Unofficial Preview Preliminary final vs gws MCG Friday 22nd September @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway ffs

I'm hating the negative vibes of some collingwood supporters..

We are good

We deserve to make the big dance

The problem is, the supporters who go into games supremely confident of a favourable outcome …

… tend to be the supporters who toss their toys out of the cot and become unbearable if we lose.

Can’t shake this feeling that this game reeks of upset win against the odds

I really really really would have preferred to play Port.

Not sure what else to say. Fingers crossed we come out with an intensity befitting a Preliminary Final
I'm feeling more confident as the hours tick by. We finished on top for a reason. As Fly said you don't fluke minor premiership or finals wins. It seems many in the media are on the Giant's wagon and the more the merrier for me. I think our boys will be ready and will play with that ferocity and intensity which saw us sit on top for most of the year.

And I don't think it would be considered a huge upset. As Lloyd and co. said on the Sunday Footy Show, the Giants just don't have any weaknesses in any area of the ground.

Despite King and one or two others being fans of the Pies all year, I think the majority of the AFL community don't really rate us and are continually waiting for us to fall over so they can say, "See? Bloody pretenders!"

Bring it on, Pies!

Can’t shake this feeling that this game reeks of upset win against the odds

I really really really would have preferred to play Port.

Not sure what else to say. Fingers crossed we come out with an intensity befitting a Preliminary Final

Like the Melbourne game this is 50/50. It'll come down to moments in games, who can take their chances in goal and who turns it over the most.

If we can't beat GWS at the MCG then we don't deserve the flag anyway. There are no easy Prelims.

Nick will make us better for sure but I doubt he’ll dominate after such a long lay-off. I also think he will be tagged by the same guy that last night kept Zac Butters to just 9 touches in the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fly and Kingsley are the two best coaches right now.

I have confidence in this game
They play similar to us, but we do it better and for longer
As good as they are going, we've got more experience in the clinches and under pressure it shows
Plus I think the travel is a big factor, at worst we will stay in touch and run over the top of them
but i am expecting a patch of withering pressure where we put them to the sword

GWS have lost to both Pt Adelaide and Sydney the last few weeks, and Saturday they were playing an undermanned side when they won.

Beat Carltank in a dead rubber game too.

Got a feeling we get beaten this Friday night

giphy.gif

It was behind play, full elbow to the guts of Rozzee I think, I was wondering why at the time it happened it was treated by the commentators 'nothing to see here. I'm sure had it been a Pies player, it would of been aired 50 times....
Worth a week imo, but doubt it.
Careful what you wish for. We'll have someone do something worthy of a fine in the prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling more confident as the hours tick by. We finished on top for a reason. As Fly said you don't fluke minor premiership or finals wins. It seems many in the media are on the Giant's wagon and the more the merrier for me. I think our boys will be ready and will play with that ferocity and intensity which saw us sit on top for most of the year.

And I don't think it would be considered a huge upset. As Lloyd and co. said on the Sunday Footy Show, the Giants just don't have any weaknesses in any area of the ground.

Despite King and one or two others being fans of the Pies all year, I think the majority of the AFL community don't really rate us and are continually waiting for us to fall over so they can say, "See? Bloody pretenders!"

Bring it on, Pies!

I love our players, I really do …

… but I think we’re the least talented side of the sides remaining. What makes us the best side in the comp this year is that we are very well coached. I think Fly and co have managed to wring out every ounce of capability out of our players and organised them to be the best they can be.

The other teams have higher ceilings. And GWS (to a greater extent) and Carlton (to a lesser extent) are catching up. I’m hoping we get to the end of the season before they overtake us. Or that Fly has more tricks up his sleeve.

One thing I am very confident of, is that we’ll be the best we can be on Friday night. And if we prove to be good enough, then we’ll be our best selves again the Saturday after that.

There’ll be no “if only?” out of these game(s).

It’s all about winning and what we have to gain, too many people on here worried about losing something, boys have played awesome all year. If we lose we lose but just keep the faith, rolling over now and being sad about losing is for losers.

Celebrate this team, we finished on top, the crowd will be so biased and one sided in our favour and the boys will be up for it.

They thought Melbourne was a concern, Melbourne who?

… but I think we’re the least talented side of the sides remaining. What makes us the best side in the comp this year is that we are very well coached. I think Fly and co have managed to wring out every ounce of capability out of our players and organised them to be the best they can be.

The other teams have higher ceilings. And GWS (to a greater extent) and Carlton (to a lesser extent) are catching up. I’m hoping we get to the end of the season before they overtake us. Or that Fly has more tricks up his sleeve.

One thing I am very confident of, is that we’ll be the best we can be on Friday night. And if we prove to be good enough, then we’ll be our best selves again the Saturday after that.

Definitely our best shot at a flag before these teams start to overtake us. GWS, Carlton and Hawthorn should progress further next season

we have a lot going for us ...big home crowd at home ground ..nice rest ..their coming off 6 day break.and travel .we won 5 more games than the giants during home and away ..best player in AFL back in the team ...nearly full strength apart from Adams ..We will win

Attachments

• IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    826.7 KB · Views: 22

Would Keefe get a game with us ?

Do a comparison of A graders for each team at let’s see if we are the least talented.

I wouldn't say least talented myself

I probably have us third

1. Brisbane
2. GWS
3. Collingwood
4. Carlton

One could argue Carlton's Top 5 edges out our Top 5? But Carlton falls off a fairly steep cliff after the Top 5. I think we bat way way deeper.

I prefer to look at players when things aren't going well and I think Carlton's list gets exposed a little more when things aren't going well. I just reckon overall we're a bit more reliable.

Strangley not nervous , i know its only Monday. Just sensing last years experience helps us also, On top of the senior players we have roaming around in our 22.

Sidey was exceptional last week and gave Langdon a lesson in how to be a wing. Feeling Pendles will be primed this week. Checkers will do checkers things. Cox will be up and about and have a bit of confidence.

Not saying we are a sure thing to go all the way , but back what we've done and the players we have. Theres no glaring worry with injuries , especially with Naics back this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back