U19 Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The stage is set for a great Saturday afternoon. Potentially a few morning showers then clearing to a mostly sunny day. The two powerhouse of the last 4-5 years play off in another grand final. Xavs have clearly shown all year that they are the team to beat but de la have a genuine opportunity to get one back on the Xavs boys. My tip is the Xavs to get the chockies, just, in the closest battle of the year. My tip for Best on Ground will be a guy called Louis Denton as he will be eager to to have a ripper after being tagged out of the second semi final's game.

Go Xavs!

The stage is set for a great Saturday afternoon. Potentially a few morning showers then clearing to a mostly sunny day. The two powerhouse of the last 4-5 years play off in another grand final. Xavs have clearly shown all year that they are the team to beat but de la have a genuine opportunity to get one back on the Xavs boys. My tip is the Xavs to get the chockies, just, in the closest battle of the year. My tip for Best on Ground will be a guy called Louis Denton as he will be eager to to have a ripper after being tagged out of the second semi final's game.

Go Xavs!
exactly right screamer it just wouldnt be fitting if it wasnt dela vs xavs this year they have been the best teams by so far this year. My tip is dela only because every game i have watched dela have been up at half time by a fair margin (stradebroke and trevor barker games didnt bother going to the dead rubber at darybell) and if they can do this again they will have the belief that the extra run against the bernards that they can run out the game and dela will win in a tight one. My tip for best on ground would have to be the haley brothers after watching on the weekend if harry plays like he did he is a huge show, but young charlie cops the hardest tags i have ever seen in vafa football and still kicks 4 a week so if he can get off the lesh this week and kick a huge bag which i beleive he can he will lead the dela boys in the right direction to win that flag.

Very happy not to be reading all the snow dog rubbish this week. It sounds like they were insipid on Sunday. I see Nicholson found some form?

ive been following the dela under 19s all year and hugh has always had the abilty as we all no but has just been injured all year and has finally overcome this and found some serious form comming into the granny. how will they stop gotch who in the semi against xavs couldn't of played a better first half in fact the best first half by a footballer i have seen in a long time, and now hugh who has found form and also c. haley you cant tagg all 3 little superstars so its a big decisions for the xavs make or brake i say! they went with a hard tag on haley let gotch run free (bad call) and a run with player on nicholson but that didnt work so what will they do come the GF?

ive been following the dela under 19s all year and hugh has always had the abilty as we all no but has just been injured all year and has finally overcome this and found some serious form comming into the granny. how will they stop gotch who in the semi against xavs couldn't of played a better first half in fact the best first half by a footballer i have seen in a long time, and now hugh who has found form and also c. haley you cant tagg all 3 little superstars so its a big decisions for the xavs make or brake i say! they went with a hard tag on haley let gotch run free (bad call) and a run with player on nicholson but that didnt work so what will they do come the GF?

i believe the xavs have enough ammunition to stop those 3 players. they all have to be on top of their game but clearly showed that they can do it in the 2nd half of the 2nd semi final a fort night ago. Xavs also have stars like these on every line of the ground. 3 guns for dela arnt going to beat the best team in the comp as the OX have shown and proven all year round.

if it all goes to plan, we are in for a sensational game of football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really shocked how everyone is jumping off the Xavs bandwagon.

They have lost the one game for the year and that was by less than a kick :confused: !

Saying this it will be the midfield battle that will decide the game. As the forwards for each team are of a similar standard i.e. Ralph vs Haley. I sincerley doubt that Nicholson will have the opportunity to have nine shots on goal in the grand final. Especially the way the Xavs side squeezes the opposition in their back half.

Xavs to win the final by 4 goals. Denton to be best on ...

Xavs to win in another great game. Reckon the best on should be aimed away from the mid's and forwards, the backs never get a look in in these sort of things, So Skene is my smokey for best on, but most likely will be Woodley, would have been Plant for sure but he's been rubbed ou.

Max Cent you've got no idea, Little man syndrome will get to Gotch in the first minute after someone lays a finger on him. He'll be hot and cold, moments of brilliance mixed with a yellow card and some time spent cooling off.

Let's see if the umpire sees the De La ruckman throwing haymakers this time around. Pretty sure thats all he's out there for anyway, cant get a kick.

don't no how ralph is of similar standard of haley when ralph has played more games but haleys has kicked 25+ more goals? from what i have seen gotch has a cool head and will do nothing but give his team th best chance of winning a flag.

don't no how ralph is of similar standard of haley when ralph has played more games but haleys has kicked 25+ more goals? from what i have seen gotch has a cool head and will do nothing but give his team th best chance of winning a flag.

In the games I was involved in this year they kicked the around the same amount of goals each ... Thats why I indicated that they were of a similar standard. :)

Xavs to win in another great game. Reckon the best on should be aimed away from the mid's and forwards, the backs never get a look in in these sort of things, So Skene is my smokey for best on, but most likely will be Woodley, would have been Plant for sure but he's been rubbed ou.

Max Cent you've got no idea, Little man syndrome will get to Gotch in the first minute after someone lays a finger on him. He'll be hot and cold, moments of brilliance mixed with a yellow card and some time spent cooling off.

Let's see if the umpire sees the De La ruckman throwing haymakers this time around. Pretty sure thats all he's out there for anyway, cant get a kick.

Wasn't much evidence of that last time the teams met, Gotch kicked 5 goals in a half of football playing out of the midfield. Made the rest of the competition look 2nd class. You have rocks on your head

fair enough
In the games I was involved in this year they kicked the around the same amount of goals each ... Thats why I indicated that they were of a similar standard. :)
fair enough but the games i have watched charlie is definatly one of the premier players in the comp and a class above ralph not taking anything away from him, he is certainly a good player.

OX just 1 loss for the season is a great effort. Best side all year and deserve to be favourites. Having said that De La is in much better shape as a consequence of last weeks run.

Won’t comment on the tribunal results other than to say this. Win or lose there will be a bit said about Toby Plant’s absence. A class player and obviously a big loss to OX. But don’t forget the kid from De La who is also missing. Has been a rock at CHB all year and was probably BOG in the 2nd semi until injured. A big loss to the Ds.

Whether it was an accident, deliberate or just plain bad luck the facts are this kids faced was caved in. He has endured 2 operations already. As well as missing a GF he has had major disruption to his day-to-day life, work and study etc. So while there will be a lot of sympathy for Toby spare a thought for Charlie A. I’m told that in the regular season this injury would require an 8-12 week recovery period.

A great shame that both those kids are not playing tomorrow but that’s footy.

Well done to both clubs for once again being there at the pointy end of the season and may the better team win.

Bit hypocritical don't you think Rooster?

One of your De La blokes knocked a bloke out cold during the year and only got two weeks.

A whole lot of consistency isn't there.... :rolleyes:

Bit hypocritical don't you think Rooster?

One of your De La blokes knocked a bloke out cold during the year and only got two weeks.

A whole lot of consistency isn't there.... :rolleyes:

How the hell is my comment hypocritical? Don’t want to re-hash all that rubbish again but the De La bloke pleaded guilty. There were no broken bones, operations, hospital stays, or I believe, even games missed. In this recent case we have a broken nose, broken cheek bone, fractured eye socket, 2 operations so far, god only knows how much $ spent on medical bills, a missed grand final and severe disruption to his quality of life for some time. Would have been a 2 – 3 month injury in the regular season.

In the Beauy case the De La bloke probably should have got 3. Maybe he got a week off for pleading guilty. Plant got 4. Might have got 3 if he pleaded guilty. He rolled the dice, lost the original hearing, appealed, lost again and had a week added on. Cant blame them for having a crack. Right or wrong it’s not unheard of to double the penalty for failed appeals.

Now when you compare the penalties and consequences of both cases the OX case actually looks to be under the odds so not sure what your point is about consistency.

There was no commentary on the incident, hearing, actions of either club or the workings of the tribunal. My whole point was that it is a shame that BOTH kids are not running out tomorrow.

How the hell is my comment hypocritical? Don’t want to re-hash all that rubbish again but the De La bloke pleaded guilty. There were no broken bones, operations, hospital stays, or I believe, even games missed. In this recent case we have a broken nose, broken cheek bone, fractured eye socket, 2 operations so far, god only knows how much $ spent on medical bills, a missed grand final and severe disruption to his quality of life for some time. Would have been a 2 – 3 month injury in the regular season.

In the Beauy case the De La bloke probably should have got 3. Maybe he got a week off for pleading guilty. Plant got 4. Might have got 3 if he pleaded guilty. He rolled the dice, lost the original hearing, appealed, lost again and had a week added on. Cant blame them for having a crack. Right or wrong it’s not unheard of to double the penalty for failed appeals.

Now when you compare the penalties and consequences of both cases the OX case actually looks to be under the odds so not sure what your point is about consistency.

There was no commentary on the incident, hearing, actions of either club or the workings of the tribunal. My whole point was that it is a shame that BOTH kids are not running out tomorrow.
It doesn't rule out the severity of the incident. You can't say "just because he wasn't injured" it wasn't a dog act. Which it was. A bloke knocked another out cold, behind play, but because he was all sweet then he only get's 2 weeks.

Your reasoning is bias mate.

I appreciate that they both went to the tribunal, and faced up, but that tribunal wouldn't know a report if it smacked them in the face.

The Plant incident was a hand back into the face, which was a pure accident. Unfortunately your bloke has copped a bit on the jaw, but the severity of the punishment is unjust.

Open up your eyes a bit mate.

It doesn't rule out the severity of the incident. You can't say "just because he wasn't injured" it wasn't a dog act. Which it was. A bloke knocked another out cold, behind play, but because he was all sweet then he only get's 2 weeks.

Your reasoning is bias mate.

I appreciate that they both went to the tribunal, and faced up, but that tribunal wouldn't know a report if it smacked them in the face.

The Plant incident was a hand back into the face, which was a pure accident. Unfortunately your bloke has copped a bit on the jaw, but the severity of the punishment is unjust.

Open up your eyes a bit mate.

I just dont get how you could get a broken nose and cheek from an innocent back hand to the face
And their argument was he was getting tackled when de la had the ball at the time of the incident.

Anyway moving on
Great game on Saturday.
Thought xavier was going to make a run in the third and fourth
Got a bit worried in the de la cheer squad but lucky for us they hit back harder and ran out the game

A couple things I noticed:
Sefton Mcgraws shut down job on Woodley
Joel Mattiske's job on Denton.
Brad wilsons game. Was up there for BOG in my eyes, has so much time when on the ball and always makes the right decision
The xavier's back men really seemed to struggle with our heckling.
#22 from ox was copping it all day and it really seemed to get to him in the later part of the game.

Other than that. Great day out at central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back