Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I haven't heard the word "flaming" used in an internet context since about 2002.

Back in the days when we surfed the "information superhighway" on our 56kbps modems.

/me slaps Martinson around a bit with a large trout

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I haven't heard the word "flaming" used in an internet context since about 2002.

Back in the days when we surfed the "information superhighway" on our 56kbps modems.

/me slaps Martinson around the head with a large trout
I know.

What's the word then ? You're a teacher.

Don't belittle me ,educate me.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Na.

You're the Skipper.

Everyone looks to you.

You nominate and you can take unequivocal support to the bank.
You would get change from the bank with your support cobber.

Besides, done my time in playing, coaching and administration. Time for new blood as you wisely say...... so come on....HAVE A CRACK BIG BOY.

twhowler

All Australian
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the team always needs to evolve at times in each season and in each year. When that time is should be determined by many situations & circmstances that is deemed by coach's, players & people high up in the administration of the club. We as supporters always have hindsight that our club doesn't and with that comes the "told you so" smart cookies that knew it before Fagan or anyone else thought of it. Bahahahaha.
I have said all along, The Brisbane Lions are extremely lucky to have Fagan, Daly, Swan & Wellington as the people who represent the club we all love. I also have said that more gratitude & respect should be given to these guys and sometimes it's easy to forget the joy & excitement these guys (along with the players) have brought us. They have changed the club in a significantly positive way and we should all recognize that.

Go Lions.
Agree re Fagan and his team’s overall impact. We were in a shocking position as a club. I am a mere supporter. I played ammo football. They turned around a club and playing list. They also created a culture where we almost never lose players. Stopped getting bad injuries. Had players wanting to come. Incredible effort. I’ve spoken with Fagan twice and was almost as positive with him as he is with everyone!

But i was being very particular about that one point - how much our midfield had slipped, the fact it took so long to pull the trigger on Lyons. You mentioned hindsight - in this case those of us wanting change were saying it for many weeks. It wasn’t hindsight. It just seems bizarre we went for so long with the set-up that wasn’t working. Particularly if OP had set in. Especially considering how well run we are normally. Strong case to say it cost us top 4.

Anyway i enjoy your contributions, particularly as an insider of the club. Hope they are all primed to do us proud again Friday. Last Friday was spine-tingling stuff. My two sisters took their kids who are now fans for life. I have been at them for years buying memberships trying to bribe them… now they are on board!

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is getting weird
It is.

Tell us something about the footy.

Who you tipping Friday night Brab. ?
You would get change from the bank with your support cobber.

Besides, done my time in playing, coaching and administration. Time for new blood as you wisely say...... so come on....HAVE A CRACK BIG BOY.
Mate , cobber , Big Boy ??

You're upping the stakes.

It is.

Tell us something about the footy.

Who you tipping Friday night Brab. ?

Mate , cobber , Big Boy ??

You're upping the stakes.

Lions by 5. McCarthy after the Siren

Don’t think my poor heart would take that much stress, if that occurred on Friday :p

In this scenario Jeremy Cameron kicks a goal but it is called a behind by the ARC. Kiddy Coleman runs it up the field and puts it in McCarthy’s lap.

Richmond fans invade Parliament House.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Just watched the Jeremy Cameron segment on AFL360. Damn he’s good. Do we play Starcevich on him when up the ground and Andrews when deeper? Can’t have Harris chasing him all day long - too slow and will get tired easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back