Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides the obvious of Thomas and Swallow I would like to see Thompson dropped too.

He's been ok the past fortnight, but his head burrowing shtick is getting tiresome and a couple of times he spoiled the ball when he could of marked.
And thats not good enough for a experienced player.

Bring in a younger guy for his personal development and for the good of the clubs future

Last edited:
When the fixture comes out and it's a 5 hour round trip you do look at the games you think you will make it and the Gold Coast Saturday night game was always going to be a pain in the neck game to attend.

Don't do it.

Stay home.

GC will flog us.

Classy.

How about having some balls and showing up?

Don't give me this hard to watch bullshit.

You know what's hard to watch? 10 goal floggings. The players are busting their arse and your way of thanks is to not show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, Goldy, Brown, maybe all out injured ? Hansen a week from the MRP. Higgins still tight hammie ?

Means.......not alot of changes or, playing blokes at 75%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classy.

How about having some balls and showing up?

Don't give me this hard to watch bullshit.

You know what's hard to watch? 10 goal floggings. The players are busting their arse and your way of thanks is to not show up.

Thanks Brad.

I want everyone to stay away, only then will the real s**t stains be forced out.

Thomas crap player, always has been a dirty sniper cheat and fraud.

Swallow & Squibson diabolical.

If they had any dignity, they retire.

Scotts over arching legacy is a 1-11 record in games decided by 1-3 points.

Last edited:
Sacrifice one training session and instead have a session with psychologists on why we are so mentally fragile. The coach and assistants should participate in the session.

I actually think there should be no team training for the week, all individual skills and strategy. Like a crash course on AFL.

I'm not exactly for the play the kids religiously model, but I think it's quite clear that kids could offer more than swallow and Thomas in their current roles.

Both seem cooked and aren't helping us win games one iota, may as well be playing someone who can learn his craft.

2011, or what ever the yips year, was god awful for Lindsay. But this surely has been his worst season to date.

Playing more kids isn't going to help us with the fade outs.

We need our leaders & experienced players to stand up when it matters. We really don't have any other options.

Just have the kahunas to pick a side based on form.

Credits in the bank/lacking confidence is for the vfl.

Show some stones please.

In: Higgins Clarke Anderson pruess
Out: swallow(omitted), Thomas(omitted), Turner(omitted), Goldy(spell)

I feel that we run with too many small forwards as is. Turner stiff but needs to find more of the pill and you need to give these blokes the fire in the belly when performing in vfl.

Two mids in Clarke and Higgo in, one half forward who's been getting decent numbers in the vfl and a like for like ruckman. Goldy needs a rest. Hate having to use browny as a chop out but for balance sakes you can't play maj.

Think the backline is the least of our problems ATM. Scotty Thompson on thin ice but durds needs to get past lachie/taz for a spot rather than hunter. VW has his eyes on that one
I would persist with Turner as our small forwards don't appear to be firing, everything else I agree with 100%

Thanks Brad.

I want everyone to stay away, only then will the real s**t stains be forced out.

Thomas crap player, always has been a dirty sniper cheat and fraud.

Ditto Swallow. Ditto Squibson.

If they had any dignity, they retire.

Scotts over arching legacy is a 1-11 record in games decided by 1-3 points.
Swallow hasn't been great but he certainly isn't what you are suggesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing more kids isn't going to help us with the fade outs.

We need our leaders & experienced players to stand up when it matters. We really don't have any other options.
Anderson is hardly a kid, and i am almost certain that he could offer ( proving he is fit) more than Andrew Swallow has based on the last 18 months. possibly his inside grunt isn't quite up to that of Swallows but whats the point of getting a hard ball when you hold it in end up just giving away a holding the ball decision or worse still spill it to the advantage on an opposition mid? I would argue that his only effective possession was the one where he kicked it so high there was time to organise the Nuremberg rallys to assemble where it landed and one other handball in the general direction of a team mate. other than that the other highlight being a well taken mark which was wasted with a terrible set shot.

We need a couple of changes, but no point to playing too many young kids and getting flogged. I didn't see the game but obviously we played well for nearly all of the match. So barring injury changes, we should reward form in the VFL even if supporters at the game were underwhelmed by our younger players.
Perhaps Clarke or Anderson for Swallow, and given Thomas is out of form bring in Wagner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back