Unofficial Preview Preliminary final vs gws MCG Friday 22nd September @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the thought of going into the game with only one ruck?

GWS move the ball fast and well, maybe another runner?

Be gentle with replies as only a thought bubble.

I don’t see us doing it if Briggs is available.

I wouldn't say least talented myself

I probably have us third

1. Brisbane
2. GWS
3. Collingwood
4. Carlton

One could argue Carlton's Top 5 edges out our Top 5? But Carlton falls off a fairly steep cliff after the Top 5. I think we bat way way deeper.

I prefer to look at players when things aren't going well and I think Carlton's list gets exposed a little more when things aren't going well. I just reckon overall we're a bit more reliable.
There is no way I have us behind GWS. I think we're much more talented than Brisbane behind the ball too

It is a valid idea, but our selection committee seems to love the dual ruck setup, with the option of subbing one out if it becomes a point of weakness

So first King said Melbourne would beat us because reasons. Ignoring that we finished on top of the ladder and have been the best team all year

Now King is saying GWS will win also because reasons.

I was actually starting to respect King this year but it turns out he's really just like the rest of them which is a bit disappointing honestly.

See, unlike bandwagoners like King, I've rated GWS all season and I even rated them in the pre-season. I had Collingwood finishing 1st and GWS third. Lo and behold, that's basically exactly where both have finished for all intents and purposes.

But that's fine, it's not so much that he's jumped off Collingwood. I had serious doubt about us as far back as the North and West Coast games. But it's more that King is completely ignoring that we are in the fact the best team in the comp as of this moment and technically have been all year.

The way King sounds, you'd think we were the team that scraped into 7th playing against the Top of the table team

a bit late in the piece to be messing around with structure, I’m in favour of one ruck myself, but neither of our rucks are up to it, can’t see us changing now.

Briggs will get a jab and play but ain’t no way he’s not going to be impeded. Anything overhead he’s going to struggle.

He was sore….

With them coming off what is essentially a 5 day break with a couple of weeks worth of travel mixed in, I feel like we really need to take this game up to them physically. Crash and bash in at every opportunity and wear them down over 4 quarters.

I thought about one ruck as well but fly seems to like the dual ruck setup, also if we were to beat GWS we would need the 2 rucks the following week. I think we will go in with the 2 ruck setup.

So first King said Melbourne would beat us because reasons. Ignoring that we finished on top of the ladder and have been the best team all year

Now King is saying GWS will win also because reasons.

I was actually starting to respect King this year but it turns out he's really just like the rest of them which is a bit disappointing honestly.

See, unlike bandwagoners like King, I've rated GWS all season and I even rated them in the pre-season. I had Collingwood finishing 1st and GWS third. Lo and behold, that's basically exactly where both have finished for all intents and purposes.

But that's fine, it's not so much that he's jumped off Collingwood. I had serious doubt about us as far back as the North and West Coast games. But it's more that King is completely ignoring that we are in the fact the best team in the comp as of this moment and technically have been all year.

The way King sounds, you'd think we were the team that scraped into 7th playing against the Top of the table team
Yeah king is a weird one for mine, because for most of the year he has been on the pies, then some strange reason he jumped off after the port Adelaide win and has rubbished us since.

With them coming off what is essentially a 5 day break with a couple of weeks worth of travel mixed in, I feel like we really need to take this game up to them physically. Crash and bash in at every opportunity and wear them down over 4 quarters.
I think we'll bury them in the 1st 40 minutes

They def ran out of puff on the second half, let’s hope this happens again. There’s no doubt all the travel and short breaks will affect them. How much is the question.

The flip side is how much does playing 1 game in 3 weeks affect us.. I hope we don’t start flat. That’s always been the concern of the pre season bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bit late in the piece to be messing around with structure, I’m in favour of one ruck myself, but neither of our rucks are up to it, can’t see us changing now.
It's funny right, the issue of neither of our rucks being good enough to ruck solo has saved both of Cameron and Cox's spots in the side. I really dislike the two ruck setup but we're probably stuck with it out of necessity this year.

They def ran out of puff on the second half, let’s hope this happens again. There’s no doubt all the travel and short breaks will affect them. How much is the question.

The flip side is how much does playing 1 game in 3 weeks affect us.. I hope we don’t start flat. That’s always been the concern of the pre season bye

Well the first quarter was our best against Melbourne and that was after a break

I feel like our list is uniquely positioned to actually benefit from byes. I just think it's because of the sheer volume of both 30+ year olds and sub 22 year olds with not a tonne in between.

Well the first quarter was our best against Melbourne and that was after a break

I feel like our list is uniquely positioned to actually benefit from byes. I just think it's because of the sheer volume of both 30+ year olds and sub 22 year olds with not a tonne in between.
Much like Cats last year.

Haven't watched much GWS this year, have heard people talk about the orange tsunami etc.. and obviously Kingsley is also a Dimma disciple. Sounds like their game is quite similar to ours, what are the main similarities and differences between how they play vs how we play? I imagine their stoppage work is stronger than ours is?

The bye def goes both ways. We could argue it takes away advantage of finishing top, but ultimately it prob allowed Moore to play in the first final for us.

Haven't watched much GWS this year, have heard people talk about the orange tsunami etc.. and obviously Kingsley is also a Dimma disciple. Sounds like their game is quite similar to ours, what are the main similarities and differences between how they play vs how we play? I imagine their stoppage work is stronger than ours is?
Their stoppage work is better at centre stoppages, our work around the ground is better. Our I50 efficiency & shot accuracy is better than anyone over the last month. Similar principles in movement from D50 to F50, they get more territory but are erratic with their use.

Funnily enough, GWS is playing much like they did in their early years - relentless running of the ball, with potent talented forwards and goal-kicking mids. The big difference now though is that have a much harder edge and are much better defensively than they used to be.

They don't have obvious weaknesses, other than perhaps too much youth and inexperience. Hopefully the mental and physical fatigue of three finals in three weeks, and associated travel, catches up with them on Friday night.

I'm feeling more confident as the hours tick by. We finished on top for a reason. As Fly said you don't fluke minor premiership or finals wins. It seems many in the media are on the Giant's wagon and the more the merrier for me. I think our boys will be ready and will play with that ferocity and intensity which saw us sit on top for most of the year.

And I don't think it would be considered a huge upset. As Lloyd and co. said on the Sunday Footy Show, the Giants just don't have any weaknesses in any area of the ground.

Despite King and one or two others being fans of the Pies all year, I think the majority of the AFL community don't really rate us and are continually waiting for us to fall over so they can say, "See? Bloody pretenders!"

Bring it on, Pies!

Kingy has written us off. All over the Giants on SEN this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back