C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Murphy, a teacher. Took 7 years to get him back.
Riddle, Brother in law of Murphy
Naish, lives with club captain and when Wang was penalised. Thought why not.

All Old Boys.

20 of the 22 went to the school.
5 under 19’s including two still doing year 12.

A lot of work, some good luck and winning the 2nd Semi really helps.
That draw with you in round 4 hurt us , i reckon we kept Murphy in check that game , Naish was good . Interestingly we had 11 of that 22 missing at the end of the season !

Good summary, I heard from someone involved with our club that your under 19s also won the flag and looked super fit and well drilled, hopefully that group stay together and A grade will be around the corner for the Old Ivanhoe lads soon enough.
It will be a big ask.

Add the fact that the school won its first Football flag in 60 years. 7 of that premiership team either played seniors or under 19’s.

That draw with you in round 4 hurt us , i reckon we kept Murphy in check that game , Naish was good . Interestingly we had 11 of that 22 missing at the end of the season !
It did end up hurting you and yes, that game really taught us how to best use Murphy.

If the game had gone 3 more seconds OI would have won as our player was running into an open goal. Such is life.

Last edited:

It did end up hurting you and yes, that game really taught us how to best use Murphy.

If the game had gone 3 more seconds OI would have won as our player was running into an open goal. Such is life.
And if you didn't get that free 25 seconds to go we are still in C LOL

Have loved watching the Hoe this year and that backline Riddle/Jepson/Keogh/Nagel/Graham and someone I’ve forgotten absolutely elite .. Powell and Gibbs on the wings .. Naish and Murph on the ball .. Scud up forward .. just great to watch .. bring on 2024 !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have loved watching the Hoe this year and that backline Riddle/Jepson/Keogh/Nagel/Graham and someone I’ve forgotten absolutely elite .. Powell and Gibbs on the wings .. Naish and Murph on the ball .. Scud up forward .. just great to watch .. bring on 2024 !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Vacirca and Hooy in the backline.

Young Rattray-Wood and the even younger Watson have so much ups aide.😂😂

Any mention that Gieschen manages Naish which was the reason they finally landed a big fish after Grimley etc played elsewhere? Great to see them on the rise again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great story on Code sports on Old Ivanhoe and the coaching story of the Gieschens , no mention of Max though .
Good to see some publicity in general media for this level.
That's him, bottom right.;)

Clipboard01.jpeg

A true amateur player.

Will make them favourites for 2024.
It's not so long ago the Vultures were in quite a pickle. So it's an enormous credit to them that they have turned the club around to be very competitive and achieved it without undermining another club/s.

It's not so long ago the Vultures were in quite a pickle. So it's an enormous credit to them that they have turned the club around to be very competitive and achieved it without undermining another club/s.
I say many clubs in 2022 were undermined by a 20 game season last year.

Will be favourites if they keep their two ruckmen. Young kid is a gun.

Disadvantaged rather than undermined, Maxwell.

Owie seems to have them humming.
Personally I was happy we were playing OC not Parkdale. Just thought Parkdale’s forwards were a little more threatening.

After seeing how we played I think we would have accounted for either team.

I believe the ladder will look like this next year.

Parkdale
Hampton
PEGS
Carey
Mazenod
AJAX
Monash
Marcellin
Glen Eira
Oakleigh.

Max “Getting in early” Leader

Remove this Banner Ad