Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, then we'd better be prepared for that eventuality! GC are more than capable of playing really good football and rolling us. If it happens, it happens. Overall, this is now a new team. One thing I want to see is promise for the future. If that means we have to suffer in the short term, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this.

You know this.

Close losses make people nuts.

Another one and I reckon we move pretty close to Melbourneesque abuse hurling.

So who thinks we will win? Thoughts on matchups?

Ablett not the same player so does anyone run with him? Wouldn't mind going head to head with their midfield. Back in the newer look. Martin, Hall, Saad all going ok. GC are ranked 1 for clearances this year....

Lynch will be hard to contain if he gets good delivery. Who gets him and then who goes to Wright?

I think this will be our first win but really unsure what to expect from GC. Beaten us 3 of the last 4 games including a belting at the only game at Etihad in recent history.
Tarrant has the size and strength to go with lynch.
Wright is inconsistent so i think hansen can handle him.
Thompson and EVW to offer a chop out when needed.

My biggest worry is their pace. If we don't close down saad, hall, and harbrow we are in for a long long night. Our forward pressure needs to be on point because if we are in trouble if they run it out like the dockers did.
Hopefully jy and turner can keep them busy going the other way.

I have a good feeling mason is going to have kick a bag of 5.

Watching the Barassi 1795 GF 3/4 time speech at the 3/4 break at home games on the big screens. Pumped for a big last quarter. Then we get rolled. Happens all the time.

You know what we should do? We should try playing Kanga Kennedy's "do something!" speech from the same game. It had absolutely no effect and the Hawks got smashed.

So we'd win by 10 goals.

Jokes aside, Bigfooty is pretty popular, and definitely a good avenue for supporter opinion. Would confidently make the assumption that club staff would read these boards. Would definitely go as far as to say that a small percentage of players would visit this site frequently as well

That's probably true, but the club isn't going to be making decisions based on anything other than their own assessment of whats going on. And fair enough too.

Flattering as it might be to think we influence whats going on if they were letting the opinions of people on here dictate selection policy then that is a far bigger reason to Sack Scotts!!! and Co!!! than anything that has happened yet.

If we lose this I get a sense of a fair amount of vitriol spewing from the stands.

Lose and we will likely hit a point of uncontainable anger from a lot of fans. Especially if we get run over the top of.

I get that impression.

We'll get our 20k like I mentioned previously.

Two games played at ES, 5 at Metricon.

Round 5, Etihad Stadium, Attendance: 17680 Saturday, 28th April 2012, 4:40 PM AEST
Round 7, Etihad Stadium, Attendance: 19819 Sunday, 4th May 2014, 1:10 PM AEST

You know alot more about football than i do if we get 20k GR.
I reckon we will be lucky to get 17K

Why is everyone so excited about Jed Anderson? Every time he has played he has been a massive liability.

Cos he’s gonna rip it up this year. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know alot more about football than i do if we get 20k GR.
I reckon we will be lucky to get 17K

A genuine test then. We will get hammered if we get anything less than 20k for a club that had 45k members just last year.

Why is everyone so excited about Jed Anderson? Every time he has played he has been a massive liability.

I feel like he hasn't had a real go at it yet. He started to show a bit by the end of the year imo and his VFL form has been consistent enough to suggest he'll be able to play inside like Swallow did but also generate some pace or at least that he deserves a chance to see if he can.

Better to read this way than the nested tweets.

Ziebell: We’ve been in every game this year at points and should have capitalised on some but we didn’t #NMFCMedia
Ziebell: We do a lot of work in training on game play situations and that’s what we’ll look to execute a lot better in the future #NMFCMedia
Ziebell: It’s disappointing for Andrew (Swallow) to not be in the side this week. I expect him to be back in the team quickly
Ziebell: Lindsay’s been in this position before and responded really well, so we’ll look for him to do the same this time
Ziebell: It (team changes) sends a message to everyone at the footy club that there’s no individual that’s bigger than the club
Ziebell: For our young guys it’s a pretty powerful message and we’ve got a lot of guys who are doing really well in the VFL

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back