C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there camping allowed at this place called Gravey ???? Planning to leave Friday night so we can wake up and cook some breakfast and get ready to watch the 2's. After that, we might head off to the nearest pub for some frothies and lunch, will we be able to get pass outs ???? Hopefully be able to get back into the ground to watch the seniors and have some more frothies during the game. Might even camp there and leave for home on Monday Morning.
Might be a shock to most south of the river that we've been playing footy at the Garvey since the late 1970s. I understand it's not VAFA heartland, but it's actually quite hospitable :grinning:.

If you're there early enough, we will have bacon and egg rolls on sale (while stocks last). You can watch the match from the warmth of the the huge social room which has three tellies with everything from the races to whatever is on Kayo. We will have two coffee machines on the go, serving everything from latte to latte (maybe even a hot chocolate), the canteen is fully stocked, and the bar will be open after the 2s as per the VAFA rules. Whoever is your timekeeper will have one of the best views in the league.

As for the ground, it looks like great shape at the minute.

Just remember your passport for the checkpoint at Bell Street.

Might be a shock to most south of the river that we've been playing footy at the Garvey since the late 1970s. I understand it's not VAFA heartland, but it's actually quite hospitable :grinning:.

If you're there early enough, we will have bacon and egg rolls on sale (while stocks last). You can watch the match from the warmth of the the huge social room which has three tellies with everything from the races to whatever is on Kayo. We will have two coffee machines on the go, serving everything from latte to latte (maybe even a hot chocolate), the canteen is fully stocked, and the bar will be open after the 2s as per the VAFA rules. Whoever is your timekeeper will have one of the best views in the league.

Garvey is an excellent ground, plenty of warm up area outside although change rooms are small. Social rooms very good. School is fenced but ground is not fully fenced though so VAFA employ security as well to ensure people visiting school don't accidentally wander across to the footy.

Garvey is an excellent ground, plenty of warm up area outside although change rooms are small. Social rooms very good. School is fenced but ground is not fully fenced though so VAFA employ security as well to ensure people visiting school don't accidentally wander across to the footy.
I like to say the rooms aren't small, they're "retro" :D:D.

The home rooms are more than adequate. The away rooms are a bit smaller than modern ones, but far from the worst around. The away team are welcome to leave their bags in the area where our future gym will be if they want some extra space.

Thanks for the update, and hopefully the weather will stay fine for the game, i don't want my tent to blow away. Do you have to pass the fruit fly inspection at Bell St as well, also, the Eskies will be full with frothies. In all seriousness we are more disappointed with the decision to schedule the 2's at 9.20. It makes for an extremely long day for families and members, and would have been allot fairer to have the 2's at 12.00pm. Travelling aside, the VAFA certainly don't give district clubs any reasonable benefits.

I like to say the rooms aren't small, they're "retro" :D:D.

The home rooms are more than adequate. The away rooms are a bit smaller than modern ones, but far from the worst around. The away team are welcome to leave their bags in the area where our future gym will be if they want some extra space.
Yes definitely a retro charm to the changerooms. What's the schools position on a potential move to NFNL? Are they concerned about drinking on school grounds?

Thanks for the update, and hopefully the weather will stay fine for the game, i don't want my tent to blow away. Do you have to pass the fruit fly inspection at Bell St as well, also, the Eskies will be full with frothies. In all seriousness we are more disappointed with the decision to schedule the 2's at 9.20. It makes for an extremely long day for families and members, and would have been allot fairer to have the 2's at 12.00pm. Travelling aside, the VAFA certainly don't give district clubs any reasonable benefits.
:D:D👏👏

Is there camping allowed at this place called Gravey ???? Planning to leave Friday night so we can wake up and cook some breakfast and get ready to watch the 2's. After that, we might head off to the nearest pub for some frothies and lunch, will we be able to get pass outs ???? Hopefully be able to get back into the ground to watch the seniors and have some more frothies during the game. Might even camp there and leave for home on Monday Morning.

There is a Quest apartments at the nearby Uni Hill DFO. Nearest pub, you couldn't pay me to drink at the Bundoora Hotel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Old Camberwell? Having seen pegs and them in consecutive weeks
They play a physical game. But without Hart (knee injury) and Allen (OS), they were very gettable today. Milham was very much negated by our two ruckman. Fahey will have to go to 44, who is a star. Their backline isn’t super tall. 32 in the backline is a gun.

Ground was ok except middle was little uneven.

No real injuries on either team.

Twos were also happy to beat Mazenod.

A week off, but given next week is tipped to be 26, more than happy to have the rest.

They play a physical game. But without Hart (knee injury) and Allen (OS), they were very gettable today. Milham was very much negated by our two ruckman. Fahey will have to go to 44, who is a star. Their backline isn’t super tall. 32 in the backline is a gun.

Ground was ok except middle was little uneven.

No real injuries on either team.

Twos were also happy to beat Mazenod.

A week off, but given next week is tipped to be 26, more than happy to have the rest.
Two massive outs for Old Camberwell
32- Oliver is a gun. Not overly tall but a good intercept mark and runs off. He destroyed us last time we played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back