Lyons to be dropped).

The part we don't know is did Fages + crew time their changes perfectly (eg was is by design that Lyons got dropped on the eve of finals). They clearly knew he was injured for some time, gave him lots of opportunities to recover from, but then ruthlessly dropped him for our first final to bring in Dev.

I'd be so curious to know what changed to actually cause them to pull the trigger, especially considering Lyons then played in the VFL that same week. He hadn't been any worse in round 23 then any previous week, he was just bog average for months.

I believe this -

Either Lyons got worse

Or

matho came in when they were desperate/a lot of fan noise.

Fagan said he wondered why they hadn't selected him earlier.

This shows doubt in their selection process.

Matho increased our contested possessions.

Coaches started to wonder about what else they were missing/ not seeing clearly.

They have been reviewing decisions to make sure there aren't other missed opportunities.

They subsequently decided Lyons decision was incorrect, and they replaced them.

Or, like I said before, Lyons got worse.

I believe this -

Either Lyons got worse

Or

matho came in when they were desperate/a lot of fan noise.

Fagan said he wondered why they hadn't selected him earlier.

This shows doubt in their selection process.

Matho increased our contested possessions.

Coaches started to wonder about what else they were missing/ not seeing clearly.

They have been reviewing decisions to make sure there aren't other missed opportunities.

They subsequently decided Lyons decision was incorrect, and they replaced them.

Or, like I said before, Lyons got worse.

Looking back on the last time we played Geelong in round 4 Lyons was useless in that game.

I think start of the year we adjusted his role which he didn't handle too well and then got injured and that made it even harder for him to adjust to that role which changed again with Matho in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I really get banned?

Seriously!?
dKq1ljiI.jpg

Did I really get banned?

Seriously!?
Banned from posting about Joe, yes. Free to post about anything else!

You've had two years to get it out of your system.

We'll leave it here, feel free to privately message if you want to continue the discussion.

Banned from posting about Joe, yes. Free to post about anything else!

You've had two years to get it out of your system.

We'll leave it here, feel free to privately message if you want to continue the discussion.
Caught BD trying to skirt the issue.

JL has ben a liability for most of the year and whatever he was carrying just got to the stage where he could barely get out there. Dunno why he played in the 2's last week but that just confirmed he was a shadow of his former self.

We took too long sure but at least we made the switch and hopefully he can get himself right again in the off season. Even so if Dunkley comes in he'll need to get back to what he was pre this season to get a spot. But will be a handy player if he does.

So several years ago now there was an octopus named Paul which was predicting the winners of world cup matches with astounding accuracy.

During the pandemic, a cleaner at the Australian Parliament house noticed that an octopus at a local Chinese restaurant was similarly intelligent, which through a short consultation project led to the octopus becoming involved throughout key stages of covid response decisions. As a way to help staff unwind in the lunchroom after stressful tank water changes, Kingy the octopus would demonstrate his similar knack for predicting afl match winners. He currently has an even higher accuracy than Paul of 95% and has gratifyingly predicted a Lions win this Friday, so everyone can just relax

View attachment 1507698

If we lose, do we get to eat him? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back