Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now fellas I hate to be negative but remember these comparisons from last year?

20190918_015010-jpg.748072

well in 2010 after their second flag in 09, Geelong lost their prelim after first losing the qualifying and then winning the semi...

We aren't Geelong.
We are the mighty Richmond Football Club.
3 premierships in four years, lets go!

Just don't want to see any dumb undisciplined frees or 50's paid against us.
Exactly, we know they will come out trying to be aggressive with all the talk all week about our unsociable footy etc , always the retaliator gets pinged , need to be focused as well as hard at it , but hard at it at the ball

you mean 2017 qualifying final eve... had full faith in the Tigers to thump GWS by the time it rolled around.
I'd say we were more shitting ourselves before the Geelong QF in 2017. Once we won that and removed that monkey, we had nothing to lose. by PF weekend Adelaide were the side with the expectations, GWS had injuries and Richmond was the fairy tale....... and Geelong were Geelong.

As for tonight, Port's position is very different from ours in 2017 (and more like ours in 2018). Minor premiers, home final, best team all year. all adds up to pressure. If they get up tonight all credit to them. Hopefully they don't.

Go Tiges!!

We're a pretty good team as well....
I know! Believe me I know, at our best we’re the bloody best in the competition, however we haven’t played our best yet this year, I really really hope tonight we do play our best.

After feeling negative earlier in the week, I’m now feeling quietly confident about our chances tonight.
With the shortened quarters I think the momentum of playing consecutive games over the last few weeks will be an advantage for us, considering it’s allowed Prestia and co more time to get back to their best, and also taking into account the Saints game wasn’t exactly a hard slog. The effect of only two games in a month on Port will be interesting to see, given a strong start to either side will likely be important to the result. We also have the players to match their midfield, which is their greatest strength. Neutralise their midfield, and their forwards won’t get a sniff, and their defence will break.
Port have immense pressure on them to win, this is their most important match for years and their greatest test this season. And they haven’t played us yet at anywhere near our best.
The bottom line is if we get our game going, especially early in the match, they will have to play better than they have all year to beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he is soft but i get what you mean. He's more a ball player, and in congestion is inclined to seek the ball on the outside unless caught in the thick of it. I think his problem is he'll be focusing so strongly on the ball - he gets thrown of the line easily by a player of similar build or bigger. His movement can be cat-like, but that seems to have evaded him recently for some reason.

Doesn't bother me if he plays, I just can't see who a weaker link would be to drop him for Chol.

That said, Ladhams and Lycett are big lumps of lads and should Nank get hurt early we might struggle to stay in the game after that. Sharking the oppo's tap-out might be something we do again and get Nank to preserve himself for more around the ground work where he is at least better than Lycett. Ladhams is better than many realise.

Port genuinely miss a Westoff type who can play back and front, so I expect either Port Ruck to play mostly off the back two thirds of the ground, dropping back quickly to help out. They have Dixon and Marshall who can more than adeptly ruck their forward half.

So there is a place for Chol, but for who?
Hmmmmmm maybe.
But they have made the right call.
Prelims are the hardest games in a season to win.
We need 22 committed Tigers out there.

Smalls need to have a blinder

George...goals please
same Rioli...goals
Lambo and Graham...chime in for a few

JR8 we need you To fire from here on mate
Worried about Lambo.
Seems to have lost a yard in pace.
Carrying something?

I'd say we were more shitting ourselves before the Geelong QF in 2017. Once we won that and removed that monkey, we had nothing to lose. by PF weekend Adelaide were the side with the expectations, GWS had injuries and Richmond was the fairy tale....... and Geelong were Geelong.

As for tonight, Port's position is very different from ours in 2017 (and more like ours in 2018). Minor premiers, home final, best team all year. all adds up to pressure. If they get up tonight all credit to them. Hopefully they don't.

Go Tiges!!
Was certain in 2017 we were getting straight seated if we lost the QF. Don't think I've been more nervous than that ever.
Last year's PF next for most nerves, couldn't eat after about 4.30, was running on empty in the third quarter lel

Now fellas I hate to be negative but remember these comparisons from last year?

20190918_015010-jpg.748072

well in 2010 after their second flag in 09, Geelong lost their prelim after first losing the qualifying and then winning the semi...
Well we lost that VFL premiership so I’m hoping that means we win this one in lieu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back