Premier 2022 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Rowville growth comes from
They are excellently coached. But more so when 16-18 of your 22 have come through your junior system there is a level of comfort and want to play that bit harder for the jumper. I also believe mentally they have nobles number this year.

6 years ago I said.
"It looks like Rowville are finally starting to get it together. They've had an enormous number of junior players in the past and it's surprising that weren't where they are now some time ago. It does indicate that teams located in areas with a lot of kids growing up are going to produce a lower points tally, if they can hold onto them". In some circumstance the points system is meaningless as can be seen by Nunawading averaging in the high forties over the season.

Good luck to Rowville, I really hope they can do it this year!

Noble fumbled all day, Rowville clean and hit targets. No passengers for Rowville.... will be hard to beat on the last 6 quarters of footy i’ve Seen them play against Noble. Quality brand of footy and coach speaks well.

6 years ago I said.
"It looks like Rowville are finally starting to get it together. They've had an enormous number of junior players in the past and it's surprising that weren't where they are now some time ago. It does indicate that teams located in areas with a lot of kids growing up are going to produce a lower points tally, if they can hold onto them". In some circumstance the points system is meaningless as can be seen by Nunawading averaging in the high forties over the season.

Good luck to Rowville, I really hope they can do it this year!

Agree 100% cliff. What points show is a club with juniors does better than those without. Obvious statement I know but using your nuna example none of their players can be juniors and therefore all need to be recruits who carry points…

Extrapolating that and as a parent of juniors currently the best clubs set up for good futures with low points look to me to be Blackburn (biased I admit), Vermont rowville and interestingly north Ringwood and the basin all look well structured and strong numbers. Probably throw wanny south montrose south Croydon and mooroolbark into that mix. Of course it isn’t everything but it is a good solid base

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree 100% cliff. What points show is a club with juniors does better than those without. Obvious statement I know but using your nuna example none of their players can be juniors and therefore all need to be recruits who carry points…

Extrapolating that and as a parent of juniors currently the best clubs set up for good futures with low points look to me to be Blackburn (biased I admit), Vermont rowville and interestingly north Ringwood and the basin all look well structured and strong numbers. Probably throw wanny south montrose south Croydon and mooroolbark into that mix. Of course it isn’t everything but it is a good solid base

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Blackburn and Vermont (and a few others) actively recruiting juniors will do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back