Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Higgins, Daw, Clarke, Preuss, Anderson
Out: Turner, Thomas, Swallow, Atley, Goldstein (inj)

Turner stiff but needs to find more of the ball, we desperately miss having another forward who can bring our long bombs to ground.

GROW SOME BALLS NORTH AND DROP THE PLAYERS THAT DONT DESERVE IT

I understand where the club is coming from, they don't want to just have it be if you are old and slightly underperforming you get dropped to the VFL for the rest of your career or delisted. They can't attract players to come play for us if that is the case. However, constantly backing players is ok but after 5 rounds of absolutely trash you have to pull the trigger and drop underperformers.

What will probably happen

In: Higgins, Preuss
Out: Thomas, Goldstein (inj)
Scott favourite players get a game others are dropped

Sarah Perkins in for swallow. stern look...
Harper > Thomas right now.

Harpers last 3 games for the club > Lindsay's last 6.

your joy in his demise is pathetic.

I think LT knows himself well.
He tried and test himself many different ways last year. Coz' he found umps doesn't pay him cheap shifty free kicks any more.
But he has limitation w small body.
He completely lost motivation and momentum now.
GAME OVER!!!

Just have the kahunas to pick a side based on form.

Credits in the bank/lacking confidence is for the vfl.

Show some stones please.

In: Higgins Clarke Anderson pruess
Out: swallow(omitted), Thomas(omitted), Turner(omitted), Goldy(spell)

I feel that we run with too many small forwards as is
. Turner stiff but needs to find more of the pill and you need to give these blokes the fire in the belly when performing in vfl.

Two mids in Clarke and Higgo in, one half forward who's been getting decent numbers in the vfl and a like for like ruckman. Goldy needs a rest. Hate having to use browny as a chop out but for balance sakes you can't play maj.

Think the backline is the least of our problems ATM. Scotty Thompson on thin ice but durds needs to get past lachie/taz for a spot rather than hunter. VW has his eyes on that one

Out for me would be a Turner a Thomas a Swallow and a Hansen

Ins would be a Daw a Anderson a Clarke and a Higgins

I don't get 6 pages of fiddling at the edges with these IN and OUTS.

It reminds me of the pages of arguments that happen in February regarding the best three players at the tail end of our List.

There are fundamental issues around structures and stoppages ahead of dropping 2 players like it's some panacea.

Out: Thomas, Swallow and Goldstein
In: Higgins, Clarke and Preuss/Daw

Goldstein is an out because when he isn't 100% fit, we know he is very average. So rest him to get over his ankle injury.

I don't get 6 pages of fiddling at the edges with these IN and OUTS.

It reminds me of the pages of arguments that happen in February regarding the best three players at the tail end of our List.

There are fundamental issues around structures and stoppages ahead of dropping 2 players like it's some panacea.
Why is it that these "fundamental issues around structures and stoppages" continue to be an issue in games? Is it the inability of players to do what is required of them in tight situations? Is it the inability of the coaches to correctly teach these structures? If the players are struggling to implement the plans of the coaches then what does that say about our ability to teach and develop? So what can be done this week in regards to structures etc to get the win? For one go with one less inside mid in Swallow. Bring in Clarke who will provide more run. And bring back Higgins who can also rotate through the midfield and Up forward for Thomas who is stinking it up. Yah see making changes to the First 22 can assist in playing a certain way. I reckon the more run and versatility we bring into the side the better the chance we have of winning. :stern look

Why is it that these "fundamental issues around structures and stoppages" continue to be an issue in games? Is it the inability of players to do what is required of them in tight situations? Is it the inability of the coaches to correctly teach these structures? If the players are struggling to implement the plans of the coaches then what does that say about our ability to teach and develop? So what can be done this week in regards to structures etc to get the win? For one go with one less inside mid in Swallow. Bring in Clarke who will provide more run. And bring back Higgins who can also rotate through the midfield and Up forward for Thomas who is stinking it up. Yah see making changes to the First 22 can assist in playing a certain way. I reckon the more run and versatility we bring into the side the better the chance we have of winning. :stern look

The Coach Brad Scott says that it is players inability to execute the instructions expected of them.

If you have looked at the last two minutes of the game which some of us have done so this afternoon without the hysterics there are a number of players in that short snapshot who didn't do what was expected of them ...and they aren't mentioned in some of these outs.

So yeh, the Coach and Coaches have some teaching to do...but fiddling with the edges with 6 pages of In and outs ..which is back to my original point...is missing an understanding of some of the basic errors that the team is demonstrating

But..........if Scott pulls a rabbit out of the hat and includes a host of young players this week what would happen?? Say Durdin, Mountford, Wagner and Anderson and Preuss play. Would the members come and see?

Not likely.

They only turn up for 425 game breaking games.

The Coach Brad Scott says that it is players inability to execute the instructions expected of them.

If you have looked at the last two minutes of the game which some of us have done so this afternoon without the hysterics there are a number of players in that short snapshot who didn't do what was expected of them ...and they aren't mentioned in some of these outs.

So yeh, the Coach and Coaches have some teaching to do...but fiddling with the edges with 6 pages of In and outs ..which is back to my original point...is missing an understanding of some of the basic errors that the team is demonstrating
The game isn't 2 minutes long. From what I saw Thomas stunk it up for the whole match and Swallow, eventhough he battled hard inside when given the opportunity, butchered the ball again and again. I've given you my reasons for making these changes how I think they will assist the side so I'm not fiddling around anything. Do you comprehend or do I need to convey the above in Turkish? :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Higgins, Clarke, Preuss

Out: Swallow (omitted), Thomas (omitted), Gibson (omitted)

Anderson, Daw and Mountford can really push if they kill it again in the VFL.

The game isn't 2 minutes long. From what I saw Thomas stunk it up for the whole match and Swallow, eventhough he battled hard inside when given the opportunity, butchered the ball again and again. I've given you my reasons for making these changes how I think they will assist the side so I'm not fiddling around anything. Do you comprehend or do I need to convey the above in Turkish? :stern look

And again you take the obvious in my post and turn it into an attack.

Must be hard work managing three conversations on here...do you forget which persona you are?

'That SHORT Snapshot' is what I said...wake up and stop being a goose.

And again you take the obvious in my post and turn it into an attack.

Must be hard work managing three conversations on here...do you forget which personal out are?

'That SHORT Snapshot' is what I said...wake up and stop being a goose.
LOL. OK you asked for it. Gobble, Gobble, Gobble. :stern look

I think we are at the proverbial deck chairs on the Titanic position now.

Not a lot to be gained by talking 'ins and outs'.

Worst start since '72 - Scott signed on for 2 more years - deafly silence from the inner scrotum - no one seemingly giving a rat's behind as to whether we win or lose other than us few ferals on BF. No one really questioning the strategy of the club - no one really concerned about the last 12 months. To quote a few on here ..it's all good ..the players are trying hard.

What will a couple of changes do? Really?

Of which the responsibility also falls on Brad Scott as a coach, seeing as though it's a pattern of behaviour that keeps on occurring. The fragility & the inability to put sides away in giving up comfortable leads has become a hallmark under his coaching tenure. Also, he keeps rewarding certain senior players with games who can't execute in the last 2 minutes of the game, (some now can't execute during most of the game) & won't stand up & be counted when the team needs them. BTW, were they under instruction to attempt to run out the game with 4 minutes to go or are players freelancing? The mentality seems to be trying not to lose the game instead of actually trying to win it.

But..........if Scott pulls a rabbit out of the hat and includes a host of young players this week what would happen?? Say Durdin, Mountford, Wagner and Anderson and Preuss play. Would the members come and see?
Rabbit out of the hat - that oldy but a goodie. Who knows - the true rusted ons will be there as always but you can't tell - Gold Coast on a Sat night?

Last year this time at 5-0 maybe 22 - this year at 0-5 you have to expect some push back from the neutral element but i hope the first number is a 2.

In: Higgins, Daw, Clarke, Preuss, Anderson
Out: Turner, Thomas, Swallow, Atley, Goldstein (inj)

Turner stiff but needs to find more of the ball, we desperately miss having another forward who can bring our long bombs to ground.

GROW SOME BALLS NORTH AND DROP THE PLAYERS THAT DONT DESERVE IT

I understand where the club is coming from, they don't want to just have it be if you are old and slightly underperforming you get dropped to the VFL for the rest of your career or delisted. They can't attract players to come play for us if that is the case. However, constantly backing players is ok but after 5 rounds of absolutely trash you have to pull the trigger and drop underperformers.

What will probably happen

In: Higgins, Preuss
Out: Thomas, Goldstein (inj)
THIS!!!!!

I will be there, I am of the belief that you enjoy the success more when you endure the failures. Can't speak for everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back