Game Day Preliminary Final: Port Adelaide vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Give no quarter. Go Ports ❤
Edit - not working today. Having morning coffee. Starting to feel a bit nervous. Heading to Home Ground for pre's at 4.30. Shout out to daughter who's living in Vic and can't attend the game. She's been a nervous wreck all week!

Last edited:

It seems it might be wet tonight after all - would we expect anything different for a Port home game?

Should be nothing or next to nothing by the time the game starts

bom.PNG

So pumped and nervous for this, I'm pretty glad it's a Friday and I've got work to somewhat distract me until tonight.

I reckon Port and Richmond match up well, it'll be an even contest, so the winner will be wherever the X factor comes from. Last game was the Motlop show. I'm calling this one to be Dixon's biggest game. No more 2.4 or 3.3 or anything like that. Just a big, 6 goal, key forward performance. I wanna see that first pump and the double first pump in action. Now is the time.

Port by 4 points.
Dixon 6 goals and BOG

I have a feeling I'm going to be a lot less productive at work than usual today.
I am not working today, so the day will go so slow. Planning on cleaning the house again, as that worked for the QF. Get to pick the eldest up early as she has been on her first 3 day camp. Should have her in bed before I leave for the game!

So pumped and nervous for this, I'm pretty glad it's a Friday and I've got work to somewhat distract me until tonight.

I reckon Port and Richmond match up well, it'll be an even contest, so the winner will be wherever the X factor comes from. Last game was the Motlop show. I'm calling this one to be Dixon's biggest game. No more 2.4 or 3.3 or anything like that. Just a big, 6 goal, key forward performance. I wanna see that first pump and the double first pump in action. Now is the time.

Port by 4 points.
Dixon 6 goals and BOG

If Dixon kicks 6.0 we’ll win by a hell of a lot more than 4 points .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming into this year I was expecting a repeat of recent seasons. Win about half our games, maybe just make the finals and if we did get kicked out early.

But this is a different team. Playing a much better style of footy. Too defensive last year - it was frustrating to watch the slow build-ups and kicks to the boundary line. This year it's more attacking - more corridor style and centre-ing the ball in our forward line. And you can see the self-belief amongst the players in the game plan.

I know that we're good enough to beat Richmond. I'm expecting a nerve racking tight contest, and in tight contests the result can go either way.

I've gone from a non-believer to a believer in the space of a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back