Game Day Preliminary Final: Port Adelaide vs Richmond

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I went to game at the MCG in 2016 when we beat them and the crowd was 27k.

Very curious to know where all the others came from in around September of 2017.
I went to the game in Darwin where we flogged them , that was when we only won 3 games for the year but still managed beating that rabble at the time. They sold off that home game. 🤣
The following year they couldn't even beat us at the G when 99% of teams were smashing us.

MrMeaner

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah look, they're just footy fans that love their club. And i actually really feel for them being stuck in lockdown. But if they're going to come here wiping their dirty shoes on our carpet i will reserve the right to mock them over it.

Hey, remember there are a few of us Port supporters stuck in lockdown too (and we're not all 66)

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Wanted to wait till now before posting so I would not come across as a troll due to emotions being to high after the game Ford Fairlane if the post offends, just delete it as its not my intention.

First, both sides should be proud of how high quality the game was played particularly with the conditions and the way the game was umpired. When a game is won by 6 points, it really is a game that is a true 50/50. BOTH sides had chances to win and it was just fortunate ( obviously to me being a tiger) the flip of the coin fell our way.

Secondly, I really wanted to state how bullish I am on your clubs ability to rebound from this loss and at the very least make another PF next year and then who knows what happens. I know some have posted in this thread about the age of your mids and how this was your last chance, I disagree. You will still have a core of elite mids that are young and proven in Wines and SPP, with a layer of elite younger mids and a inspirational midfield leader in Boak to guide and steer them.

You have some freakish young talents in the back and forward line as well. I think also lessons will be learned this year that will improve you too. The one knock I have is that during the year you were way to Dixon conscious, its great when you win but makes you way to predictable going forward. We were exactly the same with Jack. I see a lot of Richmond 3 to 4 years ago in Port tracking a similar way. So hold faith. One of your younger forwards will be better again next year which will help improve Dixons game and off you go.

Anyway just my opinion. Good luck with the off season in who you recruit and see you next year.

Greg Tivendale

All Australian
Aug 5, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, QPR, Chicago Blackhawks
If Richmond win it,
They can't even celebrate
Worst year to win a flag ever.

If we happen to win it, I will celebrate it just as much as 2017 & 2019. Perhaps even more so considering all the challenges the VIC teams faced in the 2020 season. You can't tell me that you wouldn't have celebrated just as much if Port won it this year and if you believe that then you're only lying to yourself.

At least, the whole "but they had a dream draw, 17 games at the MCG, can't win away from home, blah blah" is finally put to rest.

Port were the best team for the majority of 2020 and the game on Friday night could have easily gone either way. Port have a very bright future with Duursma, Butters, Rozee etc so I'd back them in to be thereabouts in 2021.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we happen to win it, I will celebrate it just as much as 2017 & 2019. Perhaps even more so considering all the challenges the VIC teams faced in the 2020 season. You can't tell me that you wouldn't have celebrated just as much if Port won it this year and if you believe that then you're only lying to yourself.

At least, the whole "but they had a dream draw, 17 games at the MCG, can't win away from home, blah blah" is finally put to rest.

Port were the best team for the majority of 2020 and the game on Friday night could have easily gone either way. Port have a very bright future with Duursma, Butters, Rozee etc so I'd back them in to be thereabouts in 2021.

Of course you will I'm just talking about publicly celebrating it together with others, BBQs , pubs ect..with restrictions
The players can't either.
s**t time to be a Victorian.

Greg Tivendale

All Australian
Aug 5, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, QPR, Chicago Blackhawks
Of course you will I'm just talking about publicly celebrating it, BBqs , pubs ect..with restrictions
The players can't either.

Oh sorry, misread what you meant.

I'm already shattered I can't a. be at the game and b. be at the pub or a mates bbq.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Most Richmond people I know in real life are very decent. Heck, my godfather played for them. No idea why the ones on here are such flogs.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Yep also while they run the gambit as winners, they are the best losers in the AFL. They spent close to 40 years with their club as a laughing stock and still showed up week in, week out, maintained positivity, loved their club and wanted success. Second best fanbase in the AFL.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep also while they run the gambit as winners, they are the best losers in the AFL. They spent close to 40 years with their club as a laughing stock and still showed up week in, week out, maintained positivity, loved their club and wanted success. Second best fanbase in the AFL.
Lol you obviously have NEVER lived in Victoria.
They didn't front up every week at all.
They played games at Etihad because their crowds were that s**t in the 00s.
They were still cocky when they were winning spoons.

Back