Game Day Preliminary Final: Port Adelaide vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was Rockliff tasked with keeping someone quiet? He seemed to have issues with his involvements when he used the ball but I might have missed a lot of work he was doing off the ball.

He is legitimately unplayable against midfields with genuine speed.

Should not be a first 22 player next year

Duckenthusiast

All Australian
Jul 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You do realise some of us in lockdown have children who haven’t been able to see grandparents, family etc. Not really a fun time down here.

I live in Qld and wont see my parents this x-mas, so potentially a 2 year gap between visits. My wedding has been postponed indefinitely which was supposed to be a good end to a 2 year period that saw my fiancee nearly die in a car accident that she still has ptsd from and has had 3 back operations on, including a spinal fusion. I work in a university on a fixed term contract. If I lose my job due to covid, I will never work as an academic again and will probably have to go start another degree, having spent 11 years at university for 2 degrees, a masters, and a PhD. This will almost certainly cost me the opportunity to have children. I am not interested in a Richmond supporter coming here and sooking it up about how hard they have it. why are you posting on our board lecturing us when plenty of your supporters have come here to troll us? And then you *******s will post a 'why is everyone against us' thread unironically in the lead up to next week.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm very proud of our club. I thought it may pan out this way but we gave everything. We just weren't ready. What a fantastic year, loved every minute. So well lead by Jonas and Boak, and Hartlett had his best year imo. Richmond were a little bit more finals ready but we went toe to toe for 4 qrtrs.

Congrats to Ken, he proved me wrong. Was fantastic this year. This hurts but I am very proud of this team as they honoured all those Magpie players that busted their guts to get us into this competition. I hope that after the initial disappointment players will be able to appreciate what a fantastic year the club had. Never tear us a part.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I live in Qld and wont see my parents this x-mas, so potentially a 2 year gap between visits. My wedding has been postponed indefinitely which was supposed to be a good end to a 2 year period that saw my fiancee nearly die in a car accident that she still has ptsd from and has had 3 back operations on, including a spinal fusion. I work in a university on a fixed term contract. If I lose my job due to covid, I will never work as an academic again and will probably have to go start another degree, having spent 11 years at university for 2 degrees, a masters, and a PhD. This will almost certainly cost me the opportunity to have children. I am not interested in a Richmond supporter coming here and sooking it up about how hard they have it. why are you posting on our board lecturing us when plenty of your supporters have come here to troll us? And then you *******s will post a 'why is everyone against us' thread unironically in the lead up to next week.
Couldn't ignore this post.

Terrible mate, I wish you all the best and it's times like this where it's irrelevant which football team people support - It's just sport.

No one is here "sooking", unfortunately it may be hard for some people to ignore another taking satisfaction in someone's suffering during pandemic and simply told him to pull his head in.

No one knows the next persons pain, we should all empathise and help each other during this time - football is beyond secondary. Banter is one thing but that bloke crossed a line.

Hopefully your luck turns mate. All the best.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Just ignore him, Richmond supporters wouldn't be on this board has they lost. Why do I know this? Because they completely ******* disappeared when we destroyed them in 2014.

So any good game Port type of s**t from Richmond supporters only can * off. They didn't come out during their s**t years and will go back in hiding once they're s**t again.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Enjoy the weekend with the knowledge that your last 2 scores were from free kicks and you won the game because of them. We were holding you off and it didn't look like you were going to score from open play. Get 7 points from 2 frees and you were able to defend until the end. END OF STORY. But the Hartlett intentional out of bounds decision was a joke and you got the winning goal from it. It changed the flow of the game and possibly the result
Sorry that was deliberate out of bounds every day.
They just pay that now. Hammer had a brain fade unfortunately.

We lost the game for the same reason we lost the 2014 prelim. Brain fades and poor coaching. Oh well hopefully we are not waiting another 6 years for a shot at it again I suppose. Midfield is aging terribly though so unfortunately I think it will be unless we do something of miracles next year.
Was a bit of fun whilst it lasted but in reality it was a Mickey mouse season that nobody will give a s**t about in 2 weeks. Hopefully the board doesn't jizz over Ken this year and just gives him a year but I can see they'll panic and offer him 3 again. God help us

Bring on cricket.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They were sh*t for 37 years. Had a purple patch for the last 4. Doesn’t make them a better club than us you pussy.
Lol Unfortunately the fact they've already won 2 flags and probably 3 by the end of this year makes them ALOT better than us in atleast the AFL. Clearly?

Hopefully we learn from them.

Credit where it due.

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
Richmond where slightly better, the umpires where frustrating.

The inconsistency in holding the ball was a joke, clearances lost us the game in the last.

Brian Taylor’s call was disgraceful, his talk of Rozee flopping then Richmond do it all night and not a work.
He is the worst football caller in history.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The inconsistency in holding the ball was a joke, clearances lost us the game in the last.

Brian Taylor’s call was disgraceful, his talk of Rozee flopping then Richmond do it all night and not a work.
The Vic biased commentary has been s**t and obvious all year. Geelong and Tigers have some of the biggest stagers in the game but neither the umps nor the commentators mention that instead they focus on a kid in his second year.
The AFL is an inbred Victorian corrupt machine.
Moving MCG turf to the Gabba was a joke.

I hope Lions thrash Geelong and Tigers and Stevic and his mate Dimma can EAD.
We weren’t good enough tonight but the AFL Pisses me off.
Love my club but wish I could give the AFL
Away.
Sick of their s**t and also sick of Eddie’s influences.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Two golden chances for goals in the 3rd quarter - Robbie and Boaky - and Charlie’s goal early in the last quarter will be my lasting impressions of our final game in 2020.
Those two goals would have had us “sitting pretty” and that effort from Charlie should have inspired the whole Port family to get us over the line - sadly it didn’t.
I have no complaints at all with the team with their journey through this very strange 2020 season. Yes, the VFL bias is very extreme and it pisses me off, but it is what it is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing shits me more than commentators/supporters/umpires justifying free kicks not being paid on the basis that a player exaggerated contact - it's either there or it's not. Gray, Wingard, now Rozee. It's victim blaming.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nothing shits me more than commentators/supporters/umpires justifying free kicks not being paid on the basis that a player exaggerated contact - it's either there or it's not. Gray, Wingard, now Rozee. It's victim blaming.
The whole reason those guys end up exaggerated the contact is because they are getting no protection and are constantly targeted where as certain players get free if you look at them the wrong way.

Duckenthusiast

All Australian
Jul 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That was probably a free there to boak (had his head ripped off) but good to see the umpires let a bit go late in the game. 2 Mins later, that was definitely a free to Richmond there, well umpired.

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That was probably a free there to boak (had his head ripped off) but good to see the umpires let a bit go late in the game. 2 Mins later, that was definitely a free to Richmond there, well umpired.
The umpires at half time already awarded over 20 frees in the game - this game was unlike any other in the finals because the umpires imposed their will on the game and ultimately shaped the result. They awarded 6 deliberate out of bounds frees on a wet night while through the season there was an average of 1 per game awarded. As for holding the ball or holding the man nobody knows what's going on so there can be no arguing because anything can be called.

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
Unfortunately Rozee threw his head back about 8 times last night. Its just unneccesary
The comment from the umpire though was a joke , to state you seen the free but refused to pay it because he flung back his arms. Lol they where happy to report Ladhams for a swinging arm that hit the guys arm then flopped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back