C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see GE coach in Cambodia volunteering to build thatched roofs at New hope for Cambodian children. Jon seems to manage doing this type of thing in Asia. Top stuff.
Yes saw that on the book , good on him ,great stuff i know people that went with him to Ceylon and said he was outstanding , well done Phant

Glen Eira/Old McKinnon are also increasing their profile of players from Wagga Wagga with three new signings. Rhett Weidermann and Darcy Irvine from Turvey Park's premiership team and Sam Foley from runners up the Griffith Swans. These boys come down and join the Carey bros, Ben Gillett, Lachlan Myers (last years' B and F), Bill Alexnader and Connor Huthwaite.

Two growth areas for Glen Eira Old Mckinnon are the progressive improvement of the old boys from Mckinnon SC as indicated by the two under 19 teams, in the very competitive Bentleigh/Carnegie area and the association with Wagga Wagga. Hopefully that holds the Club in good stead in Prem C this year.
Great to see they have recruited. Still think they will struggle as the gap between the C grade finals and Div 1 finals last year when I watched was unlike anything I’ve seen.

Great to see they have recruited. Still think they will struggle as the gap between the C grade finals and Div 1 finals last year when I watched was unlike anything I’ve seen.

From someone closer to the club but now a relative outsider. I expect us to sit anywhere from 3rd to 6th when all is said and done.

From someone closer to the club but now a relative outsider. I expect us to sit anywhere from 3rd to 6th when all is said and done.
Big call, 2 new sides dropping down at 1-2 have to presume. + Carey, Pegs and Parkdale….. don’t see a world Glen Eira can possibly be in the same convo as them.

Not to mention other sides who will improve such as Hampton etc. Happy to be proven wrong, just know they are coming from a mile off.

A slight detour. There was a poster from your club with the username "rosejam"

Enjoyed his/her posting. The person was ardent but reasonable with it, unlike (insert name here);)

Hasn't posted for quite some time. Do you know to whom I'm referring and why the absence?

A slight detour. There was a poster from your club with the username "rosejam"

Enjoyed his/her posting. The person was ardent but reasonable with it, unlike (insert name here);)

Hasn't posted for quite some time. Do you know to whom I'm referring and why the absence?
That was also me.

Signed up under this name to make it easier for people to identify who I am as I was sick of the anonymous keyboard warriors like GI.

Big call, 2 new sides dropping down at 1-2 have to presume. + Carey, Pegs and Parkdale….. don’t see a world Glen Eira can possibly be in the same convo as them.

Not to mention other sides who will improve such as Hampton etc. Happy to be proven wrong, just know they are coming from a mile off.
2024 Predictions

Parkdale
OC
HR
PEGS
MB
Maz
Ajax
GIMxK+
Oak
Marc

Just my thoughts from afar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampton 3rd! Big improvers. You aren’t wrong often Max…. Will keep an eye out. Definitely think they’ll improve a lot, good club.
Great club although the natural enemy , off the ground very good . Sadly they will have no rooms as they have the best lunches in the VAFA

Why presume the 2 sides dropping down take 1-2 on the ladder. 2 wins between them in B grade and against one another. Interested to read your thoughts on this.

Why presume the 2 sides dropping down take 1-2 on the ladder. 2 wins between them in B grade and against one another. Interested to read your thoughts on this.
Always been of the belief that the 2 sides going down are the ones to beat until proven otherwise.

Monash absolutely tore C grade up in 2022 and Ajax have always been a B/C grade club.

Totally agree that they were both unconvincing in B grade, however the drop from B to C grade is quite significant.

Always been of the belief that the 2 sides going down are the ones to beat until proven otherwise.

Monash absolutely tore C grade up in 2022 and Ajax have always been a B/C grade club.

Totally agree that they were both unconvincing in B grade, however the drop from B to C grade is quite significant.

I find distinction between grades an interesting topic.

Logically if the difference between B grade and C grade is quite significant then it is likely the difference between C grade and D1 isn't that significant.

My personal view (without any stats to back it up) is that on average

1. a premiership side is likely to sit just outside of finals in the division above

and

2. a relegated side is likely to sit just above the relegation battle in the division below.

Now if momentum is strong either in your climb or fall the it is possible to creep into finals or relegation respectively as it is likely your playing list is following momentum from a recruitment and departures perspective.

Hence my view that GE will likely sit just in or out of finals. I know they have recruited well and have strong returning players as well.

Logically if the difference between B grade and C grade is quite significant then it is likely the difference between C grade and D1 isn't that significant.

1. a premiership side is likely to sit just outside of finals in the division above

and

2. a relegated side is likely to sit just above the relegation battle in the division below.

Now if momentum is strong either in your climb or fall the it is possible to creep into finals or relegation respectively as it is likely your playing list is following momentum from a recruitment and departures perspective.

Hence my view that GE will likely sit just in or out of finals. I know they have recruited well and have strong returning players as well.
Good post Jim , nice to have some sensible talk . Then we have Old Camberwell who have had a double promotion and haven't won the big one

and

Good comment Jimmy. From my experience winning a flag and going up a division especially to a premier one may tend to attract players who see positive prospects. On the other hand getting relegated has the opposite effect in trying to attract quality recruits. GE have done well recruiting and the return of some very good players plus having reserves and under 19s in finals may give them a crack at the top half of C grade.

Totally understand the arguments that the teams dropping down may not be a lock for finals.

Just think it’s safer to presume they will be at the pointy end rather then not.

In regards to Glen Eira, they are a good club and have certainly proven doubters wrong the past few years. I am basing the opinion that the 2 sides coming up won’t be contenders as the finals i watched in d1 were below average. Could have just been a bad day? Or maybe the gap is large.

Totally understand the arguments that the teams dropping down may not be a lock for finals.

Just think it’s safer to presume they will be at the pointy end rather then not.

In regards to Glen Eira, they are a good club and have certainly proven doubters wrong the past few years. I am basing the opinion that the 2 sides coming up won’t be contenders as the finals i watched in d1 were below average. Could have just been a bad day? Or maybe the gap is large.

Perhaps a bad day, perhaps confirmation bias?

It would seem unlikely that the gap between B and C is large AND the gap between C and D1 is also large.

That would make C grade a unique 'goldilocks zone'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back