Preview Preliminary Final vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 16/10/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond left Chol out and went in unchanged, not sure if Hardwick is going to pull a late change or he's giving the ruck dominance we should get from Lycett and Ladhams against a midfielder or whoever else they throw in it. If they go in with that line up it's a advantage we can't waste.

I’m pumped up

I can’t wait for tomorrow night, Been a bloody long wait.

Glad he went in unchanged, I’m glad he backed in Marshall.

I hope we smash the crap out of them, and this sets us up for some sustained success.

We get over these blokes the flag is ours, I really rate our chances against Brisbane.

Richmond left Chol out and went in unchanged, not sure if Hardwick is going to pull a late change or he's giving the ruck dominance we should get from Lycett and Ladhams against a midfielder or whoever else they throw in it. If they go in with that line up it's a advantage we can't waste.
Chol is a very ordinary footballer who played an especially awful game v Brissie. They are better off without him

Jesus I wish I was that confident. Not sure it's quite warranted tbh.
Yeah it's crazy talk. You don't make the last 4 if you can't play, so if we want to get to the Gabba next week, we'll have to earn it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck tomorrow night Power fans, l think you guys will be to good for us. You’re in red hot form and deserve to go all the way, plus it will rub some more salt into the Crow wounds, which is always a joyful experience 😁. I lived in Adelaide for ten years and enjoyed Port vs Tigers games, you guys are real supporters. All the best and may the best team win. I hope it’s not windy🤣.

Good luck tomorrow night Power fans, l think you guys will be to good for us. You’re in red hot form and deserve to go all the way, plus it will rub some more salt into the Crow wounds, which is always a joyful experience 😁. I lived in Adelaide for ten years and enjoyed Port vs Tigers games, you guys are real supporters. All the best and may the best team win. I hope it’s not windy🤣.

Still feels 50/50 to me.

Still feels 50/50 to me.
Honestly it feels like 2018 against the Pies. I knew we weren’t going to win that game, Collingwood seemed hungrier and in better form, just like Port are right now. We are just a bit slow at the moment. I hope I’m wrong of course, but I’ll be surprised if we out play you guys.

I was thinking given our clear advantage in clearances wouldnt it make more sense to start by manning up their extra to take away their strength and try exploit the fact they need to be accountable.

If their defenders arent loose BUT are still Dixon conscious AND we're still winning the clearances that is gold in my book. I'd have Ladham, Dixon and Marshall making their talls all accountable and I'd have Ebert on Houli to challenge him in the air but also to sit on him defensively.

Incredibly from 15 wins, only 1 by under 10 points. I think that says a lot.

If manning up their spare, and they end up with 8 in defence all facing their goals, if/when they gain possession they can run in an organised chaos wave.

Whereas if it’s only 2 vs 3, there is more space in the forwardline and our other forwards setup 20-40 metres in front running towards the fall of the ball and our goals. In this situation Richmond defenders are much more vulnerable chasing our forwards and much less organised in attacking from defence.

I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"The very best sides will play the hardest brand of footy and we're going to overstep the mark sometimes.
"The game's going to be pretty volatile, going to a hostile environment against a very, very good opponent. We want to play on the edge."

This is Damien Hardwick. Sounds like Justin Langer. or Steve Waugh.
Successful leaders of successful teams.
Don't care about being liked.

Expect that we'll get on top early
Expect that they'll go the biff, either from a shirtfront / shoulder charge (Dustin Martin), head-high from the side (Trent Cotchin), or cheap shot from behind (Tom Lynch)
Expect that we'll stand up to them.
Expect that we'll win.
Expect that we'll be lodging an appeal against a suspension mid next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back