Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Blackburn and Vermont (and a few others) actively recruiting juniors will do that.
At Mitcham we have sides in all grades mostly in the top grades.5 junior sides played finals but sadly only U14 girls won a flag.One of the biggest Aus.kicks in the EFNL.Vermont/Blackburn as well.

Last edited:
Agree 100% cliff. What points show is a club with juniors does better than those without. Obvious statement I know but using your nuna example none of their players can be juniors and therefore all need to be recruits who carry points…

Extrapolating that and as a parent of juniors currently the best clubs set up for good futures with low points look to me to be Blackburn (biased I admit), Vermont rowville and interestingly north Ringwood and the basin all look well structured and strong numbers. Probably throw wanny south montrose south Croydon and mooroolbark into that mix. Of course it isn’t everything but it is a good solid base

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What was behind that comment Hansie, is for years Rowville have been a growth area for kids. Massive numbers in both Primary and Secondary schools. They are on the crest of a wave at the moment but the numbers are showing that it will be in decline in a few years. People have moved into the area, had kids and they are growing up. In a few years they will have moved away from home and mum and dad will still be there without kids and for the majority, they will remain there until they die or are moved into a retirement village. Until then, new families with kids won't be there. Really hard to recruit kids if they aren't there. It happened 30 years ago in Blackburn and Mt Waverley, the trough of the wave is slowly moving out and will arrive in Rowville sooner than later. Rowville should have been peaking 10 years ago.

Last edited:
& some were concerned with Balwyn losing Mr Wilson. Brenton Sanderson appointed coach - they ain’t dropping off.

Still plenty of good operators down there.

It looks like he will be too old to dominate Bob. At that age, the great Colin Tainton was captain coach of Coldstream, although he did kick 70 goals.
image_2022-09-08_200513784.png

Noble easily. Never underestimate a side with Kyle Martin in it!

South did well to get as far as they did. Were just a rung below the top sides for most of the season.

The best two sides have made it.
Can Noble lift enough to finally knock off Rowville? Should be a good contest.

South did well to get as far as they did. Were just a rung below the top sides for most of the season.

The best two sides have made it.
Can Noble lift enough to finally knock off Rowville? Should be a good contest.
From what i saw 2 weeks ago Rowville structured well, were clean and looked quicker on the ground than Noble. Noble did appear out of sorts from the moment they finished there warm ups and virtually ran straight out on the ground.....early start probably threw them off! I'm tipping that Lachie McDonald wont be as quiet as he was in the 2nd Semi, hope it is a close and as spectactular as the game at Noble a month ago, that would be a great Grand Final decider!

I'm going for Rowville for sentimental reasons. Stuart Wynd's son is playing for them and club great Gary "Crasher" Coleman has two nephews playing for them and they are cousins not brothers.
However, any team with Kyle Martin in it, is always a good chance.

Noble off to a good start after what looks like they were kicking against the wind. 2nd quarter will be revealing.
Have to say that Stu's son has arms on him like Michael Tuck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble brought the pressure all over the ground from the first bounce, Rowville ever left looked likely.

If Rowville boys stick fat they will win flags but noble the better side on the day and that I see all that counts.

Best side I saw for the season won it. Really pleased for the Bulls coaching group, ripper bunch of blokes.

Remarkable season for Rowville. Very young side and if they can keep the group together they have a lot to look forward too.

Noble looked bigger (not taller, just muscular development) and were much more experienced, which really helped when the rain came. Rowville will develop their young players and continue to improve in the future.

How in gods earth didn’t Martin win the medal on Saturday
Watching the presentation at the end of the game I got the impression that the winner was chosen by one of the broadcast panel. If that is true, how is it that just one bloke chooses the winner?
Not sure who it was though, I would have to re-watch the replay.
It would be fairer to have the umpires vote and an equal number of independent judges to do the job.

Bobby it appears there are a few Doncaster boys on the move to the Sunshine Coast. Any detail on these blokes? One I hear won your club b&f in 2022 so must be more than handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back