Review Preliminary Final vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, is blazing long to Dixon any different from what we normally do? It's sort of the game plan. Would be odd to change it in the last 5 minutes of a prelim.
2017-19 we kicked it long to the bloody shithouse - ie wide to go out of bounds.
2020 - we kicked it bloody long to Charlie.

#marginaldifference

FMD - Bickley just said that Rozee and Wines were stuck on the bench for the last 7 minutes - I assume that's normal time not 7 minutes of 16 minutes of game time.

I vaguely remember something similar happening late in the 2014 PF. 3 or even 4 of our premiums trapped on the sideline hopelessly waving at guys to come off from 100 metres away.

That bit of play highlighted on afl 360 Boak definitely should have given off to Amon. However Dixon had Balta where he wanted him then Ladhams wants to join the party bringing Grimes with him. Finally Vlaustin was first to the crumbs ahead of a jogging Motlop and easily cleared under minimal pressure. All round disappointing.

Upset a St. Kilda fan today. He was trolling me about Port's loss on Friday night - I replied, "Well at least the highlights of our last premiership are in colour, and all our premiership players are still alive." If looks could kill, I'd now be pushing up daisies.

yeah *in good one man you got him bro haha

I like Lycett, he has an intangible aspect that lifts the team IMO

Watch the last quarter of the Tigers game again and see if you feel that way. Arguably cost us a flag.

Watch the last quarter of the Tigers game again and see if you feel that way. Arguably cost us a flag.
Cahn. Jesus we didn't lose because of one player. We killed our own momentum early on by not converting when we should have

Cahn. Jesus we didn't lose because of one player. We killed our own momentum early on by not converting when we should have

We lost because of their clearance dominance and their intercept marking in defence in that last quarter. Toby Nankervis was the biggest reason for both.

Ken and Bassett lost us the flag , our forward movements are trash , players will have bad quarters can't blame lycett for our entire loss, many players had average games , lycett did good but had a bad quarter , butters had a shocker and he was our top 5 player for the year. It happens

Zak Butters cost us a dynasty

Last edited:
You’re not entirely wrong, but when lycett had his opportunity in front of goal he Beatles it whilst Boak and Burton couldn’t. They take their chances we win.

Just like Hartlett after his 50m penalty and Boak not hitting Robbie with a short kick when going I50.

There are others who you can wear more of the blame than Lycett.

We lost because of their clearance dominance and their intercept marking in defence in that last quarter. Toby Nankervis was the biggest reason for both.
I’m not keen to go back and watch but I seem to remember a few shanks that fell straight down Nanks throat and a few midfielders running directly into him and being caught holding the ball. There was a collective culpability to his 4th quater.

You’re not entirely wrong, but when lycett had his opportunity in front of goal he Beatles it whilst Boak and Burton couldn’t. They take their chances we win.

Just like Hartlett after his 50m penalty and Boak not hitting Robbie with a short kick when going I50.

There are others who you can wear more of the blame than Lycett.
Collectively we saved our worst till last.

Watch the first half of the Tigers game again and witness Ladhams kill forward momentum 4 times by giving away 4 undisciplined free kicks.

We trade scooter and have Ladhams one out against nank? forget a flag we wont even make the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams was playing forward while scooter was in the ruck, where was pete providing a target around the ground or inside 50 when they were taking intercept marks and we needed a bail out of a target? How many drop marks did you count? He had 0 marks for the game yes donuts.

It’s hard to single out players as a reason for losing that prelim. It felt like the team as a collective had a pretty bad night, especially in comparison to the QF.

But for me the fact that we dominated the inside 50’s but got literally nothing out of our key forwards hurt us more than anything.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s hard to single out players as a reason for losing that prelim. It felt like the team as a collective had a pretty bad night, especially in comparison to the QF.

But for me the fact that we dominated the inside 50’s but got literally nothing out of our key forwards hurt us more than anything.

We reverted to the centralised, shallow bomb into the 50m which was picked off time and again.
We did not lower the eyes in the second half.

Watch the first half of the Tigers game again and witness Ladhams kill forward momentum 4 times by giving away 4 undisciplined free kicks.

We trade scooter and have Ladhams one out against nank? forget a flag we wont even make the top 10.

I don't want Ladhams leading our ruck next year either. I want Hayes.

We reverted to the centralised, shallow bomb into the 50m which was picked off time and again.
We did not lower the eyes in the second half.

We can’t win a premiership relying on all our goals coming from opportunistic, something out nothing, snaps, soccers, out the back, etc.

At some point we need to start getting more of your traditional lead, mark and goal.

For some reason the all Australian Dixon went missing in both finals and Marshall didn’t seem up to the task to fill the void.

Momentum is king. Always has been and always will.

I sense you are right, and this makes him trade bait. I wouldn’t trade him as I love having a healthy stock of talls, but I am a bit concerned he will become a jack of all trades master of none type player.

He's the best ruck/ Forward in the game. He compliments Lycett massively given he is normally out of gas after 3 quarters and they both offer different styles in the ruck. Both show a bit up forward. Anyone who thinks Nankervis won the battle because he won the last quarter is kidding themselves. We doubled their hitouts. Both our rucks kicked goals in a game where both teams kicked 6 goals. All Ladhams needs to develop into is a mid tier ruckman who can at least halve the battle against the best rucks and he'll be a star with the rest he offers. The guy is a more effective forward/ link man than Todd Marshall is at the moment.

He's the best ruck/ Forward in the game. He compliments Lycett massively given he is normally out of gas after 3 quarters and they both offer different styles in the ruck. Both show a bit up forward. Anyone who thinks Nankervis won the battle because he won the last quarter is kidding themselves. We doubled their hitouts. Both our rucks kicked goals in a game where both teams kicked 6 goals. All Ladhams needs to develop into is a mid tier ruckman who can at least halve the battle against the best rucks and he'll be a star with the rest he offers. The guy is a more effective forward/ link man than Todd Marshall is at the moment.

Hahahahaha.

Nankervis was voted best on ground mate! He was the difference maker in the last. What a ****ing ridiculous post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back