stevothedevo

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2007
Leftfield
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
There are others?
Apologies if it has been announced but I couldn't find anything.. Now that both home teams for the prelims are known, what's the hold up with announcing a time and date for both prelim games? As long the semi final winners are giving a 7 day break and both prelim winners are also given a 7 day break for the granny, I can't see why the hold up. Would be good to plan things like work commitments, plane tickets, accom and what not. Even some eager semi final supporters might like to look ahead more than one week at a time.
And if we have to guess, what time date do you think the prelims will be?

Apologies if it has been announced but I couldn't find anything.. Now that both home teams for the prelims are known, what's the hold up with announcing a time and date for both prelim games? As long the semi final winners are giving a 7 day break and both prelim winners are also given a 7 day break for the granny, I can't see why the hold up. Would be good to plan things like work commitments, plane tickets, accom and what not. Even some eager semi final supporters might like to look ahead more than one week at a time.
And if we have to guess, what time date do you think the prelims will be?
It'll likely be 'Friday 16th, 7:50pm'

It'll likely be 'Friday 16th, 7:50pm'
Yeah I'm thinking that too but with the AFL giving Geelong their wish for the qualifying, I'm also thinking a super Saturday with a day and night prelim.
But yeah, Friday night looks odds on.

Yeah I'm thinking that too but with the AFL giving Geelong their wish for the qualifying, I'm also thinking a super Saturday with a day and night prelim.
But yeah, Friday night looks odds on.
It’s possible Geelong might have able to give a preference but there won’t be both games on the same day. The associated media outlets would lose a lot of money not being able to spread out their coverage.

I think the 7:50pm timeslot is too late but it’s a preliminary final so no matter what time it’s on I'm intending on going. But I live 25mins away from the G so I understand it’s more complicated for others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back