A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uni Blues too good in Ressies.
My shirts and caps have already been tossed into the Lygon St Brotherhood Bin.
Oh well, I'm sure they will come in handy for other folk.

If the rendition of Advance Australia Fair was not spine tingling enough for you all. Surely that first quarter was.
Trinity 3.2.20
Xavs 2.4.16
We have the close one.

Half Time:
Xavs 5.6.36 lead Trinity 4.3.27
Xavs defence holding very firm. Noonan a freak.
It's a mighty battle. Shaws hammy looking ok.
Iezzi is a brilliant leader.
These two teams are a clear top 2 IMO.

Pretty ordinary game so far.

Trinity's foot skills aren't evident .

Zavs being bully boys and it is clearly working.

Umpires take off those Sholly glasses.

Max "livestream is cheaper than the entry fee at Ikon Park" Leader

3/4 Time
Xavs 6.7.43
Trinity 5.9.39
Trinity dominated quarter but Xavs defence held firm.
Will Trinity's run and spread be too much for the Xavs in this last 30 minutes?
Or do Xavs have 30 minutes left in the tank for hard contested stop and start footy.
Intriguing.

If 2015 was one of the best GFs ever then this was surely one of the worst. Glad I saved my coin and watched the live stream as this was horrible.

Trinity undone by the conditions, horrendous conversion, some questionable decision-making and an inability to keep their feet. Dominated general play but for a team that are generally so skilful they missed so may crucial shots at goal, continually slipped over and seemed obsessed with kicking it to the pockets. Just nothing went their way. But my god Iezzi was good. Absolute star and if anyone in this comp deserves a flag its him.

Genuinely feel sorrow for them. Have now lost 3 tight GF’s in 4 years when they have gone in as favourites. This is now a significant monkey on their back.

Would the VAFA look at having IKON Park, Carlton the new permanent venue of the William Buck Premier Grand Final, at the expense of its traditional home, Sportscover Arena?

Or maybe the VAFA should consider other options to host their biggest game of the year (ie Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham; Punt Rd Oval, Richmond)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 2015 was one of the best GFs ever then this was surely one of the worst. Glad I saved my coin and watched the live stream as this was horrible.

Trinity undone by the conditions, horrendous conversion, some questionable decision-making and an inability to keep their feet. Dominated general play but for a team that are generally so skilful they missed so may crucial shots at goal, continually slipped over and seemed obsessed with kicking it to the pockets. Just nothing went their way. But my god Iezzi was good. Absolute star and if anyone in this comp deserves a flag its him.

Genuinely feel sorrow for them. Have now lost 3 tight GF’s in 4 years when they have gone in as favourites. This is now a significant monkey on their back.

Iezzi is a freak. I too hope they win one.
But they didn't dominate the game. They dominated chunks. As did Xavs. Trinity all over Xavs for fist 15 minutes. Xavs then dominated 45 minutes. Trinity dominated third and the last was a genuine arm wrestle.
Whilst Trinity were not at their skilful breaking best, this was not because of the surface or cold, it was because of the opposition. It's no surprise which game Xavs brought to the table. It's been the same for a long time.

No doubt all APS people are happy tonight with ordered restored after the last few years where the cup was taken by an ACC team and Uni.

Just give us a few years and we will be able to add another APS team to the mix!

Would AFL clubs look at drafting Brendon Iezzi as a mature age recruit in November's AFL National Draft?

Congrats to OX, they were one quarter away from B grade last year, now premiers.

OT butchered set shots that would have won them the game, all from within 30 metres.

My mate Ralphy O will be a very happy man tonight, I'll only say this once, "Go you Xavvers"!

Look out next year, The Big Russian is in town :)

From you, I'm taking that as almost a compliment. Sure you included the idiot part again...but by only saying it wasn't my best work...you clearly didn't say it was my worst work.
It might just be me, but im sensing an olive branch of sorts.

We will. A couple of signings already. Just getting my last 2 bobs worth in before l am "banned" from this forum as we are now B Graders. Some people here are precious.
Went to GF today, unlike last year the line to get in was non existant. Weather had a lot to do with it. Poor boot choice by the players was costly for both sides, so much slipping over. Nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 pair of boots in the kit bag to suit the conditions.
Have to say the Ammo passion is far greater than EFL. Went to EFL GF Saturday and the voice at the ground remained constant no matter if a goal was kicked or not. All about "sinking a tinnie" and the game was just a reason to have a beer. No passion from the crowd for either side.
So much more atmosphere at Ikon with Ammo footy and that is something we should all be proud of.

Good luck to you all, even the posters l think are dickheads. Down to be B the mighty Panthers go but l guarantee you all we will be back in 2018 or 19. We have had shocker years before, in the 50's 60' 70's 80' 90' 00's 10's and in that time we have come from G Grade to A grade. We will be back, we will be stronger and we will become a powerhouse of the VAFA. Everything is in cycles, we like being in A and we want to get back and stay.
I don't post much but read a lot, think you will find a post where l said Xavs only need to sneak into the 4 to win it. Bingo. Also didn't put OT in my 4 after Round 1 game but after we played them 2nd time my boys said they were the best runners they had come up against. They deserve to win one.
All the best to you all, Go Panthers. Merry Christmas.

We will. A couple of signings already. Just getting my last 2 bobs worth in before l am "banned" from this forum as we are now B Graders. Some people here are precious.
Went to GF today, unlike last year the line to get in was non existant. Weather had a lot to do with it. Poor boot choice by the players was costly for both sides, so much slipping over. Nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 pair of boots in the kit bag to suit the conditions.
Have to say the Ammo passion is far greater than EFL. Went to EFL GF Saturday and the voice at the ground remained constant no matter if a goal was kicked or not. All about "sinking a tinnie" and the game was just a reason to have a beer. No passion from the crowd for either side.
So much more atmosphere at Ikon with Ammo footy and that is something we should all be proud of.

Good luck to you all, even the posters l think are dickheads. Down to be B the mighty Panthers go but l guarantee you all we will be back in 2018 or 19. We have had shocker years before, in the 50's 60' 70's 80' 90' 00's 10's and in that time we have come from G Grade to A grade. We will be back, we will be stronger and we will become a powerhouse of the VAFA. Everything is in cycles, we like being in A and we want to get back and stay.
I don't post much but read a lot, think you will find a post where l said Xavs only need to sneak into the 4 to win it. Bingo. Also didn't put OT in my 4 after Round 1 game but after we played them 2nd time my boys said they were the best runners they had come up against. They deserve to win one.
All the best to you all, Go Panthers. Merry Christmas.

See that man Chivers played for Balwyn. Was on the books at a few Amateur clubs.

Would the VAFA look at having IKON Park, Carlton the new permanent venue of the William Buck Premier Grand Final, at the expense of its traditional home, Sportscover Arena?

Or maybe the VAFA should consider other options to host their biggest game of the year (ie Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham; Punt Rd Oval, Richmond)?

You really do have a bee in your bonnet on this Jase.

I think you'll find all the ducks are now in line and work on the redevelopment of Sportscover will most likely begin this year. So it's going to be an integral of the VAFA for the foreseeable future. Whether that includes a return of the Premier GF - who knows. And whether the GF continues at Ikon is dependent on a few things. Two of which are whether the VFL wants to return there to play their finals and what the rental costs are should the ground be redeveloped.

I note fewer people appeared to be there today. The weather may have been a factor.

I believe the admin is looking for temporary office accommodation. Perhaps Boss James could cater for their temporary needs.;)

On the game, you've really got to hand it to Xavs. Part way through the year they looked anything but a flag proposition. Even today the pundits were all over the 'Ts'

Extremely disappointing end once again for Trinity. Hopefully they can retain most of the playing group, add a couple, and make another serious tilt in 2017.

I think you'll find all the ducks are now in line and work on the redevelopment of Sportscover will most likely begin this year. So it's going to be an integral of the VAFA for the foreseeable future. Whether that includes a return of the Premier GF - who knows. And whether the GF continues at Ikon is dependent on a few things. Two of which are whether the VFL wants to return there to play their finals and what the rental costs are should the ground be redeveloped.

I note fewer people appeared to be there today. The weather may have been a factor.

I believe the admin is looking for temporary office accommodation. Perhaps Boss James could cater for their temporary needs.;)

On the game, you've really got to hand it to Xavs. Part way through the year they looked anything but a flag proposition. Even today the pundits were all over the 'Ts'

Extremely disappointing end once again for Trinity. Hopefully they can retain most of the playing group, add a couple, and make another serious tilt in 2017.

Felt the same as you watching the live stream. Very sparse crowd..did create some awesome echo!

Etihad Stadium would be perfect.

Close the roof, no wind, no adverse weather, even playing field for all.

Excellent decision.

FWIW well done to Xavs, pressure was fantastic all day. The Ts will rue those missed shots in the 3rd. I thought Wynne was best, must have had a dozen marks in defensive 50. Having been to a few different GFs over the past month, I agree ammo passion is unrivalled. I did think yesterday though that it would have been a lot better at a smaller venue with the crowd not as spaced out. They can't win can they the VAFA? Looking forward to 2017 already. Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back