Premier 2022 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

League better check those player points, Uni Blues have cocked up and found to be over in nearly all their wins this season. Trouble.

Not an issue for most but Vermont hit the 46 point cap on Saturday. Guess that “amazing” Vermont junior system must have slowed down a bit.
I was told that in the ammos the clubs lodge their own points against a player - rather than the league actually allocating them. Gee whiz thats a system fraught with corruption!

I was told that in the ammos the clubs lodge their own points against a player - rather than the league actually allocating them. Gee whiz thats a system fraught with corruption!
EFNL clubs lodge excel list at start of season with prior year points for existing players & then current year points.

New players are sent with current year points & generally an explanation as to how points are calculated.

Reviewed by EFNL & ticked off. People seem to think Leagues have endless resources & audit each club to the enth degree. Fairyland stuff.

Players signed during the season is probably the one area where something could slip in EFNL method.

Lots of fun to calculate. Should try it sometime old mate. 😜

Not in Qld BM - the AFLQ allocate the points to every player who registers. Saves this sort of thing happening... :)

That would be the smart way to do it… we’re not that smart down here

Every player in the state is in the Gameday system so reckon it’d only take a developer a couple of months on a project to knock something up that can allocate the points, and then you can just manage it by exception. Ah well

EFNL clubs lodge excel list at start of season with prior year points for existing players & then current year points.

New players are sent with current year points & generally an explanation as to how points are calculated.

Reviewed by EFNL & ticked off. People seem to think Leagues have endless resources & audit each club to the enth degree. Fairyland stuff.

Players signed during the season is probably the one area where something could slip in EFNL method.

Lots of fun to calculate. Should try it sometime old mate. 😜
Few years ago when the points system came in, very player playing at Div 2 level or above was allocated a points number based on a number of different variations. Would have taken a mountain of time. Clubs went through and could contest the points allocated to their players if need be. That was the time consuming part - then it was just a case of making sure any new recruits / registered players were allocated points when they were listed. Not quite so time consuming. The heavy lifting was done early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t get there unfortunately - been a rubbish end to the week. Was getting updates during the day.

10 minutes in Spencer, Jamar & Annakis down & limited to 1 on the bench. Incredible effort.

Coach has been amazing with a somewhat limited squad. The boys really play for him (most weeks).

What’s happened to Vermont this year? 20 points and 4th last is astounding.

I’ve noticed their player points are consistently high so could be a few things

They have recruited poorly (blokes from higher levels who aren’t delivering)
They are poorly coached / organised and playing well below themselves, ie there are internal issues
They need further time to make it click

Probably mostly the latter would be my guess given the departures of Eddy, Best, Honeychurch, Schneider, Mullet, Buxton and plenty of others since the 2019 flag (only really 25 games ago), big turnover of their key players all at once.

Time will tell how patient they are

I’ve noticed their player points are consistently high so could be a few things

They have recruited poorly (blokes from higher levels who aren’t delivering)
They are poorly coached / organised and playing well below themselves, ie there are internal issues
They need further time to make it click

Probably mostly the latter would be my guess given the departures of Eddy, Best, Honeychurch, Schneider, Mullet, Buxton and plenty of others since the 2019 flag (only really 25 games ago), big turnover of their key players all at once.

Time will tell how patient they are

First year coach for them this year? Parker? Or am I miles off there? They look very young.

and they got smashed by the low salary cap - rumour is their best player was 99.9% leaving for more money elsewhere (and who would blame him ?) but somehow they convinced him to stay.
Definitely had an impact, it's the perfect storm. Mind you the Cap is the easily rorted and where those players departed to clearly know how to get around it. I expect Vermont to bounce back hard next year as they are the best-run business in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back