C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Old Carey have announced that they have a few former Carey schoolboys coming back to play, plus a couple of blokes coming back full-time from VFL.

I think promotion to B grade will be firmly in their minds and they are putting together a good side. Good luck to them, always been a good club from my limited dealings with them.

TOY out.

Scuderi stiff. Second on goal kicking and missed out. Reeve-Smyth a little lucky. Jackson Powell best consistent wingman in comp.

No Marcellin or Ormond.

Carey over represented.

Team looks like it lacks a little speed.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
TOY out.

Scuderi stiff. Second on goal kicking and missed out. Reeve-Smyth a little lucky. Jackson Powell best consistent wingman in comp.

No Marcellin or Ormond.

Carey over represented.

Just my opinion.
No Szydlik from Ormond , been one of the best in this grade for 4 years and polled in the medal . A coach from the grade under told me someone doesn't listen

TOY out.

No Marcellin or Ormond.

Carey over represented.

Just my opinion.
I wonder who picks these VAFA Teams of the Year in each section? I think in 2000-01 the VAFA tried their own version of the All Australian Team and it didn't work.

TOY out.

No Marcellin or Ormond.

Carey over represented.

Just my opinion.
Pretty harsh re Carey comment.

I see Old Carey have announced that they have a few former Carey schoolboys coming back to play, plus a couple of blokes coming back full-time from VFL.

I think promotion to B grade will be firmly in their minds and they are putting together a good side. Good luck to them, always been a good club from my limited dealings with them.
Some very good pick-ups by the Panthers. Hippster will be chuffed.

Braden Andrews: The versatile midfielder has committed to the Panthers full-time for the 2024 season. He spent time on Coburg’s VFL list this season.

Trent Warren: The key position prospect arrives at the club after three years in the VFL with Box Hill and Coburg. He previously played college basketball in the US.

Oli Simpson: Simpson returns to the Panthers where he will play alongside his brothers, Archer and Ed. He is expected to play on the wing or across halfback. He has most recently played with South Bendigo.

Lachy Godden: The 21-year-old has elected to play his footy full-time with the Panthers in 2024. In the last few years, he has played VFL footy for Essendon and Williamstown.

Bede Waters: An Old Carey graduate, the 20-year-old returns from a stint with Balwyn in the Eastern League.

Tom Jepson: After spending the year with Coburg in the VFL, Jepson is returning to the VFL on a full-time basis.

Some very good pick-ups by the Panthers. Hippster will be chuffed.

Braden Andrews: The versatile midfielder has committed to the Panthers full-time for the 2024 season. He spent time on Coburg’s VFL list this season.

Trent Warren: The key position prospect arrives at the club after three years in the VFL with Box Hill and Coburg. He previously played college basketball in the US.

Oli Simpson: Simpson returns to the Panthers where he will play alongside his brothers, Archer and Ed. He is expected to play on the wing or across halfback. He has most recently played with South Bendigo.

Lachy Godden: The 21-year-old has elected to play his footy full-time with the Panthers in 2024. In the last few years, he has played VFL footy for Essendon and Williamstown.

Bede Waters: An Old Carey graduate, the 20-year-old returns from a stint with Balwyn in the Eastern League.

Tom Jepson: After spending the year with Coburg in the VFL, Jepson is returning to the VFL on a full-time basis.
They were good to deal with , mightn't sse those colours for awhile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, now Chump. Just because your club didn't officially pay players doesn't mean the Panthers necessarily will.:rolleyes:

A "Chump will never stop posting here" M
Sorry my bad AM and a little churlish on my behalf to be honest.

That said, interestingly I hear our list management team have uncovered some information re players 'playing for nothing' as we have spoken to them when building our list for the NFNL. Who would think it eh? Gosh!

Now we are not interested in making any anonymous tips to the VAFA about this - but some on here that are gregarious in their own clubs superiority should potentially just temper one's enthusiasm a touch.

Good luck to all I say - but suggesting clubs don't 'pay' in the VAFA is like suggesting the current board will all be at a big Xmas lunch together this year.

Chump 🏆

At least Ivanhoe won't be on the hook for legal fees for spats between board members anymore, Chump!

In all seriousness though - hope that gets sorted out and not at the cost of clubs. Not fair on all the volunteers who bust their backsides for nothing to then see money run out the door for that sort of thing. Feel very sorry for the many great people in the VAFA who again find themselves dealing with boardroom challenges.

Chump 🏆

Last edited:
Sorry my bad AM and a little churlish on my behalf to be honest.

That said, interestingly I hear our list management team have uncovered some information re players 'playing for nothing' as we have spoken to them when building our list for the NFNL. Who would think it eh? Gosh!

Now we are not interested in making any anonymous tips to the VAFA about this - but some on here that are gregarious in their own clubs superiority should potentially just temper one's enthusiasm a touch.

Good luck to all I say - but suggesting clubs don't 'pay' in the VAFA is like suggesting the current board will all be at a big Xmas lunch together this year.

Chump 🏆
Interestingly also Chump during my committee days, a few players were "marketing" themselves in the off season to the local EFL clubs. Informing their suitor that they needed to beat their current VAFA clubs renumeration....didn't think it would be too hard to be beat zero, but there you had it....

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back