Preview 2016 Preliminary Final - Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Friday September 23, MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, thought he was better as the game went on. Thought he was good in the 4th with his disposal. He will be better for the run.

Has everything to play for as well. If he plays a good 4 quarter game to what he is capable of, he will be hard to displace in the team.

Sydney playing injured players. Smells of desperation. Last week will catch up with you in the last quarter and the cats will kick away. I expect a cracking first 3/4 however. Geelongs defense is superior to Sydney's by the way and that will be the difference.

Your theory about playing injured players may be true but only time will tell. I don't agree that your defence is better. We've conceded just 5 more points than you guys including finals and have played an extra game

Has everything to play for as well. If he plays a good 4 quarter game to what he is capable of, he will be hard to displace in the team.

Don't agree there. If Mills is fit he's a much better matchup next week though. That is just a personal view though.

Sydney playing injured players. Smells of desperation. Last week will catch up with you in the last quarter and the cats will kick away. I expect a cracking first 3/4 however. Geelongs defense is superior to Sydney's by the way and that will be the difference.

You defence is 1 point better this year on average than ours. I'm not exactly quaking.

Don't agree there. If Mills is fit he's a much better matchup next week though. That is just a personal view though.
I look at players like Laidler/Marsh fighting to save their spot from Mills spot. I have Marsh on top, but Laidler could go above Marsh.

Both could loose their spot though with McVeigh. (Jones the other candidate).

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think your backline is too tall and slow so the only way you win that contest is if we bomb it long all night. Expecting us to use hit up targets like Richards and Rohan to cause you trouble. Watching Taylor loping 5m behind Rohan last time we played instils me with plenty of confidence.

I've felt pretty confident about this game all week somehow, I just think we have the tools to get over the line in this one.

I look at players like Laidler/Marsh fighting to save their spot from Mills spot. I have Marsh on top, but Laidler could go above Marsh.

Both could loose their spot though with McVeigh. (Jones the other candidate).

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, fair enough. Lets wait and see after this week.

Geelong recruiting spree last year smelled of desperation...jog on!

I'm amazed people still think finals are a bad time to play injured and underdone players. It's the only time you play them.
Doggies had no hesitation

What i worry about is their ability to put on quick goals with their i50 marking (particularly if they can isolate their big talls on the G), whereas we on the other hand may be made to work for ours. They're strong in centre clearances, so a long bomb or burst out of centre from danger and quick kick and mark/goal from their tall forwards could be the difference if game became tight. Also we can't just rely on grunt - ball use needs to improve from last wk - as well as we played in the 1st qrtr, there were still too many unforced errors/turnovers giving crows ample ball back and lots of repeat i50 entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back