C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Game was won in first 15 min. Was like a replica of the AFL final series. Parkdale started much better.. won contested footy..were clean and got ball moving fwd.. made most of inside 50s
Pegs dominated second half but struggled to convert inside 50s
We were very Fenner conscious.. Parkdale just collapsed back and outnumbered us at fall of ball and worked ball out.
Was it the normal Pegs gameplan with the swich on all the time , that can be detrimental as it burns a fair bit of energy and can allow defenders to set up .

Was it the normal Pegs gameplan with the swich on all the time , that can be detrimental as it burns a fair bit of energy and can allow defenders to set up .
Spot on mate. Was first half chip chip trying to switch which parkdale took advantage of by setting up behind the ball and nullified well.

2nd half opened it up and turned the game by going quickly however just wasn’t quite enough and Parkdale still defended well.

Spot on mate. Was first half chip chip trying to switch which parkdale took advantage of by setting up behind the ball and nullified well.

2nd half opened it up and turned the game by going quickly however just wasn’t quite enough and Parkdale still defended well.
3 weeks ago a person on the runway told me they can't win a final with that gameplan

Fair. Did think Parkdale were far better for the first half though and could have been further ahead. Great effort to turn it around in the 2nd half and it does feel like a big opportunity missed…. Huge miss by the umpire when down 10 with a holding call deep inside 50, however thats footy.
Turn it up, PEGS got the benefit of most 50/50s especially after half time, it was like the umps were trying to even up the game. PEGS had their chances and were on a roll, but bad kicking for goals also cost them. Vultures deserved their win, led all day and would have been stiffed if they lost. Enjoyed the venue, good atmosphere, easy parking, canteen good, frothies cold at the bar, so credit to the host club, well done.

Turn it up, PEGS got the benefit of most 50/50s especially after half time, it was like the umps were trying to even up the game. PEGS had their chances and were on a roll, but bad kicking for goals also cost them. Vultures deserved their win, led all day and would have been stiffed if they lost. Enjoyed the venue, good atmosphere, easy parking, canteen good, frothies cold at the bar, so credit to the host club, well done.
Cmon BSA, sounds like you were drinking your supporters' kool aid. Hopefully we get some of the higher ranked umps as the finals series progresses

Cmon BSA, sounds like you were drinking your supporters' kool aid. Hopefully we get some of the higher ranked umps as the finals series progresses
Kool Aid with a bit of a mix goes well. Not quite sure how we are going to attack TBO with the frothies, might just have to hide the back pack in the trees ??? Good point about the higher ranked Umps, but i'm yet to be convinced about bias towards our friends from the Old Boys Brigade versus a District Club.

From my point of view watching the game, (take out scoreboard) Parkdale win the 1st qtr, second qtr is neutral and second half is completely PEGS. The game plan of switching the ball works and proved so in the second half when PEGS decided to just do it a lot quicker. Yes they were a bit Fenner conscious, but if they convert the easy opportunities they missed then they win. Also I've seen him take a lot of good clunks when we've played against PEGS but his hands weren't on that day and his goal kicking is shithouse.
credit to Parkdale, they just kept kicking goals against the flow to really put that scoreboard pressure on and keeping PEGS far enough away. Bad kicking is bad football and PEGS shot themselves in the foot so only have themselves to blame.

From my point of view watching the game, (take out scoreboard) Parkdale win the 1st qtr, second qtr is neutral and second half is completely PEGS. The game plan of switching the ball works and proved so in the second half when PEGS decided to just do it a lot quicker. Yes they were a bit Fenner conscious, but if they convert the easy opportunities they missed then they win. Also I've seen him take a lot of good clunks when we've played against PEGS but his hands weren't on that day and his goal kicking is shithouse.
credit to Parkdale, they just kept kicking goals against the flow to really put that scoreboard pressure on and keeping PEGS far enough away. Bad kicking is bad football and PEGS shot themselves in the foot so only have themselves to blame.

Good summary. To be fair though he kicks a lot more goals then he misses, Pegs should have played him up the ground missed a trick, onus is also on the player to adjust. Just a bad day to have an off day and as a result is a key reason didnt get over the line. Massive credit to Parkdale defence and coaching, was fantastic.

“2nd half completely Pegs” …mmm both teams 4 goals 2nd half 🤔

“2nd half completely Pegs” …mmm both teams 4 goals 2nd half 🤔
Not sure you can take the score out of the summary, football games are won on the scoreboard ? You also forgot to mention that PEGS backs doubled teamed Mccdermid, scragged and blocked him for most of the day, some serious frees missed by the umps ??? Parkdale outscored them in 3 quarters but PEGS came home with a run in the last. Both backlines were very good, Parkdale just had a few more goal kickers, and there was too much reliance on Fenner from PEGS. All in All, a good final at a good venue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you can take the score out of the summary, football games are won on the scoreboard ? You also forgot to mention that PEGS backs doubled teamed Mccdermid, scragged and blocked him for most of the day, some serious frees missed by the umps ??? Parkdale outscored them in 3 quarters but PEGS came home with a run in the last. Both backlines were very good, Parkdale just had a few more goal kickers, and there was too much reliance on Fenner from PEGS. All in All, a good final at a good venue.
I'm not saying Parkdale didn't deserve to win, because they definitely did. Just stating who I thought controlled the game qtr by qtr, do you disagree that PEGS controlled the second half?
if you were playing against the guy who's kicked the most goals in the comp for the year, wouldn't you do everything you can to negate that player?
And you cant blame PEGS for the umpires not paying free kicks can you? You could say the same about the pegs forwards and some of the missed freekicks going there way. Personally thought the umpiring wasn't too bad, always gonna get some contentious calls in any game.
Again.... a good game to watch and Parkdale did deserve to win.

Prem C

Team of the Year

FB Line. ? Jepson ?
HB Line. R Kennedy (O), Riddle, Oliver (Camb)
Centre Line. Powell, Carnovale, ?
HF Line. ? L. Thomas (Camb) Elcock (Park)
FF Line. Scuderi , Fenner (Pegs) MacDermid (Park)

Rucks Milham (Camb) , Naish, Murphy
Interchange. Verbi (Camb), ?,?,?

Must have played 8+ games and Old Ivanhoe unless otherwise stated.

Prem C

Team of the Year

FB Line. ? Jepson ?
FF Line. Scuderi , Boyce (Maz) MacDermid (Park)

Szydlik Ormond as well

Prem C

Team of the Year

FB Line. ? Jepson ?
FF Line. Scuderi , Fenner (Pegs) MacDermid (Park)

Can’t argue with that side. I’d have Bales in for Pegs as one of the defenders and also Hopkins Gamble from Parkdale #25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back