C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps a bad day, perhaps confirmation bias?

It would seem unlikely that the gap between B and C is large AND the gap between C and D1 is also large.

That would make C grade a unique 'goldilocks zone'
The gap between C and B is as much physical as mental.

OGS went up with a positive attitude. Monash not so much (players not club).

Need to retain GF team plus more to contend.

Also depends on who is coming down from Prem A. If teams come down with a positive attitude then it makes life tougher for the Prem C teams.

Totally understand the arguments that the teams dropping down may not be a lock for finals.

Just think it’s safer to presume they will be at the pointy end rather then not.

In regards to Glen Eira, they are a good club and have certainly proven doubters wrong the past few years. I am basing the opinion that the 2 sides coming up won’t be contenders as the finals i watched in d1 were below average. Could have just been a bad day? Or maybe the gap is large.
The GE vs UHS Semi-Final was one of the worst matches I watched all year from a Glen Eira perspective in terms of performance (100+ point belting at the hands of Oakleigh in the last round not included :straining:).
On the flip side, in the GF (Especially the third quarter) I saw some very bloody good footy as they put Oakleigh to the sword.

The GE vs UHS Semi-Final was one of the worst matches I watched all year from a Glen Eira perspective in terms of performance (100+ point belting at the hands of Oakleigh in the last round not included :straining:).
On the flip side, in the GF (Especially the third quarter) I saw some very bloody good footy as they put Oakleigh to the sword.
It was an amazing 3rd Q and Oakleigh looked like a team that had gone up a division , they will go straight back

There's a lot of early sh*t posted here, particularly by the +- GE crew but just remember it is December. Who knows how the recruitment or retention are going with Ajax and Monash. possibly the only certainty is that Parkdale will be strong. 3rd with a young developing group and adding Mitch Brown

There's a lot of early sh*t posted here, particularly by the +- GE crew but just remember it is December. Who knows how the recruitment or retention are going with Ajax and Monash. possibly the only certainty is that Parkdale will be strong. 3rd with a young developing group and adding Mitch Brown
Carey will be red hot with several VFL recruits and Pegs have retained a lot of core 22 from last year. Other then that couldn’t tell you about any other club, not to mention the Europe travel factor that will no doubt play a part.

As you said only December 👍

I don't think that's lost on anyone but if we waited until the pecking order is obvious it's not really worth discussing.

The +- Glen eira bit can get tiring at times but what would improve that is more contributions from people involved at other clubs more so than less discussion from those participating.

I don't think that's lost on anyone but if we waited until the pecking order is obvious it's not really worth discussing.

The +- Glen eira bit can get tiring at times but what would improve that is more contributions from people involved at other clubs more so than less discussion from those participating.
The constant GE crap is driven by Gun Island and Phantom both should pipe down, everyone has had a gutful. Perhaps if there was less crap from these two more from other clubs would contribute.

The constant GE crap is driven by Gun Island and Phantom both should pipe down, everyone has had a gutful. Perhaps if there was less crap from these two more from other clubs would contribute.
it has its own dedicated thread too the bitching should move over there

Correct , i don't like the way they go about it and have friends there as well , but those 2 are pathetic . Both should have a spell

Apologies, it’s the ignorance by the phantom that fires me up . Just thinks they can do whatever they like with no morals , especially off the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies, it’s the ignorance by the phantom that fires me up . Just thinks they can do whatever they like with no morals , especially off the ground.

There is no ignorance by Phanto he just has a different opinion to you. You are constantly trying to bully him into your "truth?"

Your apologies immediately followed by the accusation & BUT show you don't have the capacity to stand down yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been of the belief that the 2 sides going down are the ones to beat until proven otherwise.

Monash absolutely tore C grade up in 2022 and Ajax have always been a B/C grade club.

Totally agree that they were both unconvincing in B grade, however the drop from B to C grade is quite significant.
Monash 1 win seniors in Prem B, 1 win Reserves and U/19's 2 wins in Div 2 U/19's. They are a very different outfit than 2022 and would need to get some premiership stars back or recruit extremely well to play finals in 24 in Prem C one would think.

Last edited:
We don't need a bullsh!t thread we just need GI and Phantom to start their own thread between the two of them. Neither has anything that anyone wants to read especially GI. At least Phantom has a club that he is affiliated with and has served as a volunteer unlike GI.

FYI I’ve had something to do with both clubs as a parent, Glen Eira is in C Grade so it is a topic of discussion. .

FYI I’ve had something to do with both clubs as a parent, Glen Eira is in C Grade so it is a topic of discussion. .

Do we have to have the same conversation over and over though?

We get it. Your kids didn't like the place- no idea who they were but based on the way you have behaved on here I'm not surprised.

Your vague, anonymous and unsubstantiated sniping doesnt reach the bar of 'discussion'

Do we have to have the same conversation over and over though?

We get it. Your kids didn't like the place- no idea who they were but based on the way you have behaved on here I'm not surprised.

Your vague, anonymous and unsubstantiated sniping doesnt reach the bar of 'discussion'
Yes Jimmy , maybe don't give him or her any acknowledgement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back