C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Carey too good for the Gryphons in both grades yesterday, but have to give a wrap to the senior umps. Probably the most consistent umpiring I have seen for some time.

I disagree DHF.

The umpiring has been fantastic at every game this season apart from Saturday.

I think it had to do with the umpires being wired up to the umpire's advisor in the crowd. Its hard enough to make decisions with 36 players around you, let alone someone in your ear telling you what to do.

A couple of the deliberate out of bounds were horrible.

I don't think the umpires favored either side, but I thought they were well below the standard we have had in earlier games.

I disagree DHF.

The umpiring has been fantastic at every game this season apart from Saturday.

I think it had to do with the umpires being wired up to the umpire's advisor in the crowd. Its hard enough to make decisions with 36 players around you, let alone someone in your ear telling you what to do.

A couple of the deliberate out of bounds were horrible.

I don't think the umpires favored either side, but I thought they were well below the standard we have had in earlier games.
Out of bounds must've been rule of the week

Excellent umpiring except for the stupid out of bounds rule. No favouritism in the game. GE outclassed. Top four a class above.
Unlike Prem A and B there are two distinct gaps at the moment- top 4- Mazenod, PEGS, bottom 4. If anyone is going to bridge any of those gaps it will have to be in the next few weeks. Mazenod and PEGS have the chance this week to do that however if they don't, even this early in the season, it may be edging towards too big a gap. Glen Eira also has a chance to open up a bit of a gap themselves in an '8 point' game against Monash

Unlike Prem A and B there are two distinct gaps at the moment- top 4- Mazenod, PEGS, bottom 4. If anyone is going to bridge any of those gaps it will have to be in the next few weeks. Mazenod and PEGS have the chance this week to do that however if they don't, even this early in the season, it may be edging towards too big a gap. Glen Eira also has a chance to open up a bit of a gap themselves in an '8 point' game against Monash
The Combine will destroy Monash

Round 8 Tips

AJAX v Mazenod
Monash v Glen Eira
Hampton
v Marcellin
Old Carey v Oakleigh
PEGS v Parkdale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very scrappy game from both sides on Saturday.
Monash took back the lead with 5 minutes to go but couldn't hold on.

Hadn't been there for a while, great facilities but no canteen.

Happy to take the win and move on to the Rovers next game. We would want to play a lot better than that otherwise it will be a 100+ point smacking.

Happy to take the win and move on to the Rovers next game. We would want to play a lot better than that otherwise it will be a 100+ point smacking.
Bit of a walk to a Schnitz up the stairs , they would be cheaper than a Kew ham and salad roll

Yep, the uni had plenty of food options, Schnitz, Guzman y Gomez, Cafes, supermarkets.

The cafe up the stairs had toasted Sandwiches for $15-$16, must be a lot of cashed up students willing to pay that price.
there's a fish and chip shop not far from the GYG. they make pretty good burgers and would easily be the cheapest option on campus. don't know if they're open saturdays though

Normally do a $5 all you can eat arvo tea but didn’t get this going on Saturday unfortunately. We got our 2 best players back on the park after long injury outs but even with them we couldn’t get any fluent play going. Well done to the Gryphs, 3 wins is a good effort so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back