Review Preliminary Final vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

This team will belong to Rozee, Duursma and Butters very soon - it almost does already to be honest.

We need those three, along with the likes of DBJ, Houston, Burton, SPP, etc, to continue on their current trajectory. If that happens, we have a strong core of mid age players in a few years.
In a few years is the key point you make though while a third of the side drops off the age cliff.. it doesn't replenish that easy, I love our young players but I'll say it again the age demo is off and it's Hinkley Snake Oil it's next year or in a few more years hopefully.

How often do you see one side get reamed all night, or frees only pain one way (like dropping the ball... bit like last night actually) or gifted goals (like the deliberate last nigh) then just to get given a couple of cheapies that have no impact (often late in the game) just to manipulate the numbers ?
There were so many missed frees re holding the ball. I only got really upset at 2 frees paid against us and both were when players grabbed the ball but didn't have control of it, ball was going from hand to hand, were tackled the ball spills free and its called holding the ball, yet when same thing happened to richmond it was play on.

When Jonas tackled Lynch in the 3rd quarter, it wasn't the umpire closest to the play that paid the free.

I want to see the true honest missed frees stats, not the she'll be right that wasn't a missed free stats.

Last edited:

Really good weather today but.

Which reminds me ... RussellEbertHandball you've talked before about having players and gameplan to win the mid-winter slog games. Should we just build a team for those conditions year round? ;)
If we are struggling financially, we just offer for a nice fee, to play a game in drought stricken towns. We will bring the rain and turn back global warming.

Bit rude? I came on here becuase i know first hand what it is like to finish off a season in a disappointing way. 9th many times- once on percentage. losing 3finals in a row- then finishing bottom half of the table. I came here to genuinley congratulate you guys on a good match and a good season:shrug::shrug::shrug:
Mate, I don't really care. It was a joke.
I will always be grateful for 2017.
Tom Lynch didn't play for Richmond in 2017, so he can go * himself.

Anyway, I genuinely wish you luck in the GF. If you lose, I will go on the Richmond board and offer my heartfelt condolences because 'I know first hand what it is like to finish off a season in a disappointing way. 9th many times- once on percentage. losing 3 finals in a row - then finishing bottom half of the table'. Yellow and black!

Would you had congratulate us if you had lost?

Posts from Richmond supporters congratulating Port is condescending

You're fishing for praise, you don't give a fu** about Port's effort and season.
Yes i wouldve. I probably wouldve supported you guys against Geelong too

just saw that on the TV. Really disappointing because it does nothing but drag down the reputation for a great club

I'm sure Channel 7 will produce evidence that the guy is a crow's member. ;)

Who was the forwards coach during the prime Tredrea and Schulz/Wingard years.

There's basically no movement in our forward line.
Clarko was in 2004, pretty sure he also had that job in 2003. 1999 we only had 1 assistant for Choco - Phil Walsh.

In 2013 Ken had Budha Hocking as forwards coach, then 2014 after reunification he coached the Magpies and Tyson Edwards was the forwards coach for 2014 and 2015.

Not last night, the mids didn’t do their job. Best clearance team all year and got smashed last night.

Rozee passed when he shouldn’t have, Boak then kicks out in the full.
Burton doesn’t pass when he should.
Plenty of dropped marks and garbage entries I50 all night.
We had something like 50% more I50s, you shouldn’t lose in those circumstances.
Our forward game is bash/bomb the ball I50, get repeat entries this way, & hope to get a lucky goal, or some individual brilliance. Been like that most of Ken's tenure. We need QUALITY entries, so midfielders with better footskills, and a better forward structure. Hell, even as Port juniors we trained repeat leads & leading into the space created.

I'd like to see Marshall coached by someone with half a f***ing clue how to coach a forward line. 58 f***ing inside 50s in a shortened game. Noone should lose with those stats. Even though we lost clearances, we still got the ball in there. We have immensely talented players and it's just not bloody good enough. I hope to hell Bassett is NOT the forwards coach next year.
Sorry for the language.
Marshall has to pick up the phone and call Tredders. Tredders is a fan, but doesn't sugar coat his criticism of Todd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope to hell Bassett is NOT the forwards coach next year.
Sorry for the language.
Will Nicks make him an offer he can't refuse?? Hope so.

In the AFL, our third time of not making the GF after finishing top. We probably broke another wrong record again somehow. I remember we didn't make the SANFL GF in 1993 after finishing top. I don't think we did it any other time in the 70s onwards, so I wonder if it ever happen prior to the 70s. I feel like we need to win 3 flags from another position to make up for it.
This year was always going to produce some strange results. Over 4 seasons Richmond has been the best team. We were going to have to go thru them at some time.

He kicked it too early. Dixon had just started to lead towards CHF and the ball was sailing 25m away into the pocket
There was 15 seconds from the time the 50 was paid to the time Hartlett jogged to get to 20m from the man on the mark and he accelerated and kicked the ball 10m from the man on the mark.

The difference between winning and losing is very small.

It was there for the taking last night but we just weren't good enough. Football is a very simple game sometimes and at the end of the day, we came up 6 points short. I'm absolutely shattered, but it's not the end of the world. If Boak nailed that set shot, Duursma clunked that mark, Stevic didn't get a tap on the shoulder from the AFL at half time... it's very fine margins that determine the game but we need to build ourselves into a side strong enough that we make those margins irrelevant to the result. I think we can do it, but whether or not we will, we'll have to wait until September 2021 to see.

Well the VFL got the final they wanted.

Unfortunately we made too many mistakes last night and we couldn't get far enough ahead to prevent external parties from influencing the result.

I'm trying really hard not to point out any players in particular, but there's one that played last night that I want gone.
We really need to give Mead, Bergman, Hayes, Garner, Drew and Williams a go next year.

How many days until the first maggies game?
Looking forward to watching Jones tomorrow.

Last edited:
This team will belong to Rozee, Duursma and Butters very soon - it almost does already to be honest.

We need those three, along with the likes of DBJ, Houston, Burton, SPP, etc, to continue on their current trajectory. If that happens, we have a strong core of mid age players in a few years.

Agreed just finished the 3rd quarter, I thought we had the upper hand wasted our opportunities and missed out on a couple of non calls to Gray and Rozee, plus Boaks shocking miss. We should have gone in a couple of goals up really.

Rozee, Duursma, Butters definitely we’re our shining lights.

If Drew can get fit out mid core is Amon, SPP, DBJ, Houston, Drew, with Duursma, Zak and Rozee to kick into gear with Marshall and Ladhams.

It’s there.

Our forward entries and lack of composure in the last was our problem.

From a Lions supporter, if we beat Geelong tomorrow, we'll do our very best to flog the sh*t out of Richmond and shut up their feral supporters.

Will flatten Lynch out too, for extra measure!

Sorry everyone :(

It really is. I sort of want Geelong to win so Lynch doesnt mulligan another flag but...I mean, the absolute flogging fest in the media if Dangerfield wins a medal will last years.

I think I could handle the Sri home love feat over the Dangerfield Ablett mash channel 7 would create.

Plus they are roid cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back