Preliminary Final - Western Bulldogs vs GWS - Meetup/March/Post Match thread (upd Wed PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL fired up that clip of Boyd’s midair hack and JJ’s run, which I remembered happened in front of us. Slowed it down and spotted me and my wife watching in mid hack.

View attachment 851293

You look for little joys in lockdown.

Lucky you, we were there but our seats were near GWS cheer squad, so we never got into any shots or footage.

Lucky you, we were there but our seats were near GWS cheer squad, so we never got into any shots or footage.
A family friend got his mug in everywhere throughout the finals campaign. Ended up on AFL.com.au’a front page hugging Bont with the premiership cup.

Shameless Like-fishing there BrisDog but how could I resist? Electrifying.

For all those people who bad-mouth JJ for his bruise-free footy (sometimes justifiably), that short passage of play justifies his place in the side and his long term contract. Especially when you think he went on to collect the Norm Smith Medal a week later.

Pace. Daring. Vision. He made it look simple but not many players could do what he did there. No JJ, no flag.

For all those people who bad-mouth JJ for his bruise-free footy (sometimes justifiably), that short passage of play justifies his place in the side and his long term contract. Especially when you think he went on to collect the Norm Smith Medal a week later.

Pace. Daring. Vision. He made it look simple but not many players could do what he did there. No JJ, no flag.

First quarter of the fundraiser game showed how dangerous he is when given space. Everyone played their part for sure.

How about first year player Dunkley standing up in a 110kg Mumford tackle to get the handball off?

It’s my most watched clip, ever.

correct - absolutely shameless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably the only one who gets depressed watching this.....I would have gone if it hadn't been for all the sheeite that was happening in my world at the time (don't get me wrong, I loved the win - I was where the screen shot at the pub they show).

Two possessions by Matthew Boyd in that passage of play made that goal possible.

I miss how tough our 2016 side was. They were so young but no side in the comp could push them around physically. Having a few tough old veterans in Boyd, Morris and Picken was essential. Didn't hurt having a bloke like Clay Smith around either.
That’s the one thing that stood out. Add in tough buggers like Libba and Dahl, and even though he wasn’t ‘tough’, Stringer was a beast and a bully inside the contest. That’s one thing our current side lacks, and we will need it come finals time.

Two possessions by Matthew Boyd in that passage of play made that goal possible.
Absolutely, but Boyd had relatively few detractors here (unlike JJ) especially after his conversion to HB by Bevo.

Spookily two of the last 7 posts times ended in 54. Odds of any post ending in 54 + 1:60.Odds of 2/7 ending in 54 ... errm very low???

@9:54 am
Absolutely, but Boyd had relatively few detractors here (unlike JJ) especially after his conversion to HB by Bevo.
@9:54
reconsider that last one

Only 53 likes for this, what's up with that?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back