Review Preliminary Final vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Media all week riding Richmond

Stevic announced as umpire.

Hardwick personally thanking Stevic on the flight over on the loudspeaker.

3rd quarter every chance we got the umpires stopped it. Gray should’ve had a goal in the goal square after being dragged down.

AFL, VFL, Media, Commentators got exactly what they wanted.
Yes, I agree Gray should have got a goal in the goal square... by backing himself - instead he handpassed to an injured Backman. As much as it hurts, Port have no one to blame but themselves.

Commiserations guys, was a good game and should have been played a week from now imo. I hope Ebert is OK, acts like that command instant admiration and transcend what team you barrack for. All the best for next year, prelim losses are great motivators and will stand the team in good stead next year.

PS: please don't judge all tiger supporters by the acts of a few nuffies posting dumb s**t on here

I said it a couple of weeks ago I would trade Marshall.
I seriously don’t believe he’s up to it.
Port will keep him and posters here will say he plays a role up forward.
His role tonight in a cut throat final was 3 kicks and one point.
Trade him now while he’s still worth something.

Replay that game and who would you prefer...Todd Marshall, or Ben Brown?

Do a swap, and tell Dixon to stay away from Ben, who actually leads to the ball.

Our forward line is dysfunctional. Under Ken, and with Dumbo Dixon (possibly the dumbest player I've ever seen play) we are 1 dimensional where it matters

It‘s nice of the Chaplin family to visit the board.

Today really came down to a lack of composure from too many of our guys. Too many hacked kicks to an outnumbered forward line. Too many fumbles. Too many wasted opportunities.

In the past couple of weeks, it‘s been our older players who have been the most consistent, the ones who got it done. Tonight, apart from a burst from Robbie, they really didn’t. The other exceptions were Jonas and Lycett. All of our KPD’s had a good game.

I have some hope we will be in the mix again next year. Boak is not slowing down yet (I can’t type his name without thinking about that ******* shot of goal). Robbie built into the season and can still give us something. Ebert will have to be replaced but hopefully someone like Mitch will step up into that role.

Motlop and Rockliff need to be depth next year. For Motlop, one good game in half a season is not good enough. The pig has been good but tonight was horrifying.

As I’ve said, this was par. A reasonable, unexpected result. It was a grand chance missed though.

Will have a clearer head tommorow. Proud of the effort but that hurts. Think we did alot right this year. Think there's potential next year but we've got to make it happen. Be ruthless and make the right calls through the offseason. Good to make the improvement we did this year, but it's flag or fail next year.

Thought I would be gutted, but in the end just disappointed. Some crap umpiring decisions, but in the end we didnt handle the occasion well, and weren't good enough.
Two early misses for goal (Gray & Marshall)
Ladhams terrible first half, going stupid & giving away frees
Out-rucked in the last qtr
Out-roved in the last half
Rushed & fumbly ball-handling in the last

I could go on. And yet we still were a kick away with seconds to go! OK so some people are blaming the coach ... Give it away. This is the players to wear. They just didnt stick to what had been winning them games all year.

So some of the older blokes will move on ... But the young boys will grow from this loss. I am proud of what they accomplished this year, disappointed they couldnt go on with it, but very positive for the future!

Anyone who blames the umpires tonight are kidding themselves. We played a bloody good footy club who were more organised & composed when it mattered most.

Our young guys who played tonight will be better for the experience going forward. Throw in Georgiades, Williams, Mead, Bergman, Jones, Woodcock etc into the mix, & a couple of half decent recruits thats a bloody exciting group going forward.

Why i think our futures still bright.

We have yet to unleash our top pick from last years draft along with Williams/Mead. Pivotal FINALS experience gained to our current young guns Rozee/Duursma/Butters/Pep/Marshall/Ladhams. Another pre season to add kgs and not get off the ball so easy. We will add Jones + Schofield and others this year.

Would you rather a one off premiership and then a Western Bulldogs like slide or build a dynasty with developing young guns as Richmond have.

Replay that game and who would you prefer...Todd Marshall, or Ben Brown?

Do a swap, and tell Dixon to stay away from Ben, who actually leads to the ball.

Our forward line is dysfunctional. Under Ken, and with Dumbo Dixon (possibly the dumbest player I've ever seen play) we are 1 dimensional where it matters
With the way we entered forward 50 tonight it would make no difference.

Of all the contentious decisions paid against us this one was there. Hartlett had a stinker of a couple minutes which led to a goal against us and a very poor inside 50 in the dying stages. P

Since when have deliberates ever been paid when a player is diving under pressure and the ball splits 2 players 2 metres apart. Never. It was a bad call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the posts I have read from tigger supporters in this thread have been fair and reasonable, but all clubs have their share of d*ckheads, and waca, or w***er, or whatever he calls himself is clearly in the DH category, and I reckon there is a very strong chance he lives under a bridge. ;)

It came down to what it so often has come down to for us - composure in front of goal. Marshall, Gray and Boak all missed chances that were right in front. Nail one and we're playing extra time, two and we win the game. It was 2014 all over again, we didn't convert our early scoring opportunities and it came back to bite us on the arse.

Absoluely gutted.

Of all the contentious decisions paid against us this one was there. Hartlett had a stinker of a couple minutes which led to a goal against us and a very poor inside 50 in the dying stages. P
It was there the same way It’s there when a player deliberately takes the ball over the goal line for a kick out without any pressure on them, on a technical level it may be deliberate but they’re still hardly ever payed

Just look at Geelong, oldest 22 in history and one win away from a gf. Boak, Dixon, ByrneJones, Houston, Wines, Jonas, Clurey, McKenzie and Hartlett in career best form, Butters, Ladhams, Rozee, Marshall and Dursma on the rise, Gray not slowing down too much. Get a key defender in and I reckon they have another shot left in them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back