Preview Preliminary final preview: Richmond v Collingwood [DaVe86 Preview post #116]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half is huge for us we need to get on top early and be in front at half time, i think this is going to be close they will be finishing off well as they have all year which means we need to put a gap in the scoreboard early. I am so nervous and Excited can't get any work done ;) luckily i have good work mates :)
Bring on Friday night Preliminary final at the MCG against Richmond clear faves reigning premiers couldn't think of a better time to knock the tigers OFF

I'm an inherently pessimistic supporter, but I've just got this warm cosy feeling we're gonna role the Tuggers.

JDG will run rampant in the last qtr and we'll win by 4 goals.

I'm not particularly superstitious, but I got swooped twice by the same Magpie yesterday and he drew blood on my left ear and right cheek....I read this as a good sign the Maggies are up and about.

I'm not particularly superstitious, but I got swooped twice by the same Magpie yesterday and he drew blood on my left ear and right cheek....I read this as a good sign the Maggies are up and about.
Nothing seasonal about their behaviour of course! You must have had a close call. Fortunately you still eyes to watch the game.

Richmond supporters are unbearable on here. I thought Hawthorn fans were arrogant, but wowee these guys take it to another level.

You can't even have a proper conversation with because they'll either insult you or throw out some witty one-liner.

****, I hope we win.
It will be nice

I'm an inherently pessimistic supporter, but I've just got this warm cosy feeling we're gonna role the Tuggers.

JDG will run rampant in the last qtr and we'll win by 4 goals.

I was having a kick with my little mate, two magpies were sitting on the fence watching, I took that as a good sign too.

Changes since last time:

IN: Treloar, DeGoey, Sier, Goldsack, Aish, Howe*, Mihocek**

OUT: Scharenberg, Moore, Daicos, Brown

* Injured first quarter, didn’t return
** Injured (ankle) second quarter, restricted movement, played defence second half

Richmond new since last game: Houli and Conca (both important players)

The thing I remember the most from around 19 was that every time we threatened, for within a kick, they’d win the centre clearance and score a goal within a minute. They score quick goals in quick succession. Unless we wrest control and don’t allow easy, quick goals, and giant shifts in momentum, we’re a strong chance of pulling off a miracle here.

But our errors will be punished with interest, so need to play smart and not panic football.

Nothing seasonal about their behaviour of course! You must have had a close call. Fortunately you still eyes to watch the game.
Luckily he swooped me from behind...my ear still hurts actually.

Sacared me more than hurt me though as I was walking with my headphones in listening to KB crap on about the Tigers and Dr. Turf keeping him in check.

Changes since last time:

** Injured (ankle) second quarter, restricted movement, played defence second half

The thing I remember the most from around 19 was that every time we threatened, for within a kick, they’d win the centre clearance and score a goal within a minute.
The thing I remember most about both our games against the Tuggers was how many fluky kicks landed in their players chests or floating through for goals.

Make no mistake, we were in both games up to our ears and we have the best team we've had all year in....we are a real red hot go for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was having a kick with my little mate, two magpies were sitting on the fence watching, I took that as a good sign too.
I just had a tooth extraction at the dentist leaving me toothless and driving out I see a magpie chilling in the sun. It’s coming home.

I just hope that after winning this we don’t think the GF is a formality, two big weeks, getting excited

“Our mentality this whole finals series has been ‘we’re not done yet,” Adams said.

“We have got eight more quarters of footy to get through before we reach our final goal.”

ab2ddee74df3123adcd06a6665f50234

Changes since last time:

The thing I remember the most from around 19 was that every time we threatened, for within a kick, they’d win the centre clearance and score a goal within a minute. They score quick goals in quick succession. Unless we wrest control and don’t allow easy, quick goals, and giant shifts in momentum, we’re a strong chance of pulling off a miracle here.

But our errors will be punished with interest, so need to play smart and not panic football.

Yep the thing I remember most was allowing Short to kick back to back long range goals hopefully we have him manned up for this one at all times. Always wished we had someone run off cox and do the same for us.

I think Shane Edwards is one we need to keep an eye on also, his meters gained especially via handball are miles in front of the next best in the league, nearly double.

What will be the plan for him DaVe86

I think it will be interesting to see where Martin plays. If he spends most time forward, then I don't think Greenwood is the best match-up for him. He kicked 3 goals on Greenwood last time, and was too strong and tall in marking contests.

Therefore, I'd run the tag on Edwards.

If Martin plays midfield, then you would have to run the tag on him. He is such a big game player, and we need to shut him out.

I think in essence we'll back in our midfield. We have a deeper midfield than Richmond, and are much higher ranked at contested possession. We just need to do it for 4 quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back